so not sure how many cb'ers are from the caribbean but just putting out the word the Z10 is available from small dealers in trindad. Prices range from $7000.00 ttd(usd$1086) to $5500 ttd(usd$854). The carriers are gonna get them sometime in june so if u can wait these are ur options. ive seen both the white and black available.

retailer price(ttd)
    pga cellular $6000
    bagalito elec $5500
    Dr. Berry $7000
    lets talk cellular $6400
    NdBlu14 likes this.
    03-09-13 10:42 PM
    so not sure how many cb'ers are from the caribbean but just putting out the word the Z10 is available from small dealers in trindad. Prices range from $7000.00 ttd(usd$1086) to $5500 ttd(usd$854). The carriers are gonna get them sometime in june so if u can wait these are ur options. ive seen both the white and black available.retailer price(ttd)pga cellular $6000bagalito elec $5500Dr. Berry $7000lets talk cellular $6400
    The word is - that both TSTT and Digicel will be getting the devices in April... so not many more weeks to go. What remains to be seen, is which devices it will be; I bet STL100-1, since there are no LTE networks....
    03-09-13 11:13 PM
    Nice to see it reach

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:02 AM
    The word is - that both TSTT and Digicel will be getting the devices in April... so not many more weeks to go. What remains to be seen, is which devices it will be; I bet STL100-1, since there are no LTE networks....
    Yeah, i've been wondering the same thing! but i saw the box of one of the devices and it was the STL 100-3 (So that's good news at least). With regards to the carrier --> that'll be interesting as there isn't true 4G down there. Also...I popped in a Digicel sim in my Z10 (you wouldn't believe the amount of trouble there is to get an actual micro sim without having to cut the standard mini sim) and i only got "e" Edge. Even if i switched to HSPA+/UMTS it would say no service. Anyway, TSTT gives me the "4G" so i'm happy about that.
    Last edited by Cap_172R; 03-10-13 at 01:55 AM. Reason: typo
    03-10-13 12:29 AM
    april would be great. and well yea wont make sense with the lack of lte here. they need to hurry my current bb heard its gonna be replaced so is skrewing with my life.

p.s. great to find other trinis here or trini linked ppl
    03-10-13 04:26 PM
    Yeah, April for the latest i'd say... They definitely need to get proper training for the reps there as well...many are misinformed about the Z10 and its abilities. Customer experience in the stores were simply horrible.

On another note: it doesn't seem to amaze me where you'd find other Trinis though ...goodstuff. I hope the Carriers don't get the STL100-1 units. Alot of people travel and this would be disappointing to say the least (just my opinion)
    03-10-13 04:53 PM
    I'm using an unlocked Z10 (bought in Canada) on the bmobile network . I get 4G connections and the speeds are actually really good!

posted via the CB app on my Z10
    03-11-13 05:04 AM
    I'm using an unlocked Z10 (bought in Canada) on the bmobile network . I get 4G connections and the speeds are actually really good!

Yeah, i'm getting 4G on Bmobile too! did you try to use their android plans to activate the data or are you using their BB service?
    03-15-13 10:16 PM
    No u had a bberry before so I just cut my sim card and slip it in

03-16-13 08:32 PM
    i have a STL100-1 with a bmobile sim and no 4G access...

sigh (called bmobiles hotlines countless times but no help)
    03-16-13 09:53 PM
    i have a STL100-1 with a bmobile sim and no 4G access...

sigh (called bmobiles hotlines countless times but no help)
    STL100-1 isn't LTE capable
    03-17-13 12:17 AM
    No u had a bberry before so I just cut my sim card and slip it in

Oh, i see...I'll try activating it on their non-BB plans and see how it works (try popping in a sim from some buddies that are using iOS/Android).
    03-17-13 12:21 AM
    Hope it comes soon on Digicel! If it comes on Digicel in Jamaica it probably will be available on Digicel here in Curacao not much after!
    03-17-13 12:40 AM
    Hope it comes soon on Digicel! If it comes on Digicel in Jamaica it probably will be available on Digicel here in Curacao not much after!
    yeah, let's hope they don't get that STL100-1 version... for the price they are going to charge you, let's hope it's the -2/3 version (in the event users travel abroad they can atleast experience LTE!)
    eldricho likes this.
    03-17-13 12:46 AM
    Trini Blackberrys

