A poster asked me which apps I miss and want to come.
    I answer.
    You respond with vitriol. Makes sense.

I respond with truth, like it or not. Ios launched with 0 apps, android with 50, wp with 12,000 so for BlackBerry to launch with 70,000 apps, and have 100,000 after being 2 months old that's great. I use maybe 20-30 apps and don't care for 700,000+, which I can easily use on my ipad or Android tablet if the web on my z10 can't be used(Game).

Posted via CB10
    wasabiGT likes this.
    03-26-13 12:38 PM
    LOL! Blind fanboyism.

Aren't you just a misguided soul, eh?

My GF downloaded Temple Run on her iPhone 4... 5 days later she deleted and said "It's just a stupid game, I barely play it." She counted as one of those downloads you state are oh so important. Stats are misleading, and are correct 80% of the time 100% of the time.

PS - on a desktop computer they aren't called APPS - they are called software suites or programs. I'm very pleased that you can tell me all the great things about your iPad, but the bottom line is I don't care.

You seem to be fixated on "APPS APPS APPS"... it's an incredibly narrow-minded approach but we all approach life a different way. I was unhappy with how my GF tries to use her iPhone 4 for business and complains daily about its shortcomings. After using it a bit I decided it wasn't for me. I tried out my sisters Android - same deal. Too buggy.

I decided I'd sit on a solid platform and go with that... it's been 7 weeks and I haven't missed a single "app." - the internet browser gets me 95% of what I need, and most of what was included on the phone is perfectly fine. I don't have a FB or Twitter account as I don't hang onto the teat of social networking, and the included software is enough for me to run my business.

Oh and just so you know, I work on a MAC 12 hours a day and have done so for the past 15 years, I started at HORRIBLE OS9... my business and job lend itself very well to the MAC platform rather than the Windows one. But hey - I guess that makes me an OSX fanboy now, too... doesn't it?

Some people's children.

-Chris-
    SDTRMG, undone, wasabiGT and 2 others like this.
    03-26-13 12:40 PM
    Quit with all the negative crap already. Its a new format that bb is pushing forward. Its a friggin phone!! Use your tablet for apps.
    You assume everyone owns a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 12:40 PM
    I think the problem that some of the BB faithfull arent getting is its isnt quite the number of apps missing as some have said 100000 but the very popular apps that are missing. Just from the list posted above there are downloaded apps from both ios and android that in my opinion if were available at launch the z10 would have a lot more momentum. I understand some can be side loaded but for BB to convince new users to switch and try a new platform without apps available as instagram google voice hulu and even temple run just to name a few is going be a uphill battle. Some dont get it cause they arent apps that interest THEM but its a new day and age. BB has to see that or the only supporters are going to be the faithful from over the years while the other platforms keep blowing past them and thats what has them in boat that their in now.
    We understand that, but point everyone is missing is BlackBerry can't force these apps to be on bb10, if you want it go tweet the developers of that said app. BlackBerry has bent over backwards for developers its now ip to them to do the work.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 12:41 PM
    And Android or IOS does not have any useless and poor quality apps in their stores? LOL
    The way I see it is instead of having 99800 useless junk apps they have 699800 useless junk apps.
    I have all 3 platforms and yes there are only a handful of apps that I don't have on my Z10 that I have on my SG3 and iPhone 5
    Ah, context. The person I quoted asked who would have the time to install and try all 100,00 apps. You're essentially backing me up , there aren't 100,000 worth installing, so thanks for that.
    03-26-13 12:43 PM
    I think the problem that some of the BB faithfull arent getting is its isnt quite the number of apps missing as some have said 100000 but the very popular apps that are missing. Just from the list posted above there are downloaded apps from both ios and android that in my opinion if were available at launch the z10 would have a lot more momentum. I understand some can be side loaded but for BB to convince new users to switch and try a new platform without apps available as instagram google voice hulu and even temple run just to name a few is going be a uphill battle. Some dont get it cause they arent apps that interest THEM but its a new day and age. BB has to see that or the only supporters are going to be the faithful from over the years while the other platforms keep blowing past them and thats what has them in boat that their in now.
    03-26-13 12:43 PM
    Since we're talking about apps, I could use a multitrack recording app and some other music apps, more sophisticated than the basic keyboard. That would be very nice. For the most part, I'm happy with the apps that are there now and those that are coming, but I do want Skype!
    03-26-13 12:45 PM
    I respond with truth, like it or not. Ios launched with 0 apps, android with 50, wp with 12,000 so for BlackBerry to launch with 70,000 apps, and have 100,000 after being 2 months old that's great. I use maybe 20-30 apps and don't care for 700,000+, which I can easily use on my ipad or Android tablet if the web on my z10 can't be used(Game).

Posted via CB10
    No one cares what Android and iOS launched with. BlackBerry is charging the same prices for their flagship today, so they need to compete with what's available today.

And numbers don't mean anything. You can get an app for just about everything you want on Android and iOS. You most definitely cannot on BB10.

