Hello my battery is draining fast, down 11% in 20 minutes and temperature according to battery guru is at 40%. Not sure what's going on here. Battery life is disappointing.
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 battery overheating and quick discharge-img_00000129.jpg  
    pauuly likes this.
    03-25-13 10:35 PM
    I am about 1 week into picking up my new Z10. Your theory sounds good however I was about to swap my phone within the 14 Day buyer remorse program from AT&T. If I wait after the 14 days I will only be able to get a refurbish from the repair center.

My phone runs hot and I get about 6 hours of low- moderate use.
    I have been trying to figure out for the past week if t is a phone or battery issue.
    As many Z10 users that have had similar problems I have doing a lot of research and this is what I have change so far with my phone config.
    [LIST]

Turned off nfc, Bluetooth, GPS, Location & wifi (when not in use).
    Drained battery twice and fully charged phone in the off position before using.
    Erase Blackberry Travel, Whats App, Google Talk.
    Closed all open frames only keeping battery guru.
    Turned of unlock gesture feature.
    Screen time out set to 20secs
    Display is at about 20%

2 Other solutions I have yet to try
    Backup Z10 using bb link, then wiping the phone and restoring with bb link
    Erase all my email accounts setup my email through outlook.com and add outlook to the z10 email accounts
    Use only bb apps and no 3rd party aps

I wish that Battery Guru or some other program would indicate which application drawing the most usage.
    I do have many apps installed including android side loaded apps.

Your thoughts anyone???

Hey,

Even I had same problem with my Z10... I went to the service center and even thought of returning my Z10 and get back to 9900 but I happened to meet another proud Z10 owner who helped me a lot.
    Firstly, for almost 15 to 20 Days, you would get crappy Battery Backup... My Z10 used to die in less than 4 Hours.
    So I read through many blogs and found that first 15 - 20 days your Z10 tries to sync with the network and BB backend as well.
    After 2 weeks of use, Try Draining out your battery completely and charge it completely, do this Twice and trust me, you would find an awesome difference in your battery backup...

I used to get less than 4 Hours of backup and now I am getting 12-13 Hours easily...!!! If I change my network to 2G from 3G, I get an additional 2 to 3 hours...!!!!

Trust Me, It actually works this way...!

Cheers....
    03-28-13 03:06 PM
    I am having the same problem.

My phone overheats way too often
    My battery is garbage, it will last me about 3 hours on heavy use. Light night I left it off charge cause I had 95% I woke up 6 hours later and my battery was 40%, no active frames running. The only activity that happened was I received 2 emailed, and 5 text messages.. like wtf.
    I charge my phone about 3 times a day to full, what a joke eh?

Side note: the selection cursor sucks so bad I want a god damn Trackpad back..

I am really angry with this, it's a great phone but it makes me want to throw it against the wall.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 03:14 PM
    I am about 1 week into picking up my new Z10. Your theory sounds good however I was about to swap my phone within the 14 Day buyer remorse program from AT&T. If I wait after the 14 days I will only be able to get a refurbish from the repair center.

My phone runs hot and I get about 6 hours of low- moderate use.
    I have been trying to figure out for the past week if t is a phone or battery issue.
    As many Z10 users that have had similar problems I have doing a lot of research and this is what I have change so far with my phone config.
    [LIST]

Turned off nfc, Bluetooth, GPS, Location & wifi (when not in use).
    Drained battery twice and fully charged phone in the off position before using.
    Erase Blackberry Travel, Whats App, Google Talk.
    Closed all open frames only keeping battery guru.
    Turned of unlock gesture feature.
    Screen time out set to 20secs
    Display is at about 20%

2 Other solutions I have yet to try
    Backup Z10 using bb link, then wiping the phone and restoring with bb link
    Erase all my email accounts setup my email through outlook.com and add outlook to the z10 email accounts
    Use only bb apps and no 3rd party aps

I wish that Battery Guru or some other program would indicate which application drawing the most usage.
    I do have many apps installed including android side loaded apps.

