Hi Guys, I'm new to this place so please forgive my lack of technical understanding. Just received a Z10 handset (Vodafone) yesterday and am having a couple some issues with my email. I have an MSN account when I delete emails from my device there is no delete 'On Mailbox & Handset' or 'On Handset' option. The problem is I would like to have my emails that are sensitive saved on my computer but wouldn't want them necessarily stored on my handset. When I delete my emails from my handset and they are moved to the deleted folder on my computer I then move them back to inbox, but then they reappear back on my handset. After speaking to Blackberry they told me that is the way that BB10 is designed and there was no way around it Is anyone here having the same issues and have a way around it?
    02-02-13 02:11 PM
    My understanding is that it's a Gmail issue. I have Gmail and it is a terrible email platform.
    02-02-13 02:42 PM
    You cannot do what you are trying to do because BlackBerry 10 makes use of ActiveSync now.

One way to work around it though is to move messages you don't want on the handset into a folder that you do not sync, so select FILE on the message and then select a folder that you do not sync to the handset and it will move the message into there.

I just tried a simple test.. I created a new folder called TEST. In the account settings, that folder is not set to sync. When you select FILE, all folders are shown, and I moved the message into that folder, and it then disappeared from the handset, but remains in the folder on the server.
    Shane8750 and walmanbb like this.
    02-02-13 03:02 PM
    Thanks very much for this, I was afraid that someone would say what you said. I just spoke to BB and they told me the same thing. The problem I guess is if I move it out from the folder in the server back into my inbox it will reappear on the handset. Is anyone else unhappy about this? Thanks again.
    02-02-13 04:05 PM
    Yes, it will always mirror what sits on the server. Its the difference from the change in mail protocols, POP3 and older profiles allow this, but they are very inflexible for everything else, and the old way that BES used to talk to Exchange was a total crapfest and caused no end of sync problems. Using ActiveSync is the best protocol for talking to mail systems, and the older systems really are being phased out.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone came out with an App that handled it for you though.. although all that could really ever do is 'hide' the message.
    02-02-13 04:08 PM
    Thanks again. What about if I deleted my email account on the handset and reapplied it on there say every 3 months to clear the emails but leave them on the server? Just an idea unless all my emails reappear when I reapply it!
    02-02-13 04:14 PM
    You got it.. as soon as you re-add it, they will all re-appear.. unless they are older than the time specified to retain them on the handset (default I think is 30 days)
    02-02-13 04:19 PM
    Thanks Matt, so basically the best option for me I think is to shorten the time they're kept on the handset so they can all just disappear as soon as and remain on my server. That's not bad come to think of it.
    02-02-13 04:31 PM
    Just checked.. the options you have are

1, 3, 7, 14, 30

So yes, that would give you what you need.. keeping in mind if that setting was changed they would come back Magic

Happy to be able to help
    walmanbb likes this.
    02-02-13 04:36 PM
    Off topic, but it is quite funny that so many people complained for years that emails didn't sync between their devices, but now that they do we will hear the other side of it. I'll have to wait and see how I feel about it once I've used the device for a bit.
    02-02-13 04:41 PM
    You can never please everyone.. Ultimately the marketplace, security, standards and enterprise are what define what a device will or will not do. Another thing is that older protocols are full of security holes, and for a device that has the top security rating, it cannot afford to leave holes
    02-02-13 04:46 PM
    The problem with filing and this is what am facing is that I try to move an email from my inbox to another folder that is not set to sync it automatically starts to to sync and it goes back and appear in my hub until I goes and set off the sync on that specific folder

Can someone help on that front

Thanks
    02-21-13 11:53 AM
    Pls help guys, BlackBerry z10 doesn't seem to have the option of blind copying myself on my emails sent from BlackBerry?
    Last edited by michael_oke; 02-21-13 at 01:26 PM.
    02-21-13 12:58 PM
    yes it is a stupid way of having to manage your work emails....no so happy with this issue.
    02-23-13 01:42 PM
    Pls help guys, BlackBerry z10 doesn't seem to have the option of blind copying myself on my emails sent from BlackBerry?
    When composing an email press the menu button, select add bcc.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 02:00 PM
    Like this
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 bb10 email issues please help-img_00000342.jpg  
    02-23-13 02:03 PM