first of all i want to stress how much i love my Z10. unfortunately i used it for two days with a CASEMATE barely there case which left a small dent on the phone besides that i have a problem with the battery door. when holding the phone and pressing between the volume rocker and the camera it makes a weird cracking sound. tried putting the door off and on again but that did not help. does anyone have a similar problem (sound) or has a tip?
    03-16-13 03:50 PM
    Yes, I'm having similar problems but not from the casemate, or maybe it is.

Mine creaks and it's annoying as ****, I think the only way out of this is to purchase a new cover!? For the meanwhile I stuffed 4 tiny pieces of tissue in each clip of the phone. It helped but definitely not the solution I was looking for.

Oh how I wish my battery door cover was as tight as my brothers (dead) Galaxy S3.

Where did the casemate barely there leave a dent?

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    03-16-13 03:55 PM
    My battery door feels SLIGHTLY lose when pressing on it at the bottom left and right corner. It's not noticeable day to day but if asked for imperfection, it does not sit perfectly tight there. But it's removable. And I can exchange the battery below it. So that's ok for me.
    03-16-13 03:57 PM
    good point. i just wanted to know if you have a similar problem. still a little p***** because of the dent the casemate left on the phone. will try the poetic atmosphere in the coming days BUT the phone is most beautiful without a case.
    03-16-13 04:00 PM
    "Yes, I'm having similar problems but not from the casemate, or maybe it is.
    Mine creaks and it's annoying as ****, I think the only way out of this is to purchase a new cover!? For the meanwhile I stuffed 4 tiny pieces of tissue in each clip of the phone. It helped but definitely not the solution I was looking for"

I have the same annoying creak with the bottom left corner of the battery cover. It started as a small issue, but with time has really started to ***** me off.
    I really want to use this phone as a daily driver, but not with this back cover croaking every time I pick the phone up!
    I will try the tissue trick on the door seen on this thread. I fear a new door is the only solution, if they ever come to market with a reasonable price tag.
    Not really the quality fit and finish we have all come to expect from BBRY
    03-22-13 11:44 AM
    Hi Team!

I strongly dislike creaks in phones. It is annoying. Always seems to occur.

With the Z10, I noticed my battery door at the very top of the phone frame, by the lock button, made a creaky noise between my index finger and thumb when holding the handset in landscape. I removed and put back the door several times, but it still made the creaking / cracking noise when ever I handled the phone in landscape mode.

How I fixed it:
    After analyzing the battery doors tiny clips and hinges used to click it onto the phone, at the very top of the battery door, there are some subtle notches, that will begin to creak after a few battery door removals. I fixed it by cutting a post it note and sticking it onto the inside of the battery door, right up flush to the very edge (but without being visible at all) and now it's solid as a rock, with zero creaks. Easy fix.

I'm SO happy I fixed it because it was driving me nuts for like two days.

Hope that helps.

As for the other little noise from the auto focus magnets, I've had that on many phones. I can handle that, I actually like that noise for some reason. Weird. Peace.
    04-20-13 11:30 PM
    As started to notice mine after a few battery swaps. I like the idea of the post it notes, hopefully it works for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 12:18 AM
    I doesn't seem right that you should have to stick a post it note inside the battery door to stop a squeak on the Z10. I know that happened with some previous BB's.
    04-21-13 01:05 AM
    Report his to BB so they are aware as well. Maybe they can put some thought into different construction for future models.
    04-21-13 01:07 AM
    I used an alternate method to fix my creaks. My friends battery cover creaked on mine, and not on his. My cover did not creak on his, so basically it was from the body of my phone and here's how I fixed it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-cover-793907/

Now my cover really snaps into place and does not budge even half a mm. Better yet, I'm no longer hesitant to pop my battery cover off in fear that it will loosen up over time because it's on there really tight. Rock solid.
    04-21-13 02:56 AM