I just got myself the charger bundle and was searching for videos in YouTube to understand the dos and don'ts while using this accessory. Unfortunately there aren't many videos on this topic. I request the forum users to provide their feedback in this regard.

Keep Moving with my Z10.
    Last edited by bkarthik_bk; 06-28-14 at 05:20 AM.
    06-26-14 12:22 PM
    What do you want to know ? You can use it to charge a spare battery, which you can swap with the one you have in the phone, or use it to top of your phone with the battery still in the charger via the USB cable attached. You can also charge both bundle and phone at the same time.
    06-26-14 12:25 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. I wanted to know if the battery life of the spare would get damaged if you leave it unused in the case for a long time, lets say a week or so. Should I be removing it out of the case or just leave it in there.

Keep Moving with my Z10.
    06-26-14 12:29 PM
    You can leave it in the case for protection but it shouldn't hurt it either way.
    bkarthik_bk likes this.
    06-26-14 12:31 PM
    And when I try to simultaneously charge both the batteries using my Z10 it keeps prompting me to use the company issued charger for a faster charge. I was wondering if there would be any damage caused to the device itself by simultaneously charging both batteries.

Keep Moving with my Z10.
    Last edited by bkarthik_bk; 06-28-14 at 05:21 AM.
    06-26-14 12:32 PM
    You can leave it in the case for protection but it shouldn't hurt it either way.
    Thanks for the tip. Appreciate it.

Keep Moving with my Z10.
    06-26-14 12:34 PM
    Z10's battery sucks

Sent via CrackBerry
    06-26-14 12:56 PM
    Z10's battery sucks

Sent via CrackBerry
    I did not create this thread to seek opinions from people on Z10's battery life. I don't have a problem with that or the phone itself. So I would appreciate it if you don't deviate from the original topic and keep your personal opinions to yourself.

Keep Moving with my Z10.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    06-26-14 01:02 PM
    I always leave it in the case. Most times it's still plugged in too. At home on my night stand or at work into the USB on my computer. That way when I need the swap, it's 100%. I used to charge the phone with the bundle, but it only added 60%. Battery swap also keeps my phone cord free.

Posted via CB10
    bkarthik_bk likes this.
    06-26-14 01:07 PM
    I always leave it in the case. Most times it's still plugged in too. At home on my night stand or at work into the USB on my computer. That way when I need the swap, it's 100%. I used to charge the phone with the bundle, but it only added 60%. Battery swap also keeps my phone cord free.

Posted via CB10
    Makes sense. Thanks for your inputs. Much appreciated.

Keep Moving with my Z10.
    06-26-14 01:12 PM
    I leave mine plugged in all the time. At night I plug the phone into it. If I know I'm going to need it (golfing) I'll just bring the whole thing along and plug it into the phone when needed.
    I've found with just leaving it unplugged and in it's case, it'll be dead in a few days.. which is why I just keep it plugged in on a constant charge.
    bkarthik_bk likes this.
    06-26-14 01:24 PM
    If you're done charging it I'd take it out of the case! It slowly decharges if you leave it in the case!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    06-26-14 01:40 PM
    You might want to edit your first message/picture and obscure your email address. Although in a picture it might still not be something you want to share.
    bkarthik_bk likes this.
    06-26-14 01:46 PM
    Use it as you like and be happy.

I have the bundle myself and enjoyed it... unfortunately I started using the Z30... never looked back.

Posted via CB10
    bkarthik_bk likes this.
    06-26-14 01:51 PM
    If you're done charging it I'd take it out of the case! It slowly decharges if you leave it in the case!
    Interesting. I'll make a note of that for when charging isn't going to be available.
    06-27-14 01:54 PM

It must be snail-like slow. I bought one for mu trip next week. Charged it fully when I received it. It's been sitting, untouched, in the case, for over a week now and still shows the green light when I check it. Supposed to be 75-100% on green.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.2039
    06-27-14 04:21 PM
    It must be snail-like slow. I bought one for mu trip next week. Charged it fully when I received it. It's been sitting, untouched, in the case, for over a week now and still shows the green light when I check it. Supposed to be 75-100% on green.

Put it in and check it!

06-27-14 04:32 PM

True... I don't know if it decharges anyway.
    I got a 2nd battery for my Q10 and now I alternate the two!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Last edited by anischab; 06-28-14 at 12:44 AM.
    06-27-14 04:35 PM
    You might want to edit your first message/picture and obscure your email address. Although in a picture it might still not be something you want to share.
    I think you should delete the pictures already.

bkarthik_bk likes this.
    06-27-14 04:38 PM
    I'll third, or whatever, the "going dead when not used" - happens with mine as well, in a matter of days. To be honest I never use the thing. I've charged it fully maybe 3 times? I bought it with the idea if I was going on a long trip or thought I'd be away from a source I could plug into, I'd carry it along. So far haven't needed it but I'm somewhat obsessive about keeping the phone itself charged up anyway. Not regretting the purchase; I'm sure I'll need it some day...I just hope I remember to charge it ahead of time.

Richard
    bkarthik_bk likes this.
    06-27-14 04:47 PM
    Put it in and check it!

Well, I could do that, except I have no intention of swapping batteries. I intend to use it just in case my original battery won't make it all day. I'm not a heavy user and will mainly be taking pictures. Will not be around an outlet to keep it charged as I usually do during the day. I'll just plug in the bundle, wrap a rubber band or something around it and carry on. I have not had any problems with my original battery so I'm not inclined to start swapping now.

bkarthik_bk likes this.
    06-27-14 05:26 PM
    If you've bought an original bundle, simply double the lives of your batteries: swap them regularily, work with each from 100% (or better said full charge, coz phone loses calibration rate and might show 98% or so) down to 20% and swap when the battery sign is yellow.
    Thus, you make use of it and feel better ;-)

bkarthik_bk likes this.
    06-28-14 12:48 AM
    If you've bought an original bundle, simply double the lives of your batteries: swap them regularily, work with each from 100% (or better said full charge, coz phone loses calibration rate and might show 98% or so) down to 20% and swap when the battery sign is yellow.
    Thus, you make use of it and feel better ;-)

Yep! That's the way to do it! I even work with with 3 batteries and swap them regularly!

I always carry at least one spare battery with me to make fun of iPhone users, that come to every party with their charging cable!

06-28-14 03:50 AM
    I have removed the attached thumbnails to my OP. Thank you guys for your inputs. Much appreciated
    FF22 likes this.
    06-28-14 05:15 AM