It's GARBAGE
    Succinct, but inaccurate. It's a great little BB10 phone for people who don't want to run Android apps, can make do with a five year old Web browser running on five year old hardware, and who don't need more than a few hours of battery away from a charger or spare battery.

It's an email beast with a great screen, super audio, and a very hand size.

I've used it 12=16 hours a day (with frequent charging) to run multiple businesses for almost five years.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-25-18 09:21 AM
    ...you DO realize that the Passport by technology standards is also a 'dinosaur'...I ran a Z10 for a few years...the battery was not great but I could get through a day...you say that you bought one and was ****e...you have to consider that even if the Z10 had battery life of its replacement (Z30) that a battery that's what five years old isn't going to have great run time...before blasting somehow (saw your other thread) and sounding like a 12 year old spoiled child...have a better understanding of what it is you're moaning about.....now before you accuse me of not owning or using this or that...I've had just about every BB10 device produced besides the POSE and the Leap...and they all treated me well and held up like champs considering the environment they have to tolerate with my line of work...I've never updated due to an issue, but wanting the 'next one'...currently running a Passport as my daily and my old Z30 as a work phone...these old 'dinosaurs' still have what it takes.....

Posted via CB10
    01-25-18 01:00 PM
    Succinct, but inaccurate. It's a great little BB10 phone for people who don't want to run Android apps, can make do with a five year old Web browser running on five year old hardware, and who don't need more than a few hours of battery away from a charger or spare battery.

It's an email beast with a great screen, super audio, and a very hand size.

I've used it 12=16 hours a day (with frequent charging) to run multiple businesses for almost five years.

I tried to hack a dvr lastnight with the z10. Didnt have all the right components but I learned enough to know its going to work. Ill post more about that later.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-18 01:26 PM
    I tried to hack a set-top-box lastnight with the z10. Didnt have all the right components but I learned enough to know its going to work. Ill post more about that later.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    01-25-18 01:28 PM
    I am using z10 and quite satisfied..

Posted via CB10
    01-26-18 02:29 PM
    Back on to my Z10 after having my android phone battery take a dump.

Other than BBRY jacking up the BBID thing (so I lost my PRO paid for apps, unless someone knows how to move them?) and finally getting a new battery to go more than 5 hours (aforementioned android has non removable battery) the old candy bar does really well and holds up for being "ancient" technology.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-18 08:42 AM

Other than BBRY jacking up the BBID thing (so I lost my PRO paid for apps, unless someone knows how to move them?) and finally getting a new battery to go more than 5 hours (aforementioned android has non removable battery) the old candy bar does really well and holds up for being "ancient" technology.

Posted via CB10
    My 25 year old Mercedes holds up pretty well for old technology.... but I'd never take it on a trip at this point.
    01-30-18 02:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    My 25 year old Mercedes holds up pretty well for old technology.... but I'd never take it on a trip at this point.
    01-30-18 02:27 PM
    But, unlike your Mercedes, an old phone may work just as well as the day it was new, at least for the software of the same period. I take my Z10 on long business trips pretty regularly without worry it will break down.

01-30-18 02:35 PM
    Then it sounds like you aren't maintaining your Benz very well.... used to think nothing of driving in my 30 year old Volvo the 600 miles each way to see my sister.... my current Volvo is 13 years old w/236,000 on the odometer and still runs a 14second quarter and would go anywhere in it. So cars may not be the best choice of analogy.

All joking aside, I work in industrial automation, and a solid old piece that is built well and continues to function well for its designed task is much smarter to go with than the latest and greatest that ends up being buggy as heck.
    01-30-18 02:51 PM
    Then it sounds like you aren't maintaining your Benz very well.... used to think nothing of driving in my 30 year old Volvo the 600 miles each way to see my sister.... my current Volvo is 13 years old w/236,000 on the odometer and still runs a 14second quarter and would go anywhere in it. So cars may not be the best choice of analogy.

All joking aside, I work in industrial automation, and a solid old piece that is built well and continues to function well for its designed task is much smarter to go with than the latest and greatest that ends up being buggy as heck.
    ...as does my 49 year old Dodge D100 with a Leaning Tower of Power...runs like a top...think nothing of taking on long hauls...and even if something were to break, usually an easy fix...and my 57 year old MG had been a daily driver in the summer until recently as I'm going to redo some of the body and interior...fires right up...even on old gas..lol...I myself am an industrial mechanic and over the years the older or just plain old machines just work...may not be flashy, but keep on pluggin'...

