Actually batter life is very good if you turn off LTE. Thanks to the advice of some other posters, I tried turning my LTE to HSPA+ (3G+) and the batter life has literally doubled. Try it! Go to settings > mobile connection > select hspa+
    02-14-13 12:33 PM
    Thanks for being wrong yet again.

The phone charges to full and shut off the charge. It was at 92% when I TOOK IT OFF THE CHARGER.

It had been discharging for hours before that as my battery graph showed.

Keep trolling though, the flaws in your logic are quite amusing. I have some theories about why you act as such but none of them are really flattering.

Stop wasting the bandwidth on the site with your frivolous agenda, you're doing it a great disservice my friend.
    02-14-13 12:39 PM
    Not for every body but this works for Me. For starters I just ordered the extra battery bundle 1 for Me 1 for my girl And LOVE My Slacker Radio It`s on all day Now they just released the slacker app for z10 So previously I discovered that my old torch would still play my cached music even thou it`s my old phone it will still play`s music all day for me leaving my z10 for other business also My battery life improved after a few days of usage & some tips I`ve got from my Crackberry team mates Many Thanks to all.
    02-14-13 01:52 PM
    Thanks for being wrong yet again.

The phone charges to full and shut off the charge. It was at 92% when I TOOK IT OFF THE CHARGER.

It had been discharging for hours before that as my battery graph showed.

Keep trolling though, the flaws in your logic are quite amusing. I have some theories about why you act as such but none of them are really flattering.

Stop wasting the bandwidth on the site with your frivolous agenda, you're doing it a great disservice my friend.
    Your "It was at 92% when I TOOK IT OFF THE CHARGER" presumably refer to your post on 02-12-2013, 01:42 PM:
    I drained it to 8% and charged it to 100% on the dot, and unplugged it that night. Went to bed.
    Woke up on day 2 and it was at 92% after idling 8 hours... not bad. By 1pm I had serious concerns, with VERY mild use it was at 60%.
    Your post referenced above from Tuesday Feb 12 has, of course, absolutely nothing to do with your blatant lie as clearly indicated from your back to back posts on Wednesday Feb 13. I would call your attempts to mislead a red herring, but that would give your random flailing to dodge the truth too much credit.

Again, full posts this time so there can be no squirming out by you this time:

Yesterday (02-13-13), 03:13 PM
    Currently 3:15 PM, phone has been off charge since 8:10 again.

7 Hours off charge and I'm at 84%.

Made some phone calls, updated apps on app world, surfed the internet a bit, text and BBM.
    Same settings as the day before.
    That placebo effect really is a terrible thing, isn't it?

Yesterday (02-13-13), 10:16 PM
    *sigh*
    Still clinging to being a hopeless as*hole I see.
    Oh well, I hope you enjoyed typing a bunch of trite and unfounded garbage that I didn't read!

19 hours use today and 28% left!

I'm so sad I ruined my battery... pity.
    Hopefully CB deals swiftly with uppity little trolls!
    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Lets do the math now.
    Time between your posts:
    3:13pm to 10:16pm = 7 hours and 3 minutes

Your purported run time over that 7 hour and 3 minute period:
    ( 3:13pm) "7 Hours off charge and I'm at 84%"
    (10:16pm) "19 hours use today and 28% left!"
    I make that as an additional 12 hours.

Please explain how you used your phone for 12 hours during a 7 hour and 3 minute period.

You are lying. Your repeated posts on 'conditioning' are completely invalidated as you have been clearly shown as a liar on this issue. Your claims of exceptional Z10 battery life must be similarly ignored.

Your continued pathetic attempts to avoid admitting this speak volumes to your character as well. I would leave this issue, as liars on the Internet are very common. There is no way I can change that tide. I am persisting for the sake of posters like singh60, who responded to one of your bogus posts ("7 Hours off charge and I'm at 84%") as follows:
    "Wow! That's awesome battery life!! I'm down to 55% off charger at 7am...wifi on and 4G"
    02-14-13 02:16 PM
    I'm confused about the battery life. Many say ist very good 12h+ and some tell it wont last at least 6h. I don't expect wonders, i own a bb9700 and iphone 4s and thinking about buying a z 10, but it should last 12-14 h with moderate use.
    02-14-13 03:26 PM
    Everyone will experience different battery times. Also everyone's opinion on what is considered moderate varies. Hence whey everyone will experience varied results. Also everyone needs to remember that battery life is also very dependent on the signal strength. So keep an eye on that too.

