Hi folks,

I've been getting this error message from BlackBerry Link about Backup Complete with Errors since the last time I updated the blackberry link which was in February to the latest version. The version before this didn't do it, now every time I try to back up it completes with errors and due to this I can't install a new OS on my phone. I even uninstalled the software from my pc and re-installed it to see if the problem is fixed.

Any suggestion?
    04-08-14 10:10 AM
    Hopefully someone can help you with the BBLink issue, but I've dumped Link now. I found it too hit and miss as to whether it would back up (and restore, if needed) correctly.

I now drag/drop my media files on my micro SD to my desktop to back them up, and use the Fire Chest app to back up contacts, reminders etc. Works really well.

By the way, what OS are you trying to install? Can you not just do it OTA on wifi?
    04-08-14 10:21 AM
    Hopefully someone can help you with the BBLink issue, but I've dumped Link now. I found it too hit and miss as to whether it would back up (and restore, if needed) correctly.

I now drag/drop my media files on my micro SD to my desktop to back them up, and use the Fire Chest app to back up contacts, reminders etc. Works really well.

By the way, what OS are you trying to install? Can you not just do it OTA on wifi?
    Agree. Link still needs to find the missing one.
    Stwutter likes this.
    04-08-14 10:25 AM
    Agree. Link still needs to find the missing one.
    I see what you did there...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-08-14 10:26 AM

I've been trying to Backup the phone so I can install any latest leak that might present. SInce the last update of Link it has been giving me the same error message when it's done backing up
    04-08-14 10:29 AM
    I've been trying to Backup the phone so I can install any latest leak that might present. SInce the last update of Link it has been giving me the same error message when it's done backing up
    Could be a corrupt file on your phone or link. You could try to uninstall link again. Run ccleaner, look it up, after that see if link left any folders behind and delete them and reboot and try again.
    04-08-14 10:32 AM
    Could be a corrupt file on your phone or link. You could try to uninstall link again. Run ccleaner, look it up, after that see if link left any folders behind and delete them and reboot and try again.
    Personally, I don't 'do' leaks now, but I did install numerous ones on my Z10, and I'm convinced (with no real authority) that BbLink wasn't fond of my Z10 from that date (altho' I'd had issues pre-leaks also).

Go ahead and try what kbz1960 suggested, and hopefully that will work for you, but I do suggest you go down the back-up route I mentioned above. Once you've backed-up you files by dragging and dropping/copy and pasting on your PC, you can use Fire Chest to back up everything else whenever you like. Takes 2 minutes. You can then leak-away until you're done!
    kbz1960 and Jbernardoo like this.
    04-08-14 10:39 AM
    Alright! Will give this a try thanks
    04-08-14 11:54 AM