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    02-02-18 05:05 PM
    I wish there was an Android BlackBerry with the size of the Z10... I still love it!

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    Alberto DR likes this.
    02-04-18 06:39 PM
    I wish there was an Android BlackBerry with the size of the Z10... I still love it!

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    Too small. Majority of people will always purchase bigger up to 5.5" or so. Smaller end is around 5.0" even with cheap prepaid devices now.
    02-04-18 06:46 PM
    Too small. Majority of people will always purchase bigger up to 5.5" or so. Smaller end is around 5.0" even with cheap prepaid devices now.
    Matter of taste... it might be small for you and some others... for me that is the perfect phone size (saying this meanwhile typing on my KeyOne right now)
    Alberto DR likes this.
    02-04-18 06:48 PM
    Matter of taste... it might be small for you and some others... for me that is the perfect phone size (saying this meanwhile typing on my KeyOne right now)
    I was commenting from a demand perspective for a low volume manufacturer only. BBMo/TCL can't afford to make a device like this. The Motion could very well be the last VKB for awhile.
    02-04-18 07:07 PM
    I was commenting from a demand perspective for a low volume manufacturer only. BBMo/TCL can't afford to make a device like this. The Motion could very well be the last VKB for awhile.
    Understood... do not worry and I even agree with your opinion about majority of the people might not want a Z10 size device... yet, I do...

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    02-04-18 07:10 PM
    Understood... do not worry and I even agree with your opinion about majority of the people might not want a Z10 size device... yet, I do...

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    As do I... but I am hoping that it has a physical keyboard. A Z10 sized Priv update would be my dream phone.
    02-04-18 08:10 PM
    Yeah I think we are back where we are with BB10....

BBMo's plan was for a "flagship" all touch to be the next device, but BBMo has figured out that they really can't compete without a PKB. So here we are dreaming of that unicorn the Z50 (or whatever the flagship slab would have been called). Expect most of use that want an all touch... have simply moved on at this point, which is why BBMo can't compete with an all touch at this point.

When/If Enterprise starts buying, they should be a place for a higher end all touch.
    02-05-18 10:55 AM
    Yeah I think we are back where we are with BB10....

BBMo's plan was for a "flagship" all touch to be the next device, but BBMo has figured out that they really can't compete without a PKB. So here we are dreaming of that unicorn the Z50 (or whatever the flagship slab would have been called). Expect most of use that want an all touch... have simply moved on at this point, which is why BBMo can't compete with an all touch at this point.

When/If Enterprise starts buying, they should be a place for a higher end all touch.
    Soon we'll see threads about "if BBMo would just build high spec VKB" like the old Z50 threads. History repeats in every aspect of your quote. LOL
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-05-18 12:16 PM
    hopefully, you get the right one. -1 is a dog: inferior processor plus low on memory (1Gb instead of 2). because of the hardware limitation,you have limitation for update to the better OS rev. If you get other varies, with OS10.3.2 or later, you made a excellent choice for the money. as long as you don't do whatsapp, wechat, facebook, or bank transaction etc. etc. for work and basic media play (HDMI), music wmd, you get superior performance compare to S3, iphone 4, etc. etc. get extra battery and ready to swapp on the flight (external battery charger with a socket is a good investment too if you still can find them). Enjoy.
    02-05-18 12:35 PM
    My two cents: Want a vintage gadget to play around, k go for it. But dont ever dare to rely on it: it will surely let you down in so many twisted forms.
    Can't say that was my experience in the 4 years I used my Z10. No such problems at all, and it never did let me down.

Sounds like an isolated incident to me.
    03-01-18 09:24 PM

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    I believe someone mentioned one of the Sony Xperia phones was really close to Z10 size.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    03-02-18 04:07 PM
    I believe someone mentioned one of the Sony Xperia phones was really close to Z10 size.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    Sony Xperia ZX1 Compact, the ZX2 Compact which should be it's replacement this year is rumoured to be a larger device.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-18 07:31 AM
48 12