I have one sim that I use every few months and it is in my z10. And I keep the phone turned off. But battery is dicharging like the phone is on. If I don' charge it every few days, it discharges completely. Today I put it on charger after 7 days maybe and it was completely empty.
    Anyone else have same problem? What is discharging it?!
    10-17-20 09:38 AM
    I have one sim that I use every few months and it is in my z10. And I keep the phone turned off. But battery is dicharging like the phone is on. If I don' charge it every few days, it discharges completely. Today I put it on charger after 7 days maybe and it was completely empty.
    Anyone else have same problem? What is discharging it?!
    This is normal. There is always something running in the background. CPU usage never goes below 3%.
    10-17-20 09:43 AM
    z10 is a nice phone but that is complete crap. My 15 year old phone slower discharge the battery when off. What is normal in the fact that z10 discharges battery at same speed whether it is on or off?!?! How can it use cpu when it is off?! Wtf is it doing?!
    10-17-20 09:53 AM
    z10 is a nice phone but that is complete crap. My 15 year old phone slower discharge the battery when off. What is normal in the fact that z10 discharges battery at same speed whether it is on or off?!?! How can it use cpu when it is off?! Wtf is it doing?!
    Sorry, I misunderstood the part where you said the phone was completely shut off - I thought you meant asleep and not in use.

Hard to say what is happening, but it is a 7 year old battery after all.

In any event, it is what it is.
    10-17-20 09:59 AM
    Modern electronic devices - phones, tablets, TV, etc are never truly 'off' in the old fashioned sense that 'off' means that power is totally cut from the device. These days 'off' really means standby. What actually happens when you turn the Z10 'off' is that most of the circuitry shuts down but that which controls the power management remains active. At the very least it is constantly monitoring the power button to see if anyone has pushed it to turn the phone on, or if anyone has plugged a charger in. The current drain will be small in this mode, but present nevertheless - and eventually the battery will discharge completely, quicker if it is an old battery. The only way to stop this is to pull the battery out of the phone... which of course you can on a Z10 quite easily.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-20 04:39 PM
    I pulled off the battery. I will put it back in a few days, to check the status.
    Yesterday 04:02 PM
    I pulled off the battery. I will put it back in a few days, to check the status.
    While you're at it, check to see if the casing of the battery is starting to pillow a bit - that is, develop a slight bulge.
    Yesterday 04:14 PM
    No, battery looks ok.
    Yesterday 11:14 PM
    Few months ago I was using z10 as main phone for nearly 2 months and battery could last a full day of heavy usage.
    Yesterday 11:15 PM
    Few months ago I was using z10 as main phone for nearly 2 months and battery could last a full day of heavy usage.
    That's pretty light "heavy" usage. At its peak, I got 8-12 hours at best.
    Yesterday 11:20 PM
    That's pretty light "heavy" usage. At its peak, I got 8-12 hours at best.
    Mine never did.... but again one persons heavy usage varies from another's.

For me worst case has always been when going on vacation and I'm not around a power source. Still doing lot's of email, but also doing mapping, looking up things online and taking pictures and videos. I'd eat up my battery and two spares....

Normal day - took two batteries, with charging during my 20 minute commute to and from work.
    Stinkycat71 likes this.
    Today 07:53 AM