BlackBerry themselves have acknowledged they need to work on this officially, unofficially it's almost certain why they've left the sideloading option in there despite it's questionable legality.

And games are apps, games are important, and people do play games.
    If you don't have games, or professional apps, what exactly is left?
    tchak and akaquietstorm like this.
    03-26-13 12:45 PM
    You assume everyone owns a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    I own a tablet. It's a Playbook and the Apps are garbage. J/K I don't own a Playbook. lol. I do, however own a Z10, and the apps are garbage. It's a great phone other than that. I may return it and just get whatever BBRY is selling two years from now. I don't know if I can go on without the gestures and what not though.
    03-26-13 12:46 PM
    The device and Os just launched. Some people just don't get it....

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, TheKingOfVa and R Field like this.
    03-26-13 12:48 PM
    No one cares what Android and iOS launched with. BlackBerry is charging the same prices for their flagship today, so they need to compete with what's available today.

And numbers don't mean anything. You can get an app for just about everything you want on Android and iOS. You most definitely cannot on BB10.

BlackBerry themselves have acknowledged they need to work on this officially, unofficially it's almost certain why they've left the sideloading option in there despite it's questionable legality.

This exactly. Might as well get a dumb/feature phone then.
    03-26-13 12:48 PM
    LOL! Blind fanboyism.

Aren't you just a misguided soul, eh?

My GF downloaded Temple Run on her iPhone 4... 5 days later she deleted and said "It's just a stupid game, I barely play it." She counted as one of those downloads you state are oh so important. Stats are misleading, and are correct 80% of the time 100% of the time.

PS - on a desktop computer they aren't called APPS - they are called software suites or programs. I'm very pleased that you can tell me all the great things about your iPad, but the bottom line is I don't care.

You seem to be fixated on "APPS APPS APPS"... it's an incredibly narrow-minded approach but we all approach life a different way. I was unhappy with how my GF tries to use her iPhone 4 for business and complains daily about its shortcomings. After using it a bit I decided it wasn't for me. I tried out my sisters Android - same deal. Too buggy.

I decided I'd sit on a solid platform and go with that... it's been 7 weeks and I haven't missed a single "app." - the internet browser gets me 95% of what I need, and most of what was included on the phone is perfectly fine. I don't have a FB or Twitter account as I don't hang onto the teat of social networking, and the included software is enough for me to run my business.

Oh and just so you know, I work on a MAC 12 hours a day and have done so for the past 15 years, I started at HORRIBLE OS9... my business and job lend itself very well to the MAC platform rather than the Windows one. But hey - I guess that makes me an OSX fanboy now, too... doesn't it?

Some people's children.

-Chris-
    So because your GF thought the game was stupid, it is not a major app. I am please to know that your GF is the authority on major apps.

I smell BS o your claim that you use a mac. You tell me this "PS - on a desktop computer they aren't called APPS - they are called software suites or programs. I'm very pleased that you can tell me all the great things about your iPad, but the bottom line is I don't care. "

You should tell apple their webpage is wrong

Apple - OS X Mountain Lion - Apps

They call their place to DL "programs" and "software suites" the MAC APP STORE. Not that this is relevant to the initial discussion at hand.. but since you tried and failed to call me out on it... I figured I would make things right again.

I am focused on apps because in this day and age of mobile computing, they are very important. How you deny this is beyond me... You seem to be stuck on "Because I or my GF dont find it useful, no one should"

Android has bugs, iOS has bugs, BB10 has bugs... If that is your criteria for picking a platform... then I do not know what to tell you.
    03-26-13 12:49 PM

Blackberry doesn't make apps.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-26-13 12:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh, people get it. I don't think you get it. Most people with smartphones do, in fact, care about apps. They also don't care if the OS is new or not. If their app isn't there, the app isn't there. When your paying a premium price for a product, there should be an incentive to do so. Missing apps is the opposite of an incentive. See where this is going?
    akaquietstorm likes this.
    03-26-13 12:53 PM
    Oh boy!!

Posted via my White Z10
    03-26-13 12:53 PM
    Blackberry doesn't make apps.
    It doesn't matter who is to blame. Bottom line, the apps aren't there.
    03-26-13 12:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    And one would figure that when you launch a new device and software in 2013 you do so because you think you can compete. But how can you compete when the new device you are selling does not have the same apps, features, or ecosystem as the top mobile OS's?

Can you imagine TESLA releasing a luxury car in 2013 that didn't have automatic windows, auto doorlocks, LED lights etc?! HAHA, they would fail miserably! Why? Because they wouldnt match and EXCEED the competitors... The matching(Features/ecosystem/apps) part is what BBRY must do... and quickly. Or they can lower the price to $99 on contract
    bobauckland and tchak like this.
    03-26-13 12:55 PM
    And one would figure that when you launch a new device and software in 2013 you do so because you think you can compete. But how can you compete when the new device you are selling does not have the same apps, features, or ecosystem as the top mobile OS's?