bluetroll likes this.
    02-14-13 03:43 PM
    I think i'll give it a try when it comes to germany. I'm totally excited about bb10. !
    02-14-13 04:11 PM
    Your "It was at 92% when I TOOK IT OFF THE CHARGER" presumably refer to your post on 02-12-2013, 01:42 PM:

Your post referenced above from Tuesday Feb 12 has, of course, absolutely nothing to do with your blatant lie as clearly indicated from your back to back posts on Wednesday Feb 13. I would call your attempts to mislead a red herring, but that would give your random flailing to dodge the truth too much credit.

Again, full posts this time so there can be no squirming out by you this time:

Yesterday (02-13-13), 03:13 PM

Yesterday (02-13-13), 10:16 PM

Lets do the math now.
    Time between your posts:
    3:13pm to 10:16pm = 7 hours and 3 minutes

Your purported run time over that 7 hour and 3 minute period:
    ( 3:13pm) "7 Hours off charge and I'm at 84%"
    (10:16pm) "19 hours use today and 28% left!"
    I make that as an additional 12 hours.

Please explain how you used your phone for 12 hours during a 7 hour and 3 minute period.

You are lying. Your repeated posts on 'conditioning' are completely invalidated as you have been clearly shown as a liar on this issue. Your claims of exceptional Z10 battery life must be similarly ignored.

Your continued pathetic attempts to avoid admitting this speak volumes to your character as well. I would leave this issue, as liars on the Internet are very common. There is no way I can change that tide. I am persisting for the sake of posters like singh60, who responded to one of your bogus posts ("7 Hours off charge and I'm at 84%") as follows:
    "Wow! That's awesome battery life!! I'm down to 55% off charger at 7am...wifi on and 4G"
    I've read this whole thread today, it looks like most of the users touting long battery life are either trolls or disgruntled crackberry users trying to confuse the masses.
    My general advise is to completely ignore and skip long battery life posts, and stick to reading the realistic ones.
    02-14-13 07:26 PM
    I am what I consider a 'light' user. LTE off, wifi a few hours a day, maybe 20 minutes of phone a day, a few dozen emails and texts/day. I do have my display at 100% due to poor eyesight.

A couple of days ago I forgot to charge my Z10 overnight...I also forgot to turn it off: this was after a day's use.. The next morning battery level was only 25%, but it lasted to about 2 in the afternoon before the low battery started flashing.

The phone doesn't last as long as my 9860 did, but it isn't that bad, and it still lasts longer than my wife's S3 does.
    02-14-13 07:58 PM
    Update...

I might be on to something, at least in my case. Sideloaded apps may be the culprit. I noticed a few hundred images in Pictures that were Twitter avatars and cached photos. They were in one of the buried Android folders used by Plume (a sideloaded Twitter client). Although I would close the app after use, set on manual refresh, each time I did open it would result in some form of file usage and storage that possibly ended up with the BB10 system indexing it, etc. I deleted Plume, full charged, and have lost only 10% over the past three hours, compared to the 65% lost previously. No other changes made.

So, if your battery life is as bad as mine was, check what sideloaded apps you have. Kindle, Breaking News, and Google Reader Pro seem safe, so it really might have just been that one app overly using up resources, or triggering resources to burn though the battery.
    Last edited by blackraven; 02-15-13 at 03:05 PM.
    02-15-13 02:33 PM
    I am what I consider a 'light' user. LTE off, wifi a few hours a day, maybe 20 minutes of phone a day, a few dozen emails and texts/day. I do have my display at 100% due to poor eyesight.
    Just a tip, but if your device is able to connect to a wifi network then you will actually tend to use less battery than if you switched it off since it is a better option for your data than your mobile connection.

The phone doesn't last as long as my 9860 did, but it isn't that bad, and it still lasts longer than my wife's S3 does.
    To be honest, it would not at all surprise me if after things have settled down we are going to see most reports coming out as it lasts a bit longer or a bit less than device x, y or z because that will have clearly been BB's target with this device where they had to be competitive in thickness with their competitors once you take into account the ~1mm additional thickness from a removable battery.
    02-15-13 03:10 PM
    I'm 11+ hours as I post this. I'm quite happy with that. 8 hours was about all I got from my 9780.

