Hello all, first time so plz go easy on me lol

I have a Z10 that has started to act funny, so i decided to restore it to factory defaults.

Thing is, i backed up the entire phone, and, i was wondering does bbm chats (and history) gets restored as well ?

Reason is, i dont want this to be lost, as i have some chats that has important data regarding my work (hence, the question).

I have tried searching in the forums for an answer but no luck.

cheers !
    AMS
    05-19-13 10:01 AM
    Good question, I'm not sure. If it's super important take a screen shot of the data you want to save and email it to yourself before restoring.

Screen shot is taken by pushing the volume up and down buttons simultaneously, saves a picture to your phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 10:03 AM
    hi Stu, and thanks for your reply !

Thing is, one of the funny aspects my phone is experiencing, is the volume rockers no longer functions (it works during a call though).

My guess is that i need to restore the whole phone clean to achieve normal operation once again, but i need to know what happens to chat histories...thats what worries me ALOT.
    05-19-13 10:05 AM
    In my recent disaster with backups/restore I've had a lot of issues with things happening that were not expected.

I wonder if you can call BlackBerry directly and ask them?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 11:14 AM
    I managed to restore my BBM chats on my Z10 from the Application Data in Blackberry Link backup.
    Not sure what else got restored along with it.
    05-20-13 04:25 AM
    I have upgraded to OS 10.1 Beta and after restoring the backup my chats are still shown on bbm. So, the answer is yes. Cheers!
    05-21-13 01:17 PM
    The answer is yes. Recently made a restore from backup because I have upgraded my z10 to 10.1 and chats are there.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 01:21 PM