Does anyne had an experience with Z10 battery overheating and not holding charge? Is it a faulty battery or the unit?
    03-25-13 12:01 AM
    Neither, my battery worked great the first week, and now I can't use the dammed thing for longer than 4 hours. I am on the verge of placing it on my desk as a paper weight

Posted via CB10
    guozhongyan likes this.
    03-25-13 12:12 AM
    please send your z10 to me, I ll find u a beautifull (and heavier) paper weight in return.
    did you guys updated the OS btw?
    my z10 battery become hot only when I play animated games, such as beach buggy blitz.

Neither, my battery worked great the first week, and now I can't use the dammed thing for longer than 4 hours. I am on the verge of placing it on my desk as a paper weight

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:17 AM
    Does anyne had an experience with Z10 battery overheating and not holding charge? Is it a faulty battery or the unit?
    If it is the left side of the phone that is warm, that means the CPU/networking portion of the phone is working hard. They can use a lot of power if your cellular or WiFi signal strength is poor; or running CPU intensive applications, like video, GPS, games, downloading, etc.
    03-25-13 12:27 AM
    I am on the latest software. My phone also randomly gets hot. No Wifi use and no LTE powered

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:32 AM
    I am on the latest software. My phone also randomly gets hot. No Wifi use and no LTE powered
    Posted via CB10
    My guess is that you have some active frames running in the background. Or some apps installed that is constantly updating its data. Also not necessary LTE, if you have poor cellular signal, or constantly searching for signal, that will seriously use up your power. Turn off the Mobile Network in settings when you are not getting any cellular signal for a long period of time.
    03-25-13 12:39 AM
    Mine certainly has over the past few weeks so I went and bought one more battery........
    03-25-13 12:46 AM
    My wiFi is OFF, I am not sure about GPS and OS is updated. I am not running any video or games
    03-25-13 12:53 AM
    I've been having the same problem since day one.

I thought it's only me as everyone on the forum are surprisingly 'happy' with the '12-14 hour' battery life. The best period i had was 6 hours of low-moderate use.

Some people are saying whatsapp is one of the main reasons behind this battery drain and i made the switch to BB10 the day it was released, so i don't how valid is their opinion. Others mentioned 'BB Travel' as well but i don't have it installed.

I hope Blackberry pushes a new OS update pretty soon to resolve this battery issue along with some bugs.
    John Kercy likes this.
    03-25-13 12:59 AM
    I get a random gps arrow at the top with no apps open... happens mainly in the mornings.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 01:00 AM
    Download Battery Guru to track battery usage and see what is using up the battery. Certain types of usage are very battery intensive, that you might not be realizing, such as downloading apps or surfing certain sites. Just by activating Flash use in browsers uses more battery.
    lilminx and Slamdunc1 like this.
    03-25-13 01:02 AM
    Does battery guru show which app and it's usage percentage?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 01:13 AM
    Download Battery Guru to track battery usage and see what is using up the battery. Certain types of usage are very battery intensive, that you might not be realizing, such as downloading apps or surfing certain sites. Just by activating Flash use in browsers uses more battery.
    Good tip that, didn't know that.

Mike posted via CB10
    03-25-13 01:37 AM
    Does battery guru show which app and it's usage percentage?

Posted via CB10
    Not yet it doesn't.

Mike posted via CB10
    monish patel likes this.
    03-25-13 01:38 AM
    Check BlackBerry travel... earlier posts suggest there is a setting to turn off that sucks juice. Also, I've had better battery since turning off diagnostic feedback. I'm running .1W standby and between 1.0w to 1.8w during use. LTE full blast with 50% screen brightness.... I'm getting about 12-18 hrs. I have wifi and nfc off because I don't need them.