02-15-13 03:59 PM
    When i am at home, i use wifi and it lasts me about 24 hours before i have to charge.
    02-15-13 04:04 PM
    Have used for 2 days. The battery's been bad so far. Hopefully it will improve as you guys said
    02-15-13 04:12 PM
    My thoughts on battery life is that the first couple of hours/days/reboots/whatever - a lot of syncing is being done. A LOT.
    I saw the very same phenomenon on the PlayBook 2 update, where all the facebook and twitter data had to be synced first, and quite possibly a lot of indexing of files, optimizations of filesystem and whatnot. Being based of the same platform, I'm more than sure that's the case with BB10 as well.

Once all data has been synced and only small additional synchronizations are required battery life will improve.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-15-13 04:40 PM
    I've had my z10 for 9 days now, and the battery at first was terrible (I'm with rogers, if that matters). Couldn't even make it through an 8 hour work day. Obviously some of that had to do with more than normal use as I was getting comfortable with the new os compared to my 9700 and also showing almost everybody I know the time shift feature on the camera.
    Today I have finally had a decent battery life day. I took it off charge from an over night charge at around 6:15 am EST and headed to work. Through the 8 hours, I downloaded a couple apps, played some games, messaged a lot, browsed a bit and made about 10 minutes worth of phone calls. After work I used my phone at the gym to listen to music and watch some of a movie for about an hour or so. Back home now at 6:30pm and I'm just over 50% left.

What I did differently today:
    -Changed the background to a mostly black picture
    -Turned off LTE, and any other connection not in use (bluetooth, wifi, nfc)
    -All notifications set to silent
    -Dim the display all the way down

If I can get this type of battery life everyday, I'll be happy. I can live with those few modifications, it didn't interrupt my day at all. Love the phone.
    rasmadrak and RubberChicken76 like this.
    02-15-13 05:37 PM
    145 am...phone has been off charge since 810 As always... that's 17.5 hours and I'm posting from the c rack berry app with 28% left. Not A bad placebo effect .

Feel free to check the timestamp if you're an anal troll that likes it I'm the derrire from muscular men. Then shove it. Tata!

02-16-13 12:50 AM
    My phone has been off charge since 4pm yesterday and it is now 8:15 am sat Feb 16th and battery was at 25% when I woke up about 15min ago.

That's 16hrs I was using phone a lot yesterday, YouTube, music, browsing on wifi, I have wifi on all day, I used mobile Internet for YouTube for about 15min only, I talked on phone here and there.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-16-13 07:22 AM
    145 am...phone has been off charge since 810 As always... that's 17.5 hours and I'm posting from the c rack berry app with 28% left. Not A bad placebo effect .

Feel free to check the timestamp if you're an anal troll that likes it I'm the derrire from muscular men. Then shove it. Tata!

Ummm..what timestamp? When you posted this? Thanks, but even screenshots don't mean jack without some kind of useage indicator.
    02-16-13 08:20 AM
    My phone has been off charge since 4pm yesterday and it is now 8:15 am sat Feb 16th and battery was at 25% when I woke up about 15min ago.

That's 16hrs I was using phone a lot yesterday, YouTube, music, browsing on wifi, I have wifi on all day, I used mobile Internet for YouTube for about 15min only, I talked on phone here and there.
    That's 16hrs, but i've got to assume at least 6 hours of that was sleeping (and wifi on all day helps battery life for those that don't realize it)..
    Phone's laying idle on the counter, or in a pocket, or on your nightstand while you sleep don't give other people any proper indication of battery life. If the battery lasts you a normal day, then great, but posting about useless figures with no real actual proof of anything doesn't do anyone any good.
    02-16-13 08:24 AM
    I'm 11+ hours as I post this. I'm quite happy with that. 8 hours was about all I got from my 9780.
    Really?
    I am not a BB veteran (I have been an iPhone user and still am with iPhone 5, but with a daily driver 9900) but I started out with a BB (9700) a couple years ago, liked it, and immediately bought a 9780 when it came out. I now have a 9900 and a 9790.
    But of all BB's I had, I lament the loss of 9780. To me, that was the best BB I had and the battery life was phenomenal, which I believe is an accepted opinion here.
    I actually wish 9780 with its battery and charging points with the guts replaced with the 9790's.
    I believe something is wrong with your 9780 if it lasts only 8 hours. But again, it depends on many things...
    I am closely following the Z10/Q10 threads.
    02-16-13 08:34 AM
    I've had my z10 for 9 days now, and the battery at first was terrible (I'm with rogers, if that matters). Couldn't even make it through an 8 hour work day. Obviously some of that had to do with more than normal use as I was getting comfortable with the new os compared to my 9700 and also showing almost everybody I know the time shift feature on the camera.
    Today I have finally had a decent battery life day. I took it off charge from an over night charge at around 6:15 am EST and headed to work. Through the 8 hours, I downloaded a couple apps, played some games, messaged a lot, browsed a bit and made about 10 minutes worth of phone calls. After work I used my phone at the gym to listen to music and watch some of a movie for about an hour or so. Back home now at 6:30pm and I'm just over 50% left.