Spread the word. Most of my trini bbm contacts went to iphone. Give em a reason to come back.
    03-17-13 01:36 AM
    digicel is now supporting it. i have my digicel 4g plan up in my z10 and it works great
    03-17-13 09:18 AM
    April is confirmed by good sources in TSTT...just a little longer and the wait will be over
    03-17-13 09:56 AM
    digicel is now supporting it. i have my digicel 4g plan up in my z10 and it works great
    Good news! Which version of the Z10 do you have?
    03-17-13 03:21 PM
    Update: My device now says 4G on the digicel network (I had to call in and get some updated info on the sim)

I decided to try the sim in my Note to see if it would still say "E" as it did on the Z10. To my surprise it did, and I even tried activating a 4G data plan on the note and it still said 'E'. The rep then told me they'd update the info for the sim card as this sometimes happens and to restart the note and see what happens. After the restart it was fine got H+ on the note!! Tried the sim in the Z10, said 4g finally, but didn't get data --> had to change the APN settings on the Z10 and it works perfectly now on the Z10.
    03-17-13 09:08 PM
    i got my hands on a stl100-2 .... 4g doesn't work / edge doesnt work....

not sure what to do again as the reps in bmobile are worthless
    and i'm unable to change the APN
    Last edited by tr1ad; 03-18-13 at 10:34 AM.
    03-18-13 09:52 AM
    i got my hands on a stl100-2 .... 4g doesn't work / edge doesnt work....

not sure what to do again as the reps in bmobile are worthless
    and i'm unable to change the APN
    Hmm, that's weird. most times the inability to change the APN was using for instance a Canadian carrier's sim and accessing another network via that network APN (e.g. "roam").

With the sim card in, what does it say on the device? I had a similar issue with Digicel, the problem happened to be the sim card itself. IF you cut the sim, that could be the issue (digicel was the only carrier where i got an actual micro sim), try a digicel sim card or another Bmobile sim in the device.
    03-18-13 05:43 PM
    Boolchands in Curaco have the Z10, saw it advertised in one of the local papers. Don't know what version though.
    03-18-13 05:49 PM
    Hmm, that's weird. most times the inability to change the APN was using for instance a Canadian carrier's sim and accessing another network via that network APN (e.g. "roam").

With the sim card in, what does it say on the device? I had a similar issue with Digicel, the problem happened to be the sim card itself. IF you cut the sim, that could be the issue (digicel was the only carrier where i got an actual micro sim), try a digicel sim card or another Bmobile sim in the device.

i actually get the bmobile screen on startup and shutdown, it also shows TSTT under the signal meter when the screen has to wake up
    i just cant change the APN at all
    calling into the help desk going into the outlet is of no help
    i've tried regular data plan, bis unlimited and 4g enabled sims but nothing
    03-18-13 05:57 PM
    i actually get the bmobile screen on startup and shutdown, it also shows TSTT under the signal meter when the screen has to wake up
    i just cant change the APN at all
    calling into the help desk going into the outlet is of no help
    i've tried regular data plan, bis unlimited and 4g enabled sims but nothing
    So i'm guess it says "gsm" or "g"? On putting a sim (digicel or bmobile) in my Z10, it went to 4g straight away..

You can refer to this thread (first post) which says the bands each device version supports http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post8026034 (i am not sure the frequency bmobile operates on anymore but i think digicel is 2100 and you should be able to get H+ with digicel)

However, i didn't try changing the APN with a bmobile sim card (don't think it was an issue) but Canadian carriers did have the option to lock these settings to their sim cards. This was never the case in Trinidad... so i'm not sure why the APN settings are greyed out on your Z10.
    03-18-13 06:05 PM
    the E is in common
    gsm is also in common at startup
    yet to find a rep that can answer my questions,
    i have even asked for them to re-register my sim, they act like i'm crazy saying i have to do it on the phone
    03-18-13 06:08 PM
146 123 ...