mine just dead after 6 hours (6 emails push, lots of phone calls) at work (wifi on 3G on ) and i let it died before charging..from now on i uninstall all apps, including twitter, so its just work emails bbm and browser. are we still in beta like the first time playbook came out?????
    02-12-13 12:00 AM
    Any L-ion battery takes a number of discharge/full charge cycles to reach optimum performance. But after a week or so you should be getting more than 6 hrs of average use. Take it back.

BTW OP, a little overly dramatic thread title don't you think?
    bbfan1040 and tfmartin like this.
    02-12-13 12:57 AM
    i bought mine in indonesia on 6th feb, an unlocked unit from canada/uk, so can't take it back, and it costs me US$1500
    02-12-13 01:56 AM
    I agree.. i'm using the z10 here on Vodafone India network with 3G (HSDPA) always on and it last me from 8am till 4pm at best.
    Right now, i've run through 2 full charge cycles only, but this is bad, my iphone 5 had better battery life than this.

Maybe i should wait till a few more battery charge cycles.
    As of now, i like the phone & its flow of things, but the battery life sucks !
    Try a couple of battery pulls/reboots as well.
    02-12-13 02:08 AM
    No, this is a disaster
    Z10 Battery Is a Disaster!-first-world-problem_o_120117.jpg
    02-12-13 02:27 AM
    I know some of you guys are die hard blackberry fans, but I'm personally having a hard time accepting this "oh you get used to it" or "just turn features off".

This is a conversation I had with my brother when he had the Galaxy Nexus. He raved about how intuitive, advanced, and powerful his phone was, which stacked up very nice on paper, but
    reality was that he had to turn off LTE, 3G, GPS, WiFi, NFC, Screen brightness, email push/fetch intervals just to make it through half a day.

He often made excuses that he uses the phone a lot, or he didn't charge it all the way or whatever, but reality to me was that he didn't see that he was just putting up with it for the sake of being a big Android fan.

He had to enable GPS whenever he wanted to use maps or weather. He had to manually turn wifi on and off, LTE? never used it with the excuse that we lived in a poor coverage area (10 miles from new york city) When ever he wanted to show me something on the screen, I had to wait for him to turn the brightness up so that I can see anything. with his phone usually dead by 6PM if he didn't charge it again at noon, he started to only use it sparingly to conserve the life. I'm sorry, but that is not intuitive, nor practical. It's foolish to accept that. He seems to have solve his issue by switching to a SG3....

Don't take this is a troll or hater post, but instead as a "hey don't put up with any B.S from your phone company." because believe me many smart phones can make it through the day.

Like many I'm hoping for Q10 to have most of the issues/apps concerns worked out by launch in the U.S.
    I'm hearing that after a day or two it's fine. They probably just saying that turn it off for a day or two at the beginning so you don't make it jump off a buildings. ;P
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-12-13 02:34 AM
    Power user here...and the battery is a dream coming from a galaxy S3.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 02:57 AM
    Power user here...and the battery is a dream coming from a galaxy S3.

If thats the case Id suggest you didnt know how to set the s3 up.
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-12-13 03:53 AM
    No, this is a disaster
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First-World-Problem_o_120117.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	135451
    The 1st world problem, meme/paradigm is a bunch of bs. 1st of all what is first and third world? Secondly, so because you pay for something you shouldn't expect it to work properly?

Thirdly, many in the '1st world' are laying down their lives harder than anyone in the third world for the revolution.

BB and any other communication device is a catalyst for change, and a needed tool for most if not all people esp. in a 'modern' urban setting.

So no, this is just a 'problem'. It's about merit, f the who privlege vs who bs because all that is designed to do is to keep you from doing what's right.

For example, food for people that's right. Idc about the 'white man privelge' cuz 'his woman' .

Or other stuff.

This is your first world problem:
    http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/B...Chamkaur_Sahib

Armies are a lot smaller today, how are you and your kin going to deal with that?

I can pull up 48 right now..
    cckgz4 likes this.
    02-12-13 04:26 AM
    Hey OP I've had mine since the Jan 30th.

*turn off "Allow gestures when locked" feature* I'm telling you. ;p

It will be found tapping the display section in settings.

Just do it. For me this is pretty bad bug. Should be welcome change.

