Hi,

I was wondering if someone could clarify this matter. The scenario goes like...

I have a Z10 and I'm running release version 10.1.4181, just updated yesterday in order to use the APN setting to run data packages. I am able to run the data package (APN set to blackberry.net) fine except for the BBM. I can browse the internet, use WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter etc. I noticed that the BlackBerry logo does not appear when I turn on my data services, only the E (capital) appears. The BlackBerry logo appears only when I'm connected to Wifi and I am able to use BBM then.

So I'm guessing the logo has something to do with the BBM connectivity. Can anyone shed some light or maybe point out a fix if there are any?
    09-02-13 07:59 AM
    Hi there and welcome to the Forums.
    Your guess is right. Even if there are no BIS anymore, there are still some functionality like BBM the Blackberry servers are needed for (not really surprising).
    As far as i know you need to set the APN to a value your carrier accepts. For my country / carrier i can fill in whatever i want and its still functioning.
    09-02-13 08:05 AM
    Thanks Gambit, I'll try setting the carrier APN and post the result.

**Edit**

I've tried setting the carrier APN. Still the same. The BlackBerry logo doesn't appear, only the E.
    Last edited by Mohammed Mostafa; 09-02-13 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Update
    09-02-13 08:10 AM
    What I don't understand is... I'm actually connected to Wifi through my laptop's hotspot. And the laptop is connected to the internet using a 3G usb modem with a normal SIM inside of it. Which means that's just another data package that I'm using. And the question is... If the BBM can run on that data package, then why not this one?
    09-02-13 08:32 AM
    I'm just guessing now, but there can be a difference on the carrier side, on the way the laptop connects (and configures), and there could be a bug.
    Hard to tell from here

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:07 PM
    Hmmm so I'm guessing there isn't anyone here with a solution. Or more like, BlackBerry didn't leave us with any choice.
    09-03-13 03:36 AM
    Hmmm so I'm guessing there isn't anyone here with a solution. Or more like, BlackBerry didn't leave us with any choice.
    A very practical option: You could switch the sim cards, to test if it is a bug in general. You could also call your carrier if there is a problem with NEW blackberry 10 devices (I wrote that in capital, because a lot of hotliners will tell you things that touch the legacy BIS, and not the BB10).
    I read about similar problems with specific carriers here on the forum, so maybe there is already a solution if you search for your carrier in the BB10 section.
    09-03-13 04:47 AM
    I'm guessing your device is an unlocked prepaid version? If so you need to contact your carrier to set the proper APN for you and you should be registered to your carrier's regular data plan for the bbm to work.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    09-03-13 04:51 AM
    I'm guessing your device is an unlocked prepaid version? If so you need to contact your carrier to set the proper APN for you and you should be registered to your carrier's regular data plan for the bbm to work.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    Well, yes my device is factory unlocked version, but not sure though about the prepaid thingy. I already have the carrier's proper APN, they sent me thru sms. And yes I'm running a registered data plan.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 03:14 PM