Day three of my z10 and I love it but.... I charged the battery to full each evening then turn it off so she is 100% for the next day. But when I have
    Gone to turn on the z10 the next am, it's dead? I have to then plug it in to get enough power to turn it on then have to charge it all over again. This has happened each day. I spoke to telus and they have a record of a few similar issues being recorded. I was told to do a factory reset or bring it in and have the phone replaced.
    02-09-13 01:10 PM
    my battery drained over night - i had just charged it to 100% - left it over night from midnight to 8am - dead...i may try a reset as well...
    02-09-13 03:29 PM
    I had a similar problem as well. I wanted to cycle the battery the first few times, and before bed the first night I still had 50% battery from a full day (was impressed). I left the phone in standby mode overnight, and no messages or emails came in throughout the night. I was expecting a 10-15% decrease when I woke up, but after 7 hrs of sleep I woke up to a dead phone.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 05:03 PM
    Before plugging your phone in to charge I might suggest that you turn the device off. Plug it in and let it charge overnight. This will produce a FULL charge of the device. Been doing this since day 2 and am getting 17 to 18 hour days out of the phone with 30-45% battery remaining when I shut it down for the day to recharge.
    02-09-13 05:09 PM
    I'm going to try that this evening.

May be possible i have a defective battery.
    02-09-13 05:16 PM
    For myself I have had 100% when I put it into bedside mode in its holster, and seven or eight hours later when my alarm goes off, it's been draining down to about 40%.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 05:29 PM
    I can tell you the reason for the battery drain, well certainly why it's happened to my phone (and the 2 replacements I had because I thought the phone was faulty). It's because the 'Data Services' option is set to on. For some reason, this will drain the battery within 5-6 hours regardless of whether you're using the phone or not.
    If you set if off the battery is fine.
    Although what is the point of a Blackberry if you can't access emails / BBM as and when they are sent.
    GjDub and Shura#CB like this.
    02-10-13 12:07 PM
    I am finding that the Z10 sometimes appears to be off, but there is a high battery drain for some reason. This is after it is turned off by holding power button for 1, 2, 3. If I leave the phone on with light use the battery will last well over 24 hours, if I turn off the phone the battery is sometimes dead in less than 8 hours, other times it does appear to be truly off and there is no battery drain. I would like to understand why it sometimes appears off, but really isn't. I suspect it is hanging on shut down and not fully turning off at times, or as Alex stated above are there processes running such as 'Data Services' when the phone appears to be turned off? For now I have decided to keep the phone on all the time except I am charging it to avoid this issue.
    02-16-13 07:45 AM
    I'm now on my second Z10 thanks to the nice folks at Bell. I fully charged the new phone at 7pm by 11:50pm I had the red battery icon. I love this phone but I'm getting a little worried a 5 hour battery is absolutely no good to me. I've been with Blackberry for over 6 years through thick and thin but now I'm a little worried. All of my friends who have the black Z10 report no problems. I know I'm probably grasping at straws now.... like a colour would make a difference... but I'm getting desperate. I chose to stay with BB vs going with a Galaxy note II, now I'm second guessing. I really want this to work, but a solution to turn of data to preserve your battery is unconscionable... that's why we buy smart phones...!?!?!? I'm now wiping the new phone and NOT hooking it up to BB Link and reloading the old programs. I'm thinking that an app might be killing the battery. I will install email and Apps one at a time one day at a time until I can figure out what the source of this problem is... if not.. I will get a Galaxy and come back to BB when they have it figured out.
    02-25-13 11:20 PM
    I have now changed my Data Services to connecting via MAPI to Outlook.com rather than SMTP to my email servers. The result is that the phone now lasts 12-15 hour. It also has the advantage of syncing emails, calendar and contacts with Outlook on my laptop.
    Still not sure what causes the original problem and I'm sure that BB must have tested this, but the workaround works fine and in some cases better than before.
    Check other forums for syncing Outlook with Z10 for instructions on setup.
    02-27-13 04:11 PM
    Try having your phone connect to Wifi while you can. I used to wake up to partially drained batteries because I left the phone to use 4G. Looks like it taxes the battery way too much when it has to pull data from the cellular network. Wifi on the other hand seems to be an art that blackberry has perfected.

Just my .02 and experience with the Z10

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 04:45 PM
    This happened to me last night. My battery was at maybe 80% and I did a full power off. This morning, the phone wouldn't turn on. Turns out the battery was dead!

