After a week of trying everything, I called my service provider - BELL MOBILITY - who are great. They immediatelyl put me through to BLACKBERRY SUPPORT and they worked with me to get my phone problem resolved. The reason why the BB10 will not back-up properly is due to corrupt software being transferred from your old device. I sent BB my old backup - they REPAIRED the files and sent back and presto - all up and working and PERFECT. The customer service at Blackberry was astounding and I am SO impressed. Give them a call and they can help! It's worth it! Once the phones are running properly they are great and you won't be sorry you upgraded :-)

You will have to do a security wipe on your phone so don't put in too much data that you will have to redo.

PS This is also the reason the transfer of your old BB doesn't work properly - corrupt data.
    02-13-13 10:46 PM
    After a week of trying everything, I called my service provider - BELL MOBILITY - who are great. They immediatelyl put me through to BLACKBERRY SUPPORT and they worked with me to get my phone problem resolved. The reason why the BB10 will not back-up properly is due to corrupt software being transferred from your old device. I sent BB my old backup - they REPAIRED the files and sent back and presto - all up and working and PERFECT. The customer service at Blackberry was astounding and I am SO impressed. Give them a call and they can help! It's worth it! Once the phones are running properly they are great and you won't be sorry you upgraded :-)

You will have to do a security wipe on your phone so don't put in too much data that you will have to redo.

PS This is also the reason the transfer of your old BB doesn't work properly - corrupt data.
    This is great news! Also, this is what I suggested in other threads but with the addition of the option to have have malfunctioning data repaired by BlackBerry support. Kudos on this discovery.

PS: Welcome to CrackBerry Forums!
    02-13-13 11:04 PM
    This is great news! Also, this is what I suggested in other threads but with the addition of the option to have have malfunctioning data repaired by BlackBerry support. Kudos on this discovery.

PS: Welcome to CrackBerry Forums!
    I have the same issue, must be the Playbook and/or Desktop Manager as I've never owned a BB before, had iPhones. I have sent my log files etc... and Blackberry Support sent it up to the dev team. Good to know that it was resolved quickly. Thanks!
    02-15-13 09:21 AM
    May I ask what phone number did you call? If anybody hasn't noticed, finding a support phone # to call on the Blackberry web site is an excersise in futility. Why is it so F***G hard to get phone support? By comparrison, Apple makes it dead easy to get phone support.
    02-25-13 10:12 PM
    I have had my Z10 for a couple of weeks now and I still have been unable to do a back up via the BBLink ! Has anyone being able just plug/sync their Z10 in and perform a back up like back in the day of Desk top manager ? thanks
    02-26-13 03:07 AM

May I ask what phone number did you call? If anybody hasn't noticed, finding a support phone # to call on the Blackberry web site is an excersise in futility. Why is it so F***G hard to get phone support? By comparrison, Apple makes it dead easy to get phone support.
    OP provided the underlined information. Bell actually does the calling for you and hooks you up. You don't need to call.
    02-26-13 03:10 AM
    I found my backup issues were an app data problem. Specifically, in my case, world of goo. Uninstall all the apps that aren't core apps and then backup....backup with each new app you install and see which app you get to that suddenly causes a problem. Then you'll know which one it is. Easier
    ps4rh likes this.
    02-26-13 03:24 AM
    I did a straight set up from scratch so no previous BBOS issues. Works well, even with MacOS.
    02-26-13 03:52 AM
    OP provided the underlined information. Bell actually does the calling for you and hooks you up. You don't need to call.
    Ok DAY1000, thanks for that. I hope Telus hooks me up but still... didn't have to go through Telus to get support for may Apple phone.
    02-28-13 12:28 AM
    FORGET BB SUPPORT. I WAITED A WEEK FOR A REPLY AND NEVER GOT ONE!

BUT I FIGURED IT OUT: BB LINK BACKUP FIX!!!

---

Ok, guys i've been at this for a week none stop.

I got it to work - but I used my Mac to do so.

Here's what you do:

1) plug your phone into your mac with all networks on... Start BB Link.

2) Go to settings and in storage toggle the USB Mass Drive option to 'on'.

3) Go to Settings and Blackberry Protect and turn that off.

