I get about 16 hours with moderate use and I'm in a LTE and HSPA+ area most of the time.
    02-08-13 09:30 AM
    Got my Z10 from Rogers when it came out. The battery died after 3 hours. Left it to charge until 6pm. Took it off the charger & started texting,emailig, BBM & going on the internet. Around 2am i went to bed & left the phone off the charger. It was at 44%. Woke up at 9am & its still on at 28%. Around 20 emails came threw, 1 missed call & 5 text messages & 1 BBM. Also i would like to note i had WiFi on the whole time & my network settings are on as well.

In the end? Amazing battery compare it to the iPhone 5 & S3 i had. Same happened today as well. Took it off the charger at 11am & died at 12:30am.
    Nice copy/paste from another thread
    And for the record, missed calls and emails coming in while the screen is off doesn't affect battery life in any way. You guys really need to be posting some sort of useage statistic (or does the Z10 not have this?) that shows how much the phone itself is being used. This is why there is sooo much discrepancy between what people are reporting in battery life. Some people actually USE their phone, while others barely touch it.
    Chaddface likes this.
    02-08-13 09:36 AM
    Comparing battery life is always strange. All these tests where they watch a film, surf the net etc etc will never reflect how you will use the phone. For example, I had an iPhone 4 18 months ago, but I never even thought about batterry life because the first thing I did when I got home was plug it into the stereo dock to charge. It was just something I did, so to me, my phone was always charged.

Then I got an SGII and battery life became almost an obsession for me. It wasn't that the stock battery didn't seem to last less than a day, ti was because it took so f***ing long to charge the damn thing. It would take all day via USB, and 4-5 hours on the charger. It was unmanageable.

I then got an HTC Radar. I can't remember much about the battery life of this one, I think it was okay.

I went back to the SGII with an extended battery but that didn't help much and took even longer to f***ing charge. So I bought a 9360. I was bit nervous reading some of the comments on poor battery life but I absolutely love the phone because it only takes an hour to charge so even if it has run out of juice, you can get back up and running very quickly.

I think the point of my rambling post is that what matters is not how you use the phone but how it fits into your daily routine.
    krtko2000 likes this.
    02-08-13 10:01 AM
    What are the effects of apps running in the background having on battery life? I own a torch and I can immediately tell if I have an app running in the background because my battery drains faster than usual. Just curious to know how open apps in the background are effecting the Z10.

Can't wait for it to come to America
    02-08-13 10:01 AM
    @Rick, I have looked around the options in my Z10 and I don't see anything that shows battery usage. It just shows percentage in the about screen. Nothing like on Android where is hows time since last charge, screen used this much, this app used this much etc. I downloaded battery watch but that just shows percentage and a graph but very hard to read. i am going to try the system info application and will report my usage.

Does anybody know if the z10 does have a detailed analysis of what is using battery. OS7 used to have device analyzer but i see nothing of that sort.
    02-08-13 10:17 AM
    Mine was drained the first day or two I got it by say around 3pm after being off charge since 6am....granted I was playing with every single aspect of the device for the whole time as it's a new toy. Since then I get a full day, 6am, to about 11pm at night with good use no problem. I have observed the battery life seems to be gaining too.

With OS updates I believe we will see greatly improved battery performance, much like the playbook. If you run sideloaded android apps, make sure you have a task killer to ensure they are actually closed. I have found stray side-loaded android apps to be a big battery suck on my Playbook.

I also bought a second battery and charger from Crackberry for cheap for longer bigger travel days.

The battery life is extremely competitive to anything else on the market. Performance to me is essentially on par with my previous 9810.
    02-08-13 10:18 AM
    I found that my battery life improved dramatically when I decided to turn off the wake up the phone with the swipe. I now just press the button at the top and the swipe. It now seems that the battery life haw pretty much doubled.
    Using an official case with a magnet seems to have the same effect.
    02-08-13 12:21 PM
    My experience was that battery life was awful the first couple of days. I got about 6-8 hours to dead. But I've dramatically improved since then. Mostly by managing open applications.