Must be a software glitch as nothing should be running when powered off.
    03-05-13 07:20 AM
    I can tell you the reason for the battery drain, well certainly why it's happened to my phone (and the 2 replacements I had because I thought the phone was faulty). It's because the 'Data Services' option is set to on. For some reason, this will drain the battery within 5-6 hours regardless of whether you're using the phone or not.
    If you set if off the battery is fine.
    Although what is the point of a Blackberry if you can't access emails / BBM as and when they are sent.
    Hi, I can confirm this workaround solves the problem.
    03-11-13 02:28 AM
    I have the same issue. After receiving the phone I charged it over night about 7 hours. It lasted nearly 2.5 days with medium usage. Then I charged it again for about four hours. After this period it showed that it was nearly full. But it latest only 7 hours + night. While I was asleep it lost more than 70%. But I had air plane mode enabled with wifi on. Strange.
    Maybe after four hours of charging the phone wasn't fully charged as it showed?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 02:55 AM
    I noticed something strange too. I charged fully to 100%, turned it off to remove the battery and replace my sim card. When i turned on the device the battery was down to 95%. Ever since I pulled my battery (when device of off) I am seeing decrease in my battery's performance.
    03-11-13 04:44 AM
    i,ve had this problem since the latest os update, this morning after charging my battery for 1.30 hrs it only increased 16%. before charging i noticed it lost 3% in 3 min. from 39 to 36%.i turned off the wifi and am trying to charge but it is taking way too long as compared to before the upgrade. i opened the back to take out the battery and reboot just in case and a screw fell out.ishouldn,t be telling u this i own a boatload of bb stock.i,m going to delete all the apps i aquired after the upgrade and see .god help me and my beloved portfolio.
    Mbuso Xulu likes this.
    03-11-13 09:00 AM
    Me too. Installed a 5MB update last night, charged phone 100% and this morning my battery drained completely in 2 hours - doing nothing. I had to take it out to my car and plug it in.
    03-11-13 10:09 AM
    Hi my z10 has been working fine after the update and battery life improved, however since friday march 15 i stopped receiving emails from my bell.net account (hotmail) and now every morning my Z10 is dead. No battery charge. Can this be linked? I'm in the process of resolving the email issue. Is there any other work around other then turning off Data?
    03-18-13 07:21 AM
    Did u use the computer to charge us phone or the native bb charger? Because the last time I connected my bb to my cpu to charge and forgot to release the phone when I shut down the com, the next day my bb battery was dead.

Apparently, the computer has sucked all the power from the phone. Even though I have shut it down.

Also, I mentioned a solution regarding a longer battery life for your z10 somewhere in this post (search for my reply in page 1):

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=781434
    03-18-13 07:34 AM
    Yes i do plug it into my computer regularly to update it and i do use the native charger that came with the phone. I will try to plug it back in to my computer and release properly tonight.

Thanks
    03-18-13 08:09 AM
    Has any one noticed, Bed side mode drains a lot of battery?!! I dont understand why? Is it still running, syncing data in the background while on bedside mode?
    03-18-13 10:34 AM
    I have just bought a z10 with Fido. I have not activated th sim card yet. I have set the network to WiFi only. I have not used the unit other than to adjust all display and network settings to optimize battery. I charged the battery to 100% this morning and let the unit sit idle. After 12hours, the battery is at 35%. In documentation on the Blackberry site, it states 310 standby hours and 10 hours of talking. From what I am experiencing and from what I am reading, those numbers seem totally inaccurate!! I will charge the battery a few more times, and unless my battery life improves, this Z10 is going back to Fido. I am using my Curve to write this. Love this phone, but after just 14months, the scroll wheel gets stuck. Maybe it's time for me to switch to a Samsung.
    03-19-13 09:17 PM
    I just posted on another thread about the battery. I'm constantly getting 12 hrs of battery now with normal business use.. I turned off LTE unless I'm surfing, turned down screen brightness and turned off a feature that unlocks with the screen swipe. I still swipe up but I press the button on the top first. Makes a huge difference.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 09:50 PM
    I have just bought a z10 with Fido. I have not activated th sim card yet. I have set the network to WiFi only. I have not used the unit other than to adjust all display and network settings to optimize battery. I charged the battery to 100% this morning and let the unit sit idle. After 12hours, the battery is at 35%. In documentation on the Blackberry site, it states 310 standby hours and 10 hours of talking. From what I am experiencing and from what I am reading, those numbers seem totally inaccurate!! I will charge the battery a few more times, and unless my battery life improves, this Z10 is going back to Fido. I am using my Curve to write this. Love this phone, but after just 14months, the scroll wheel gets stuck. Maybe it's time for me to switch to a Samsung.
    I get way over a week when it's on WiFi only. You probably left the mobile radio on so it tries to lock to a network constantly. Getting 10 hours is incredible!

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    03-19-13 10:33 PM
    Battery life is not that bad. After 2 weeks I am getting 58 hrs!! still 15% juice left on 3G - moderate usage. It is getting better once you start using it.
    03-20-13 08:41 AM
30 12