My battery drains from fully charged, taking it off charge at 22;30 and is flat at 05;30 the next morning. That is 7 hours of standby. When I asked BlackBerry Customer Support about this their reply was
    (copy of wording from their e-mail)
    Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

The battery life that you're describing is not out of the ordinary, keep in mind that the processing power and network speed is far greater than any BlackBerry before it.

If you need your BlackBerry fully charged for the morning, I would definitely recommend leaving it plugged in over night. Once the BlackBerry is fully charged it shuts off the power to the battery and will just run it off the wall charger.

If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Well I can only say if that is the way one must use the NEW Z10 then guess I must look at buying some other brand
    Will be sad to leave BlackBerry as I have used them for a few years now and have always defended the brand
    I suffered badly when my Z10's battery drained in a matter of just few hours, so I feel your pain. But...

Wouldn't it be quite natural to charge your phone overnight - most of the nights, at least? Because one needs their phone fully charged for the day, when they are out and about, right?

In this light, BlackBerry CS' recommendation doesn't sound too surprising to me - i.e. they wouldn't expect too many users to charge their phones throughout the day, and unplug the charger late in the evening, would they?

STL100-2 10.1.0.2354
    07-03-13 07:18 AM
    I noticed a strange thing. Overnight I left my Z10 in sleep mode. But in the morning at 6:00 instead of black color, my sleep mode screen is completely white. Is this means that sleep mode follows night and day situation? In the night is black and in the morning is white. White colur drains battery as mad.
    07-04-13 05:02 AM
    I noticed a strange thing. Overnight I left my Z10 in sleep mode. But in the morning at 6:00 instead of black color, my sleep mode screen is completely white. Is this means that sleep mode follows night and day situation? In the night is black and in the morning is white. White colur drains battery as mad.
    Your alarm wasn't going off by any chance was it? Maybe with the volume turned down.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 05:14 AM
    Just some suggestions here:
    - if you use caldav / carddav maybe you can just switch the sync of them to manual to avoid extreme random heat up. I've experienced that and i turned them to manual, now my phone even though it still heats up sometimes but it isn't that hot, just a bit warm (max 32 C - before it could reach 38-39)

- if you have push IMAP emails, i suggest you to just choose between the PUSH or the SYNC time

- switch ALL BBM connection to OFF. Do that from the app permissions in Settings

I'm also running the. 2354 official for STL-2.

Sent from my CB10. Powered by Z10.
    So what temp is considered too hot for a battery and what should the normal temp be at, I have the Z10
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:44 AM
    I've got battery drain totally in 6 hours using 10.0, then upgraded to 10.1.0.4543 leaked version, setting my gmail cal sync period to 2 hours n contact sync to 24 hours.

Now, yesterday i got 12 hours and today 15 hours with 5 percent left. Moderate use. This is considered amazing already for me. I simply cant believe how people can get up to 48 hours.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 11:23 AM
    I would just security wipe x 2 or 3 times then reload the firmware.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 11:25 AM
    I've updates the z10 to the 10.1.0.2312 os version. No battery issues at all. The point is that I didn't notice any upgraded features, functionality or performance...so, what's the point?
    zk

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 03:20 PM
57 123