Hello everyone,
    I know there are millions of battery life related threads already. Yet I start another one, as it seems I have different expectations from my phone than majority of people.

I am using iPhone4 right now and consider dumping it for a Z10. Most of the time it just lies in my pocket or anywhere else, not doing anything. It's kind of brick, really. And since everyone is complaining about Z10's very short battery life I'd like to know how would it stand against my iPhone4, which I recharge every three or four days.

I use my phone rarely and my social life is almost nonexistent, thus I don't need 3G or wifi turned on all day or synced several email accounts. Only things I need are ocassional music player, camera, browser and some basic built-in apps. With those settings I still have 75% battery capacity by the end of a day. (Right now it shows 62% since fully charged 1 day and 5hrs ago, actively used for 3h 27min.)

How long would Z10 last? Anyone can relate to those low usage terms? Or are you BlackBerry users all businessmen with hundreds of mails coming in every minute?
    02-14-14 08:44 AM
    hard to say.. my iphone battery sucked.. by noon, after leaving at say 9am by noon it was down to 50%...with my z10.. it depends somedays i get a whole day on one charge some days i have to plug it in around 7 or 8...
    its hard to say i find mine fluctuates a bit...with out installing any apps my z10 lasted a couple of days once i started to in stall apps its up and down..

i would say with minimal usage you would probably get a good day out of it..

i really don't see what the big fuss over charging it anyway.. it charges pretty fast... my wife has a 4s which she starts work at 8 by noon she has to charge it as its almost dead...

so i don't think you would regret getting the zed... i don't love the phone..
    02-14-14 11:23 AM
    Simpler solution - get a Z30 and it is guaranteed to last longer.

Edit:
    I only have a Z10 and like it but I couldnt tell you how it would behave under your usage scenario.
    Incidentally, the mobile phone operator matters a lot as well - T-Mobile Germany is a LOT better than O2 or T-Mobile in the UK which both end up having more battery drain (I think it's data, no idea what though).

But then the Z30 is know for its good battery life.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 11:35 AM
    Thanks for the feedback, guys! You think it would survive at least two days if I use it for, say, 3 hours a day? Charging is not a big deal at all, dunno why I neglect it so much...

Z30 is not an option, it costs more than I wish to spent on a phone. Plus I love everything about z10!
    02-14-14 12:34 PM
    There's too many variables. Signal strength + antenna design can have an influence on battery life, how your accounts are setup to check for updates can influence idle battery life. Idle background apps(headless or otherwise) influence battery life. In my limited experience I'd say the iphone 4 and blackberry z10 offer similar battery life, though I've seen more battery drain bugs on the z10 than the iphone 4(though I've seen them for the iphone as well, particularly ios 7).

So uh, similar life, but definitely not guaranteed similar results.

I've never gotten more than a day on the z10, but I've gotten a day and ~6 hours on the iphone 4. On the other hand, I have more accounts setup and checking emails/twitter more than the iphone. In both instances, I lived in a poor signal area.
    02-14-14 01:46 PM
    z10 batter is not that good. that is just my honest opinion.
    02-14-14 02:12 PM
    Trust me, with the Z10 it won't just be sitting in your pocket like your iPhone!

I consider the Z10 to be a big upgrade from the iphone 4S. My battery life is 12-24 hours with minimal use, 8-12 with medium use and 7-8 with heavy use. However this is on 4G the whole time.

Get the Z10, you will love it! You can also get a battery bundle, and never worry about battery again!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    02-14-14 02:25 PM
    My 3 year old iPhone 4 will lose 1or 2% sitting undisturbed overnight. My z10 loses 10% in the same time. Apple has done an amazing job at minimizing standby power consumption with that device. BlackBerry and the z10 has a ways to go in that department.

Even so, I have no interest in going back to the iPhone 4.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 07:51 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, guys! You think it would survive at least two days if I use it for, say, 3 hours a day? Charging is not a big deal at all, dunno why I neglect it so much...

Z30 is not an option, it costs more than I wish to spent on a phone. Plus I love everything about z10!
    If the Z30 is not an option, then there is always the option of a spare battery .
    Ans as others have said and I mentioned - just the local network can make a huge difference.

On fact, standby drain is a bit weird - where it is present a lot, it is data, maybe it is the diagnostics, BUT when I was in Germany I had data for a day (100MB) and was having a hard time using that while having little drain...

I guess you need to take the plunge unless you can find someone with a Z10 where you are to obtain a first hand experience.
    Also be wary of background apps which can have a significant impact.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 05:38 AM
    My Z10 drains about 6-8% during my 7-8 hours of sleep.

During the day on minimal use from 9am I unplugged the power, I still get at least 60% by around 5pm.

Radio mode at 2G and 3G and Wifi always connected.
    02-15-14 06:01 AM
    Aweosme, thanks everyone! I will be getting a Z10 as soon as possible, whatever the battery is. With my ways of using a phone, I'm pretty sure I'll still have more than enough battery juice left by the evening.
    02-15-14 07:34 AM
    20 minutes of YouTube browsing drained 20% battery and the phone got hot

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 03:30 PM
    My spouse has about the same usage as the OP. I plugged her phone in this morning and it was still close to 70% after a day's use.
    That's with WIFI, NFC, 2 email accounts checking, facebook a couple phone calls and some texting going on. Seems good to me.
    02-22-14 07:47 AM