I am facing a weird problem on the spare battery of my Z10. It's been running on 0% for more than 3 hrs now. I had charged it through my charger bundle yesterday and when I put it on my Z10 it showed that the charge was only 20%. So I put it on the charger again but it refused to charge. Then I put it for charging overnight and then in the morning again at 20%. Yesterday it surged from 20 odd % to 100% all of a sudden. Attaching screenshots for the weirdness. Can anybody help by explaining what is happening
    Attachment 190345
    Attachment 190346

Posted via CB10
    Hmm some calibration weirdness, never seen that happening before! Have you tried to drain your spare battery until the phone actually shuts down? If not I would try that and put it to charge after being fully drained.
    I assume that it was actually fully charged but the phone falsely displayed 20% instead of 100%.
    08-07-13 04:30 AM
    Yes Planning to do the same. The battery is still running albeit the LED is flashing and irritating me. Thanks for the suggestion

Hmm some calibration weirdness, never seen that happening before! Have you tried to drain your spare battery until the phone actually shuts down? If not I would try that and put it to charge after being fully drained.
    I assume that it was actually fully charged but the phone falsely displayed 20% instead of 100%.
    08-07-13 05:30 AM
    Yes Planning to do the same. The battery is still running albeit the LED is flashing and irritating me. Thanks for the suggestion
    Yeah, just wait until it shuts itself down, to me it really seems like the phone is displaying wrong numbers.
    08-07-13 06:21 AM
    Good pointers. I had a few of them applied before reading your post and I must say I see great improvement from my battery life.
    08-07-13 06:57 AM
    After reading pages of this thread I feel you guys are overdoing this battery saving thing. I mean what is the point of saving all this battery and not using the phone to its fullest potential? Realistically the following makes sense:

1) Turn down the brightness to 40-50%
    2) Turn off lock screen gestures
    3) Turn off diagnostics
    4) Turn on NFC, BT and media sharing only when you need it. Same goes for BlackBerry Link
    5) Avoid side loading android apps. I have noticed they don't close and are quite horrible for performance and battery life.

Using these I can go from 7am to 7-8pm when I get back from work still having roughly 25-30% left.

PS: try using wifi instead of 3G when you are in an area with a poor signal

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 07:10 AM
    After reading pages of this thread I feel you guys are overdoing this battery saving thing. I mean what is the point of saving all this battery and not using the phone to its fullest potential? Realistically the following makes sense:

1) Turn down the brightness to 40-50%
    2) Turn off lock screen gestures
    3) Turn off diagnostics
    4) Turn on NFC, BT and media sharing only when you need it. Same goes for BlackBerry Link
    5) Avoid side loading android apps. I have noticed they don't close and are quite horrible for performance and battery life.

Using these I can go from 7am to 7-8pm when I get back from work still having roughly 25-30% left.

PS: try using wifi instead of 3G when you are in an area with a poor signal
    I find that not using LTE helps to conserve battery power. Realistically, LTE is unnecessary for most things, except for streaming media and, maybe, navigation. And to be honest, I've had no problems with navigation on H+.

It would be useful if BB10 had a way to set up radio profiles. For example, when the screen is dark and the phone is just traveling in my pocket, all that's happening is emails, messages, and notifications are coming. It might as well be on 2G for that. If using Slacker, BB Maps, or Songza, it should bump to LTE, if available. The point is, let the user assign different things to different radio levels, rather than leaving it on one or having to drill into settings to change it manually all the time.
    SDM7171, DJM626 and Phil Schulte like this.
    08-07-13 11:40 AM
    Yup did what you said. And now it seems to be working fine. Thanks

Yeah, just wait until it shuts itself down, to me it really seems like the phone is displaying wrong numbers.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:45 AM
    Yup did what you said. And now it seems to be working fine. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    That's great to hear! You're welcome!

Posted via CB10
    harshadpatel likes this.
    08-10-13 04:33 AM
    You guys should really give the leaked OS 10.2.0.1047 a shot, installed like a charm for me, no issues at all so far, very nice new features and the battery life is amazing!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 05:46 AM
    Can You please define "amazing" ?
    12-20-13 01:41 PM
    Can You please define "amazing" ?
    "causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing"
    12-21-13 02:42 PM
    Thanks for the tips. Hope it will help
    02-09-14 02:00 AM
62 123