Your thoughts anyone???
    niceup, if you think your issue is with the battery, go to the att store and they should give you a new one tso you can rule it out.
    03-28-13 03:16 PM
    I called the att store, they Don't swap batteries only the complete device

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 03:25 PM
    hmm, the rep at the att store I bought my Z10 from swapped my battery with a new one yesterday.
    03-28-13 03:29 PM
    Was it a larger store? The rep said they don't stock batteries for the z10

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 03:37 PM
    same problem with my device - hot and battery running out fast

i have no apps running in background and i'm now trying to change the email push & retrieve settings thinking that this may be the cause

not happy with battery usage at all with this device - and i've had it for 1 week now
    03-28-13 05:24 PM
    Make sure you have no updates in app world and clear your cookies. Also reduce brightness to about 40%. Make sure nfc, blue tooth and anything else that you are not using off. Also use a holster or leather pouch that has those magnets. And don't use lte. Drop one below lte which is just as fast. Hope these things help.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:24 PM
    Wording is very important. When you say overheating you mean it gets hot to the point it shuts off and is unusable? That's overheating. Heat is heat, how much heat is what matters. When there's too much it overheats, like a car does when the radiator goes.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:53 PM
    Do you guys have eBay installed? It was draining my battery just having it installed and not running.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:24 PM
    I just had my Blackberry Z10 got hot and discharge quickly last night. I wasn't even using it or running apps. I happened to pick it out of the holster to see if I'd gotten any messages and it felt quite hot. I had fully charged it earlier in the day and had over 75% battery left when I had checked it an hour or so before. When I checked it again in an hour it was completely dead. Must have a Boeing 787 problem.
    04-21-13 04:56 PM
    I'm having same problem, its a joke I'm charging up to six times a day. I've followed all the tips. Only apps i have in active frame are calender, browser, weather and battery lover pro. I have OS version 10.0.10.690. I really love the phone. I'm gonna buy the Q10. It also started to heat up at one stage was 40 degrees. I don't play games on my phone.
    04-29-13 03:24 PM
    My phone suffered the same problem but was fixed by a os reset. Do not restore though or you will simply restore the problem. This phone went from all day to 5 hours overnight. I ended up buying two battery bundles to get through a day but now I last a whole day unless I use Skype a fair bit. Do some research here as there are several threads that will help you

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 07:37 PM
    Does anyne had an experience with Z10 battery overheating and not holding charge? Is it a faulty battery or the unit?
    Yes I too are having this issue, going to take it back to EE and see if they will replace it.
    05-27-13 12:02 PM
    It is the left side of the phone getting hotter. the temp as per system info app is abt 37 deg
    Also the contacts are working very slow
    Pls advice solution
    06-30-13 11:46 PM
    Same issue for me, I am on 10.1.0.273 and the phone is 5 days old

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 11:03 PM
    This was the case for me when I first got my z10 and almost dumped it die Another phone. I happy to say that heat issues don't happen nearly as often and my battery lasts longer. I attributed it to having such a powerful phone I was utilizing most of its resources because I could and not because I needed them. Cpu intensive apps and games cause this sort of behavior.

I'm glad I stuck with it. By far the best phone ive ever owned.

Zedtenbitches
    08-10-13 11:13 PM
    But there are hardly any cpu intensive apps that I am using. In fact nothing as of now and still my battery is draining rapidly and the phone is warm
    . Did you do something different or it got better over time?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 11:39 PM
    I would recommend a security wipe. I heard it on here before but didn't believe it would solve my problem. I finally gave in, backed it up and wiped it. After the restoring it, the CPU is working pretty hard indexing, but my battery has been a ton better. Still not perfect and still gets hot from time to time, but still better.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 11:43 PM
    If any of you have the ebay app installed for me that was a source of problems with my phone overheating

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 07:04 PM
    I did a factory restore, have not loaded any apps other than what is preloaded with 10.2.. Loaded only contacts through Blackberry link and email accounts last night..

Now my phone says I have no contacts, battery is down about 20% in 1 hour and phone is warm!!!!! Getting a little frustrated now..

Planning to take the unit back, hopefully its a faulty one and they will replace with a new one
    08-11-13 09:46 PM
    Try 10.2.0.1047

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 12:24 PM
    Update: I have returned the unit, Redington who handles Blackberry in India thinks the unit might be faulty. I might get a new Z10 if this is indeed a hardware defect

Back to 9320 curve and S3 for now.. You need to use one of the new generation touch screens to appreciate how good the old Blackberry's are in terms of getting your work done quickly
    08-15-13 01:52 AM
    I've done everything possible to keep the battery usage to a minimum and I've gone back in and had the battery replaced. It's still the same and dies after a few hours and off and on for no reason, even sitting in my purse, will get very hot! Hope this next trip in for a replacement while they look at it will make a difference. I love my z10 but with all that's going on with bb i'm getting a little unsure whether I made the right decision staying with them???
    09-24-13 09:00 PM
69 123