JohnnyWalla likes this.
    02-12-13 04:31 AM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    there's about xxx threads on this topic.. did it warrant another thread?
    Masahiro likes this.
    02-12-13 04:33 AM
    CRITICAL charge using the plug that came with the Z10 and not a USB or other charging cable. Made all the difference for me.
    Djlatino likes this.
    02-12-13 04:35 AM
    your listening to media heavily and leaving everything on such as bluetooth, nfc, wifi etc?
    02-12-13 06:18 AM
    Question.
    Some people are saying "take it back, its a dud". Can just replace the battery instead of whole phone?
    The phone works great, batterry not so great. I am trying all the above mentioned steps. I even had a good chat with Telus technical support today.
    He pretty much said up what you guys have said.
    02-12-13 06:39 AM
    Question.
    Some people are saying "take it back, its a dud". Can just replace the battery instead of whole phone?
    The phone works great, batterry not so great. I am trying all the above mentioned steps. I even had a good chat with Telus technical support today.
    He pretty much said up what you guys have said.
    You could buy a backup battery.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-12-13 06:43 AM
    the battery is awful!!! So bad that I have asked my phone rep to take the phone back and replace it with an iphone, the phone has died consistently by 1pm everyday from being on charge over night with not much usage. I really wanted to like the Z10 and the BB 10 platform but its a failure. I am so disappointed. I have had all my work collegues taking the mickey out of me for days regarding the issues I have over the phone. the emails would not work, the contacts did not transfer, only after I found someone suggest bluetooth did I get my contacts sorted. Its got some good features but it doesn't work properly.
    02-12-13 06:59 AM
    Bro, suer ente gile bener... Bisa beli 2 biji tuh dlm 3bln lagi...lol

Dude, you're absolutely one crazy fella!!! lol

i bought mine in indonesia on 6th feb, an unlocked unit from canada/uk, so can't take it back, and it costs me US$1500
    02-12-13 07:06 AM
    Turn of LTE, Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi when you're not using it
    ^ this
    02-12-13 07:29 AM
    the battery is awful!!! So bad that I have asked my phone rep to take the phone back and replace it with an iphone, the phone has died consistently by 1pm everyday from being on charge over night with not much usage. I really wanted to like the Z10 and the BB 10 platform but its a failure. I am so disappointed. I have had all my work collegues taking the mickey out of me for days regarding the issues I have over the phone. the emails would not work, the contacts did not transfer, only after I found someone suggest bluetooth did I get my contacts sorted. Its got some good features but it doesn't work properly.
    Nothing works properly if you don't know how to work it. I'll bet you �1,000 it DOES work. A poor workman always blames his tools etc etc
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-12-13 07:31 AM
    In Indonesia, even plain jane 3G is stability challenge from my last visit there just a month ago. Battery on my Torch that could usually last a day without a problem here in the states went down FAST there due to yo-yo signal. I would suggest a good portable battery bank and/or spare battery to bring along. Only very basic 2G or worse feature phones can survive there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-12-13 07:43 AM
    I really wish someone would create a good power use analysis app for BlackBerry 10. These competing threads of "The battery is a disaster" vs "No it's not - you're a fool! I have great battery life" are disorienting.

There are clearly such a varying mix of experiences with battery on Z10 that a firmer diagnosis of what causes good/bad battery life on the thing is really needed.
    02-12-13 07:46 AM
    Battery life for me is better than my 9900 and about on par with my 9790. In other words, I can easily get a full working day's worth of use out of my Z10. Sorry I don't have time to read through all the posts as I'm already late for work but have you tried closing some of the active tiles? When I first got my phone I had all 8 running just because I could. I now only run 2 or 3 at any one time, that's really all I need and I noticed a big improvement in battery life, going up from about 10 hours to a full working day and beyond.
    02-12-13 07:59 AM
    Welcome to the world of super phones. Dual core or higher CPU's and LTE = lousy battery life either carry extra battery with you if your a heavy user or charge at every opportunity. With my 9810 was lucky to get ten hours use before charging my Z10 gives me eight so over all not to bad considering the tech upgrade.

02-12-13 08:36 AM
    I just found out I cannot turn off LTE on mine which sucks. I did a complete wipe, completely drained it till it died, charged it up and left it sitting on table last night. Woke up this morning and it was at 95% after about 6 hours which good. I will leave it sitting there not setup all day and check the status when I get home today. After that I'll start adding apps and monitor battery use.

I must remember to try turning off the allowing swipe when locked feature as well. Will fool with it for the rest of the week then decide whether it is as pathetic as it seems initially or not. My 9930 lasts almost 2 days on a charge with normal use. I'm willing to accept 1 full day of normal use on a full touchscreen BB, nothing else.
    02-12-13 08:48 AM
    If thats the case Id suggest you didnt know how to set the s3 up.
    if you mean putting a custom ROM/Kernel.. not everyone wants to root their phones!

the S3 battery life was not BAD but it's definitely not as good as my Z10.
    02-12-13 08:51 AM
307 ... 23456 ...