More details here. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7954217
    02-08-13 12:38 PM
    12 hours here but today already looking to be better
    02-08-13 01:05 PM
    I get about 16 hours with moderate use and I'm in a LTE and HSPA+ area most of the time.
    I cane barely get 6 hours. Something is wrong. How many times have you charged your phone? Have you done full over night charge and full discharge to condition?

Please let me know as it will help me sort out what happened here.

Thank you
    EuroPolska00
    02-08-13 01:19 PM
    Mine has been going 4 days and still going whats so bad about that?
    4 days while sitting on the counter maybe.. I'm sorry, but NO modern smartphone lasts 4 days with any kind of useage.
    02-08-13 01:42 PM
    Funny I'm on Koodo and my Z10 is unlocked since I won it last week. I've been using hspa instead of LTE, thinking that will conserve battery.
    But all you guys on Bell and Rogers seem to do fine. Gonna try LTE on for the next few days cool.

*ALSO - mind trying this app called "system info" its like BBOS Help me screen. So you can post your battery cycles number! This will help the Dev, I've emailed him.
    I've been having trouble getting through the day with only light usage, so I downloaded System Info (and another app called Battery Charger) to try and get some battery stats and both are showing a charge cycle count of over 400! (409 and 412 respectively). Is this just a bug in both apps? Or did I end up with a defective battery?
    Qmax likes this.
    02-09-13 12:34 AM
    Battery life is next to impossible to judge. So far though Im getting through my 8 hour shift at work if Im not going crazy. Its on par with my 9900 as long as you have the screen brightness down. From what I can tell that is. Theres too many variables
    02-09-13 12:58 AM
    I like battery life, as I'm sure most sane people do. One question is what is verizon's counterpart up in canada and what are those people getting for battery life?
    02-09-13 01:28 AM
    Battery usage is always a weird thing. Everyone will have a different opinion on what they consider " moderate usage ". Some people will report amazing life, and some people will report crap life. No matter what the phone is. Sending a few texts and some browsing with a phone call here and there is considered light usage to me. I wanna know how the battery is listening to pandora for a few hours at work or streaming video. Sending hundreds of texts with alot of screen time on. That's when all battery life sucks, no matter what the phone lol.
    02-09-13 01:34 AM
    Everyone needs to be clear on one thing!

Previous BB users, will most certainly notice that something is amiss when it comes to battery life. The previous BB generations were exceptional for battery life.
    Users from other platforms (worst example being iPhone 4S)... won't really notice that much of a difference - hunting for battery juice became habitual.
    02-09-13 03:06 AM
    I wouldn't say the Z10 has an A++ battery, but it isn't as bad as some reviews make it out to seem. It lasts about as long as my 9900 battery which wasn't bad either. Realistically my phone sees heavy usage and data transferring each day, I expect to have to charge at least midway through.
    02-09-13 05:31 AM
    The reason why the battery life is so bad is because the Qualcomm chip that companies like BBRY use in their devices to achieve LTE uses more energy than 3G/H+. If you drop your device network speed down a notch taking it out of the LTE range you will see the battery life increase quite a bit. Unfortunately BBRY has not control over the design of the telecom chips.
    02-09-13 05:55 AM
    All of this "terrible battery life" nonsense is garbage.
    I'm glad the battery life is good for your Z10 but for others including myself this was/is not the case. I would take my Z10 off charge when I left the house at 7am; a handful of texts/emails and 6 hours later the battery was flat. I'm sorry if you feel if experiences like mine and other posters is "nonsense" or "garbage" but we are, like you, just relating our experiences.
    02-09-13 06:39 AM
    Battery usage is always a weird thing. Everyone will have a different opinion on what they consider " moderate usage ". Some people will report amazing life, and some people will report crap life. No matter what the phone is. Sending a few texts and some browsing with a phone call here and there is considered light usage to me. I wanna know how the battery is listening to pandora for a few hours at work or streaming video. Sending hundreds of texts with alot of screen time on. That's when all battery life sucks, no matter what the phone lol.
    Of course! This isn't rocket science...it's ridiculous anecdotal reporting from what are...apparently...very erratic people of poor judgement! LOL. We have enough tests from tech sites now to know that the battery life is midling. It isn't better than an iphone, and it isn't much worse either. It is better than the s3, but the s3 isn't much worse. Of course, personal usage may alter that SLIGHTLY. (there seem to be recurring stories about people getting particularly bad batteries, and maybe this accounts for some of the really low reported performances) In any case, the ridiculous stories of wildly improved battery life over time, or the OP's idiotic claims of double the battery life of the iphone and s3, only display just how unreliable these people are! Sorry to be so blunt, but this is just getting asinine at this point.