What I did differently today:
    -Changed the background to a mostly black picture
    -Turned off LTE, and any other connection not in use (bluetooth, wifi, nfc)
    -All notifications set to silent
    -Dim the display all the way down

If I can get this type of battery life everyday, I'll be happy. I can live with those few modifications, it didn't interrupt my day at all. Love the phone.
    Don't bother with the black background on an LCD display like the Z10. This doesn't help battery life and is actually slightly worse (see the Scientific American article I have linked below) than using a light background. This "black is better" meme is, like the bogus li-ion 'conditioning' ritual (memory effect is a characteristic of nicad batteries that were once used in portable phones, not the present li-ion batteries), an artifact from older technology. In this case, the older technology is CRT.

Fact or Fiction?: Black Is Better than White for Energy-Efficient Screens: Scientific American
    "CRT monitors, which until a few years ago were the predominant models among PC users, consume more power when a computer screen is white"
    "This is not the case, however, with LCD monitors, which have no phosphors and represent the lion's share of every new monitored purchased in the developed world, including those used by laptops. Instead, LCD displays rely on an array of thin-tube fluorescent bulbs that provide a constant source of light to create a white screen. To make it black, LCDs rely on a diffuser to block this light. As a result, LCDs use more energy than CRTs to display a black screen. Measuring a 17-inch (43-centimeter) LCD monitor, Schindler found that white required 22.6 watts, while black came in a tad higher at 23.2 watts. With a 20-inch (50.8-centimeter) LCD, black required 6 percent more energy than white."

The major factor in your improved battery life is likely the fact that you, "Dim the display all the way down". Power for the display is an extremely significant factor. Is coping with a very dim display worth it to achieve reasonable battery life? It's a personal choice, but one that most would be unwilling to accept. Good brightness levels significantly enhance the usability of smartphones.

The fact that you are willing to keep LTE, Bluetooth, wifi, NFC off and only toggle them on when needed also has a very significant effect on battery life. The question for Z10 users comes down to whether they are willing to micromanage their phones in such a way. I think that is an unreasonable expectation. There is also the fact that access to data in the background is increasingly important. Routinely switching off data cripples the functionality of a smartphone in many ways.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-16-13 01:40 PM
    Thanks for once again raising the level of discourse on this site.

I suppose the fact that you are not banned yet does serve one important purpose. You are quantifying the minimum acceptable level of behaviour necessary to be a member of this community.
    Last edited by red stripe; 02-16-13 at 02:10 PM.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-16-13 01:51 PM
    That's 16hrs, but i've got to assume at least 6 hours of that was sleeping (and wifi on all day helps battery life for those that don't realize it)..
    Phone's laying idle on the counter, or in a pocket, or on your nightstand while you sleep don't give other people any proper indication of battery life. If the battery lasts you a normal day, then great, but posting about useless figures with no real actual proof of anything doesn't do anyone any good.
    I do believe i stated before that some of those hrs are sleep hours in another post i made, but it is still battery life, fo instance if i use the phone i would get around 12hrs or more depends on the day and how long i am a wake for as at times i am up till 3-4am and only get about 3-5hrs sleep.
    02-16-13 05:30 PM
    I use the Playbooks Charger cause it only takes about 1 1/2-2 hrs to charge it from 20% and/or 10%.
    02-16-13 05:31 PM
307 ... 89101112 ...