Ok so it has been a year since my Z10 purchase from T-Mobile USA and several official and leaked OS updates but one feature that I am surprised to not have seen in a browser update is the lack of swiping. I use my Z10 for work and play through my companies BES server and an iPad Air for daily work tasks. The browser on the Z10 is amazingly fast and stable compared to the iPad or iOS variant but the iPad allows a user to swipe from the sides to go back or forward. Considering how gesture based BB10 is, I would think that would be a standard in the browser application. Not really complaining, just surprised that feature is in iOS and not BB10 as I use it all the time on the iPad. Maybe it will be in a future update but either way, still loving my Z10 and the amazingly fast BB10 OS that gets better after each update.....official or leaked
    04-06-14 06:58 PM
    I wish this was possible as well makes it a lot easier

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 08:15 PM
    I also wish the browser would have gestures too. IMO gestures for functions like back and forth are better using gestures instead of buttons. I'm also surprised that the BB10 browser doesn't fully use gestures for common tasks.

There are other missing features too.
    I'm still annoyed about the lack of bookmarks folder option in the browser, but that's a different topic.
    04-06-14 10:23 PM
    I installed 10.3.browser thinking it has gestures at least for back and forth but it has not.(same ****ty browser than the old one,no bookmark folders) Even the grappy Evolution Browser has gestures

"I'd like to see a CEO who uses the phone and can see hey I accidently take 50 pics and call 50 people on accident a day - maybe I should fix the OS!"
    04-06-14 11:02 PM
    I don't think it would be a very good feature on a small device, a lot of zoom - scroll could be mistaken for a swipe to "back" for example. If there
    was a better way to do it though that would be great
    04-06-14 11:26 PM
    I don't think it would be a very good feature on a small device, a lot of zoom - scroll could be mistaken for a swipe to "back" for example. If there
    I agree. I don't think Browse team haven't thought about this but maybe there are some stumbling blocks as it might mix with zoom/horizontal scroll things.
    04-06-14 11:46 PM
    A back and forth gesture has been used on other OS without much problems that I've experienced. If other OS can do it then it should be possible for BlackBerry. I think it's one of those features that has been overlooked by BlackBerry.

If they intentually decided not to have browser gestures then I think that is a mistake especially since BB10 is gesture based. I have a feeling it's low on their priority list of things to do, but I'm hoping they will add the browser gestures soon.
    04-07-14 12:39 AM
    Yes. One of the most need features for the browser. Sometimes I swipe in the browser forgetting there are no gesters

T-Mobile Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    04-07-14 01:34 AM
    Seriously doesnt make any sense when they tout swiping and "gesture-based" OS so much. This is part of BB10's problem: lack of consistency in UI.

Yes it is a new OS, but seriously how complicated could this have been to implement from the get-go. BlackBerry would have had it before iOS7 was dropped

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 02:11 AM