4) Now turn off all of your networks. Cell, wireless and bluetooth

5) Turn off the internet to your computer. Yup, this is the problem... your computer is patching into your BB ID but your phone is not so they're not communicating - once both are 'mute' they communicate just fine to get a backup!

6) Turn your phone off. NOT restart - OFF. Wait 3 minutes.

7) Turn phone back on.

8) BB Link will connect to phone. Try to backup. It may fail once or twice - but by the third time it should work!

9) Once you get the backup done - security wipe and start over!

10) Restore from backup on your Mac!
    03-02-13 10:10 PM
    Hate to be "That" person but I have severe backup issues and I started with a clean device. Only pulled down contacts from Gmail. I'm convinced that sideloading was my issue. Particularly a bad side loaded though functional app.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 11:18 PM
    IMPORTANT!!!!

I don't know if this will solve everyones problems, but I found a thread in the Blackberry Forums in which a person deleted the 'PC Recipe Box' App and after that the backup ran smoothly. Just did it myself and it worked! So, if you have that app, just delete it and proceed to backup. Might be another app preventing you from backing up, but that one for sure is a problem.

Also in the same thread, the people who were pushed the new software had no futher back up issues. So hopefully our headaches will soon be over.

Back up did not complete :-( - Page 3 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Good luck!
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    03-04-13 09:07 AM
    Good deal. The N4BB app gave me backup issues too.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 07:51 PM
    I can confirm this: I just went through a bunch of testing and, yes, World of Goo blocks my being able to back up my Z10.

ETA: Contacted the developer of World of Goo and apparently the BBLink people are aware of the issue and are working on it.
    Last edited by ps4rh; 03-06-13 at 02:46 PM. Reason: further clarification/update
    03-06-13 02:30 PM
    I had the same problem what I did was updated my os to the latest one out os 10.0.10.690 (os 10.0.10.90) and now blackberry link works back ups work fine

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 05:50 PM
    Last software update fixed the backup problems for me. I removed many downloaded free apps, including the ones mentioned on this thread but nothing made a difference until the software release 10.0.10.85.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:11 PM
    Can someone tell me what data is backed up using link

03-15-13 07:35 AM
    App Data (game saves, local contacts, etc), Media (pics, music, etc saved on the device itself) & Settings.....this is what/how Link works currently.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 07:43 AM
    IMPORTANT!!!!

I don't know if this will solve everyones problems, but I found a thread in the Blackberry Forums in which a person deleted the 'PC Recipe Box' App and after that the backup ran smoothly. Just did it myself and it worked! So, if you have that app, just delete it and proceed to backup. Might be another app preventing you from backing up, but that one for sure is a problem.

Also in the same thread, the people who were pushed the new software had no futher back up issues. So hopefully our headaches will soon be over.

Back up did not complete :-( - Page 3 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Good luck!
    Removing 'PC Recipe Box' App definitely solved the problem for me. I hope BlackBerry find a fix for this problem in an upcoming update.
    03-31-13 04:22 PM
    Thanks to those who have mentioned certain apps are blocking your ability to backup. I have also noticed I have something in there as well messing up the works.

Under General in Blackberry link I have checked off "Select data to include in your backup files"
    I then unchecked "Application Data" and checked "Media", "Settings", "Application Data (Enterprise)", "Media (Enterprise)" and "Settings (Enterprise)".

Everything continues to backup now and I am at 42%. I have around 5GB of media I want saved so it's just taking its time.

Just thought I might mention the select option incase you were looking for a way to tell if you have the corrupted application backup issue.
    04-02-13 01:40 PM
    PC Recipe Box was the culprit.

Thanks BB_Ooo
    04-10-13 06:32 PM
    Me too. PC Recipe Box screws up my backup.

I delete PC Recipe Box and Link connects.

Via my Z10
    04-11-13 09:52 AM
    I was having backup troubles. It would show up in link but 'backup' and 'restore' were not selectable options. After reading this forum I dumped all of my apps, and low and behold, it worked like a charm.... sadly I don't know which app was the culprit. I did not have the PC app or the N4
    04-18-13 08:44 PM
    I have been having backup problems again.. but now it was not only from certain apps preventing backup: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ack-up-782675/

But this time because my computer was low in free space :| so i just deleted files and folders from my pc, and the backup went smoothly.
    05-16-13 06:23 AM