Can you imagine TESLA releasing a luxury car in 2013 that didn't have automatic windows, auto doorlocks, LED lights etc?! HAHA, they would fail miserably! Why? Because they wouldnt match and EXCEED the competitors... The matching(Features/ecosystem/apps) part is what BBRY must do... and quickly. Or they can lower the price to $99 on contract
    Well said. Honestly, I see the price dropping to that sooner than later. The Z10 isn't going to fly off the shelf at 199 when the GS4 and iphone 5 can be had for the same price. Heck, 149 would probably increase sales dramatically.
    03-26-13 01:00 PM
    Major apps that are missing:
    AMEX
    USAA
    CHASE
    BofA
    Netflix
    Google Voice
    Google +
    TheVerge
    Engadget
    Flipboard
    Instagram
    Facebook Messenger
    Pintrest
    Words with Friends
    Xbox Smartglass
    Lync
    Yahoo Fantasy Football
    Etrade
    Pandora
    Spotify
    CNN
    Directv
    Amazon
    Kayak
    Google Maps
    Pocket
    Runkeeper
    Speedtest.net
    Zillow
    Groupon
    Paypal
    Hulu
    Yelp
    MLB At Bat
    Temple Run
    Photoshop Touch

That is just a few, and most of the good apps on BB World are Android ports, so the notifications and navigation of the apps are lousy.
    Really? Wow, there are a lot of major companies there with no app on BB10!! Amazon, Yelp, Groupon, PayPal, Netflix (which I already knew), Google Maps. Zillow, the banks. I may not use most of them, but other many people do, plus these are big-names too! No wonder why people say BB has no apps.
    03-26-13 01:01 PM
    *skips to last page* can we have a no teenager policy at CrackBerry, please?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    03-26-13 01:04 PM
    You know, people were saying the 'app-gap' was closing in 2010, too!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-phone-538424/
    03-26-13 01:04 PM
    You know, people were saying the 'app-gap' was closing in 2010, too!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-phone-538424/
    It's the reason my last Blackberry was the 9700. Well, I'm back on board for now but the train seems to be on a similar path.
    randall2580 likes this.
    03-26-13 01:06 PM
    *skips to last page* can we have a no teenager policy at CrackBerry, please?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Hey, lots of teenagers have smartphones now. You know what they like? Yep, you guessed it. APPS!
    03-26-13 01:08 PM
    Your sense of smell is as bad as your ability to read and comprehend.

First off I am a GRAPHIC DESIGNER. I have worked on the Mac platform since 1998 - at first it was kind of forced due to the lack of font management on Windows but I came to prefer it, especially the resource management and speed of Adobe products which were designed for the platform. Also Quark Xpress for Windows (when it was a major software package) blew chunks on the PC.

Second off - I said she used it and deleted it... meaning yes it was downloaded but was discarded quickly. Her download of the software adds to the tally you fed to me which in your words "makes it a major app" due to downloads. My point is that regardless of how many downloads an app may have that doesn't mean it's a GOOD/major app. It just means it was downloaded a lot initially - staying power is where it's at. The battery monitors for BB right now are limited and not that great, but have been downloaded a LOT I'm sure (such as BX Battery monitor)... but they will be deleted very quickly as soon as a good monitor comes to BB that is no charge. It may have "major app" status in the downloads but nobody will care for it if it has been usurped by better software.

Lastly, when it comes to what I do for a living - I cannot have buggy email or a buggy phone. I receive changes and proofs via email daily, I cannot try to view something and have the phone crash. I cannot bring my phone to a print house and have the phone crash while trying to transfer the file. I need reliability - my days of "testing out operating systems" as they come out for software developers is long over - I'm at an age where I want my equipment to simply WORK. Duly note that most printers are still on Adobe CS4 while Adobe themselves is pushing CS6 as hard as they can. People tend to grow tired of being test mules and stop when something simply "works."

Yeah this BB has bugs - how can it not it's 7 weeks old and in its infancy. But its far more solid than Android and more functional for me than an iPhone. Those were my needs - if you feel the need to question my needs then I wonder what it is that you know so well about me that would require that of you.

Clearly we are going to have to agree to disagree because YOUR blatant fanboyism is quickly superseding your lack of logic and a charming lack of comprehension. Good luck on your quest for apps, but perhaps you should consider the ROOT source of app development lies with the developers rather than the OS/Hardware maker.

BB has done EXACTLY what Apple did with OSX - they brought a modern, up-to-date and user friendly operating system to the table and situated it on very capable hardware. I remember a time when Apple was floundering because NOBODY made software for their platform and if it was created it was heavily scaled back from the PC version... but the developers came when they saw that there was a viable ecosystem to tap into. This is exactly what Blackberry has done - these apps won't be made until the developers realize the ecosystem IS healthy and that they are losing out by not tapping into it. The ones that come to this conclusion first will be the ones to reap the most reward and gain a good following early in the game.

-Chris-
    03-26-13 01:09 PM
    It doesn't matter who is to blame. Bottom line, the apps aren't there.
    More apps are coming every day.
    SDTRMG and web99 like this.
    03-26-13 01:10 PM
460 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD