How do you do that? Set up the GMAIL account via Exchange and turn off email sync, then set up the account again just for email via IMAP?
    Yes exactly set it up as Exchange unselect Email, Select Calendar, Select Contacts.
    Set it up again as IMAP Select Email, Unselect Calendar, Unselect Contacts.
    02-10-13 04:33 PM
    So I went to bed at midnight the battery was at 85% and when i got up at 11am it was at 20%. I rebooted the phone and it went to 65%. sounds like an issue with the way the OS is reading the battery life doesn't it?
    Hmm interesting...

Testing this myself. It was showing 50%. Rebooting now... It now shows... Still 50%. Oh well something to watch out for anyways.
    02-10-13 04:38 PM
    I don't want to be captain obvious, but, why don't we setup a poll?
    02-10-13 05:32 PM
    I had atrocious battery life the first 2 days. My phone was dying around 1:00 after being off charger from 7:00. I was really getting annoyed the first 2 days.

Something happened that 3rd day. It was really strange. I went from draining at a rate of 15% to draining at a rate of 5%. I can now last a day and a half instead of the 6 hours I was getting initially.

Maybe there is a break in period for the battery like everyone had been suggesting.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 07:07 PM
    i got mine 3 days ago and use it regularly and must say on par with my 9900 witch got about 10 hr or more day in day out , so im pumped getting the same from 10 times the phone
    02-10-13 07:34 PM
    I had atrocious battery life the first 2 days. My phone was dying around 1:00 after being off charger from 7:00. I was really getting annoyed the first 2 days.

Something happened that 3rd day. It was really strange. I went from draining at a rate of 15% to draining at a rate of 5%. I can now last a day and a half instead of the 6 hours I was getting initially.

Maybe there is a break in period for the battery like everyone had been suggesting.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    I had the same issue as you the first few days. My phone basically lived on the charger. I'm not sure if this is purely coincidental but yesterday, I lowered the screen brightness setting by about 10% and now all of a sudden I am getting 2x the battery life that I was getting the first few days. Like I said, it could have been purely coincidental as nothing else has changed. I took my phone off the charger this morning at 9:30a and when i checked at approx. 6p, I had about 35% battery left. This was with moderate use today. The day before my phone was dead after 4-5 hours.

Is there a way to run a battery diagnostic on BB10 (like OS7.1) to get an exact hourly drain rate?
    02-10-13 08:31 PM
    mine is on 6th day, can't pass 6 hours with location/nfc off, emails on push, and all apps updated every 4 hours. and yes the handset gets hot.
    02-10-13 08:48 PM
    I posted a few posts up but today I'm at 60% remaining on what I'd call a light day (being a Sunday) but I've still done the usual messaging, couple phone calls, played a couple games ams its been off the charger 10 hours.
    02-11-13 07:50 AM
    Waking up at 4am I need to plug it in midday. Even my S3 I would swap out batteries. I use my phones a lot for texting, lots of browsing and, bluetooth audio streaming. I did buy the extra battery that will be here next week. I use the phone a lot so no biggie here
    This is what I am more curious about, the comparison to other phones. I am using an iPhone 4 which gets' great battery life... but it's not an LTE phone. I will be upgrading to my first LTE phone in a couple of months and the battery life reports I read are concerning for most LTE phones. I am used to getting a day and a half from my iPhone 4. So am I going to have to expect to get more like 8-10 hours from any of these phones?
    02-11-13 07:56 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    mine is on 6th day, can't pass 6 hours with location/nfc off, emails on push, and all apps updated every 4 hours. and yes the handset gets hot.
    I am here in Tokyo (Rogers Z10) and have the same problem recently!! .. but it was very good a month ago when i received it and even better when the software upgrade came ... .. but the last several days . its hot and does not last more than 5 hours with no use!! ... and running the battery guru shows hot 35C, and I can't figure it out why??? .. not running any apps, wifi on , everything else off ... display at 40 percent ...
    03-16-13 02:49 AM
    I had an update to 10.0.10.90 around a week ago and the battery lasts a working day till night. Very satisfactied now. What is your OS? Get an update.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 02:52 AM
    I am here in Tokyo (Rogers Z10) and have the same problem recently!! .. but it was very good a month ago when i received it and even better when the software upgrade came ... .. but the last several days . its hot and does not last more than 5 hours with no use!! ... and running the battery guru shows hot 35C, and I can't figure it out why??? .. not running any apps, wifi on , everything else off ... display at 40 percent ...
    Im on the exact same boat. Im still under warranty though so im considering getting a new one? im not sure though i want to make sure its a glitch im going to call telus tomorrow and see whats best
    03-16-13 03:06 AM
    It is probably the worst battery life I've experienced since the iPhone 1. After 3 hours, no phone calls, just a bit of internet and browsing Blackberry World, it went from 100% to 57%, That is astoundingly terrible. For those here claiming great battery life. all I can say is it must vary from handset to handset, and that says bad quality control.
    03-31-13 09:31 AM
    It is probably the worst battery life I've experienced since the iPhone 1. After 3 hours, no phone calls, just a bit of internet and browsing Blackberry World, it went from 100% to 57%, That is astoundingly terrible. For those here claiming great battery life. all I can say is it must vary from handset to handset, and that says bad quality control.
    Have you got the update? Battery is amazing after the update, last me about 16 hours listning to music

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:44 AM
    you have an issue. Something is awry with your configuration or combination of settings/location. That is not acceptable. What device are you coming from and what did you see with it?
    03-31-13 10:02 AM
    Im on the exact same boat. Im still under warranty though so im considering getting a new one? im not sure though i want to make sure its a glitch im going to call telus tomorrow and see whats best
    Me too. Battery life was totally fine for me for the first month of owning and using this phone. But all changed last week, with no new app downloads beyond updates. Yesterday it lasted 5 hours while basically sitting unused in my pocket or the car. Battery Guru shows heavy base draw (-1W) when it's sitting doing nothing.