Oh, and OP.....RIM has pretty much openly ACKNOWLEDGED that battery life is not the best. So yeah....if you got a battery that outlasts the iphone 5 by a factor of 2, BB must have incredible quality control problems.
    Last edited by richardat; 02-09-13 at 07:48 AM.
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-09-13 07:38 AM
    H
    All of this "terrible battery life" nonsense is garbage. I wish I could have this posted on CrackBerry front page for everyone to see.

All it's saying is that different people are getting different results and its not clear cut "good" or clear cut "bad". So many factors involved ...
    02-09-13 08:22 AM
    The reason why the battery life is so bad is because the Qualcomm chip that companies like BBRY use in their devices to achieve LTE uses more energy than 3G/H+. If you drop your device network speed down a notch taking it out of the LTE range you will see the battery life increase quite a bit. Unfortunately BBRY has not control over the design of the telecom chips.
    Sucks if you bought the phone for LTE though.
    02-09-13 08:23 AM
    I've been so busy with Dev Mode converting and testing Android Apps that I haven't had it unplugged long enough to notice LOL
    02-09-13 09:07 AM
    My Z10 lasted about 15 hours today (7am to around 10pm) and that was with moderate usage: texting all day, emails, checking facebook, browsing BlackBerry World, and transferring music wirelessly via Link. I'm pretty happy with that, I have always charged my phone overnight and it looks like this will last me the entire day on moderate usage. This is on Bell network, LTE on all day.
    this is what i can get, but once i start to game its all over lol. between the screen and the CPU doing, i was playing beach buggy blitz all last night and after 4 hours off the charger i has 20% life left and my brightness is set to abotu 40% with LTE offand only wifi on
    02-09-13 09:27 AM
    Of course! This isn't rocket science...it's ridiculous anecdotal reporting from what are...apparently...very erratic people of poor judgement! LOL. We have enough tests from tech sites now to know that the battery life is midling. It isn't better than an iphone, and it isn't much worse either. It is better than the s3, but the s3 isn't much worse. Of course, personal usage may alter that SLIGHTLY. (there seem to be recurring stories about people getting particularly bad batteries, and maybe this accounts for some of the really low reported performances) In any case, the ridiculous stories of wildly improved battery life over time, or the OP's idiotic claims of double the battery life of the iphone and s3, only display just how unreliable these people are! Sorry to be so blunt, but this is just getting asinine at this point.

Oh, and OP.....RIM has pretty much openly ACKNOWLEDGED that battery life is not the best. So yeah....if you got a battery that outlasts the iphone 5 by a factor of 2, BB must have incredible quality control problems.
    If there was any way for people to actually compare data with something like "On screen" time or "Useage" time, then we might be able to get an actual feel for things. But seeing's how nothing like this has been implemented (at least no one's been able to find it) it's going to be impossible. People on XDA would also make ridiculous claims of battery life, until they posted screenshots of how their phone was being used, and it turned out it sat on a counter or in a pocket most of the time with wifi on and almost zero useage.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-09-13 10:26 AM
136 1234 ...