All this shouting about battery life being either totally fantastic or absolutely terrible isn't helpful. The battery and phone themselves are fine - it's the random software changes that are a problem and seem to be affecting everyone differently.

I know everyone wants all their apps right away (I do too) but it's like Russian roulette downloading these things when they're new, wrt to battery impacts.

Posted via CB10
    spoettel likes this.
    03-31-13 10:05 AM
    Mine has been going 4 days and still going whats so bad about that?
    Mmmmm if I were you I would double check your Z10.. It is probably a dummy phone and the battery indicator is PAINTED on the screen...
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    03-31-13 10:37 AM
    My Verizon battery life is great! ATT/TMO not so great. Yes I've tested all 3 American carriers.

Posted via CB10
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    03-31-13 10:39 AM
    I have to say that AT&T is power challenged
    03-31-13 10:44 AM
    When an app is closed is it still updating?

I know BlackBerry travel was causing some issues so I have deleted that.

Can we share some helpful battery saving ideas here on this thread? I think for me the single biggest issue is I am on a poor network in the UK (virgin) and this is killing my battery as I struggle to get full bars on 3G. (LTE not even in the picture yet) so I an a bit disappointed at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:55 AM
    Guys let's try to be a little bit more objective and "scientific" here otherwise we are not getting anywhere with this. It is already 5 pages that I see completely opposite comments.. I do not believe it is an hardware related problem (I would hope that BlackBerry has a good quality control) so he issue is somewhere buried in the software/usage.

There is no yet a "device" analyzer like the one in the previous 7.1 OS that I am aware so we would need to be accurate in posting the situation of the phone.

The biggest source of battery draining in any phone is: the radio chip and the LCD/OLED screen

I would say these are some important info that need ALWAYS to be inserted in the thread in order to finally get to some conclusions:

Connection: LTE or 4G or WiFi. I am stating the obvious but the Wifi and 4G connection are less demanding that LTE

Coverage: how many bars do you have on he phone?

OS version: with the latest release the autonomy has been greatly improved I do not know if all he people complaining about horrible battery life have done the upgrade

Number of email accounts: I have never seen a single post stating that, but obviously the power consumption is different if the phone needs to mange one or ten accounts

Type of account: IMAP seems to be less demanding than Exchange

Social Media Account: post if you are using FB, LinkedIn, Twitter and how often you have set he updates

Number and type of apps running in general active state frame

Number of days since you got the phone: BlackBerry stated that the Z10 learns reading through your emails. It can be that during he first 2-3 days the CPU is doing extra work for that..

NOW and only NOW start describing your usage (here unfortunately we cannot be really accurate..)

Hope this can help..
    I will get my Z10 tomorrow so in a couple of days I will post my findings..
    CMcRob likes this.
    03-31-13 11:19 AM
    see im getting **** battery life! lasting from 4-6 hours, with heavy/moderate/light usage, i've had my z10 about 5 days, always charge it from nearly flat to full, everythings always off and closed, screen brightness on minimum, on 2G/3G as can't get 4G, will it improve? because i'm failing to see 10+ hours of life like you guys are!
    chapa6sigma likes this.
    03-31-13 11:34 AM
    Z10 Battery Life: A++-img_00000109.png
    Unplugged on morning 7:15 went to shower then come back my battery left 99%. Wtf? Just like 5mins time.
    Alright...after this my z10 was in my pocket until 1pm...the battery left 77%. all the only apps tat running is battery guru since I unplugged. Is this apps that draining the battery? Or something else? Or this is normal? I was user of bold 9700 and torch 9800. I don't rmb the battery draining tat fast. and yes I understand this is bigger screen better this and that, but without doing anything from the morning until 1pm it used 22% of battery? worry.

Posted via CB10
    srbuhr likes this.
    04-01-13 01:15 AM
    Interesting reading all these posts about battery life on the Z10 so I thought today I would do my own test.

I unplugged it from the charger at 7am this morning after it being on there all night. During the day I have sent and received lot of sms messages, received and responded to some emails (am running 3 email addresses on the Z10), made about a dozen phone calls and received a few. Also used Whatsapp and BBM a few times, closing the app each time I was finished.

And its now 9.41pm and I still have 20% battery left. Power is at -0.22w and temp has been between 22 and 27deg C all day. So far that gives me 14 hours 41mins on this battery and says I have another 2 hours before running flat.

So overall I am happy with my battery performance.

Ned
    04-01-13 03:43 AM
    Here is my usage today. All I have done is text heavily, CB heavily and email lightly. I'm going from 5% to 10% and always drawing 1+ watts regardless of what I'm doing.

Z10 Battery Life: A++-img_00000266.png

On my other devices, specifically my 920, when they introduced an update to fix something, it sometimes broke those phones that didn't have an issue with it to begin with. Maybe that is happening here.

I've tried to put email from push to 15 minutes, tried turning off data services to see if the chip was still utilizing the LTE part even on wifi, stopped LinkedIn just for shiggles.

There are a couple people who are saying that they have stuck processes which are sending things over the Web over and over. Increasing data usage. Sometimes I think it's that. That there is a stuck process and it's just effing everything up.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:53 AM
136 ... 3456