Hi

I've had my Z10 for about a year now and I love it. Although I use the BlackBerry Apps but I need apps like instagram and city mapper on my phone. The android runtime on my phone has always been slow. Apps don't respond/ have to force close a lot of times. I'm just wondering if this would improve with 10.3.1. Xxx

I've seen the JC videos on YouTube and in those he claims that the runtime is amazing on the passport. Will it be the same for z10?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 02:46 AM
    It's the same run time on all BlackBerry 10 devices. Looking at raw performance the passport much more powerful than Z10 which is built on 2,5 years old hardware.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 02:53 AM
    Android runtime OS will be 4.3 so surely will increase performance than before. JC has shown it in z30. It is not like in android phones but the speed will be far better than 10.2 in z10

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-11-15 04:35 AM
    Now looking forward to 10.3.1 even more.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 04:05 PM
    The phone slow itself. I think 10.3.1 does help it. My z10 is buried in a shoe box of old things
    02-11-15 04:16 PM
    The phone slow itself. I think 10.3.1 does help it. My z10 is buried in a shoe box of old things
    I have 10.3.1 on my Z10 and yes, the Android runtime is much faster on it.
    02-13-15 12:57 PM
    I have 10.3.1 on my Z10 and yes, the Android runtime is much faster on it.
    I can confirm this I would say twice as fast. Just wait for 10.3.1 or install the latest leak. I was also able to install the google play store using Cobalt232's method and it's been flawless so far

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 05:25 PM
    I can confirm this I would say twice as fast.
    Apps open faster only, execution speed is about the same. Z10 runs Android apps no better than original 2010 Galaxy S running JellyBean. In 2015 standards it's slow.
    02-13-15 07:05 PM
    Desperately want 10.3.1 now!

Anyone know how good the one plus one is?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 07:15 PM
    One of the best devices on the market.
    02-13-15 07:26 PM
    I'm in two minds. The Z10 gets the job done for me but the android apps are not fluid. I'm not expecting them to be as fluid as on android but some improvement would be nice!
    If that doesn't come across with 10.3.1 I might consider a move

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 07:30 PM
    Z10 is a 2012 hardware device. No software update will make your Android apps run much better. Don't even compare OnePlus One to Z10. It's a Ferrari vs Volkswagen Beatle comparison. If you rely on Android apps, get an Android phone. No BlackBerry 10 device runs Android apps better than high-end Android devices.
    chaosdivine likes this.
    02-13-15 07:42 PM
    I'm in two minds. The Z10 gets the job done for me but the android apps are not fluid. I'm not expecting them to be as fluid as on android but some improvement would be nice!
    If that doesn't come across with 10.3.1 I might consider a move

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you should try installing the leak. My experience with the new runtime has been great. There is definitely noticeable improvement with fluidity not just launch speed

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 08:37 PM
    Apps open faster only, execution speed is about the same. Z10 runs Android apps no better than original 2010 Galaxy S running JellyBean. In 2015 standards it's slow.
    Flightview Free runs faster as well as opening faster. I cannot comment about it being no better than a 2010 Galaxy S running JellyBean since I didn't run one. I truly don't care though since I don't want an Android and I currently own a Blackberry Z10. I CAN compare it to how Android apps ran before installing 10.3.1 though, and with 10.3.1 Android apps, the ones I use, are faster.

If you want to compare it to an Android, and are looking for maximum Android performance, yes, buy an Android. If you want a Blackberry but also want to run Android apps at times, then 10.3.1 is faster.
    FF22 and Elite1 like this.
    02-13-15 10:30 PM
    Android runtime on 10.3.1 is not twice as fast... IT has more optimisation but still has a lot of bugs... i have The latest leak... its slow... maybe a little faster than 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 05:09 AM
    I had 10.3.1 on my previous Z10 and it was much, much better than 10.2.1. But don't expect miracles in terms of performance.

 Z30 - 10.3.1.1949
    02-14-15 06:37 AM
    Desperately want 10.3.1 now!

Posted via CB10
    Very good at managing external SD memory cards, just like the iPhone.

 Z30 - 10.3.1.1949
    02-14-15 06:40 AM
    Very good at managing external SD memory cards, just like the iPhone.
    There is a 64GB version and the phone is better than any BlackBerry ever made in terms of hardware, software and price/performance ratio.
    02-14-15 04:54 PM
    There is a 64GB version and the phone is better than any BlackBerry ever made in terms of hardware, software and price/performance ratio.
    Yes, I know about the 64 GB version. But no external SD card can be inserted in that phone, and that is a disadvantage from any point of view.

The hardware is very good, but it runs with Android, so overall it is worse than my Z30, in my opinion.

 Z30 - 10.3.1.1949
    02-14-15 05:09 PM
    Yes, I know about the 64 GB version. But no external SD card can be inserted in that phone, and that is a disadvantage from any point of view.
    From your point of view. Most people perfectly fit everything they need on a phone in 16GB.

The hardware is very good, but it runs with Android, so overall it is worse than my Z30, in my opinion.
    Yes, similar opinion have less than 0.5% of all mobile phone users. If you're happy with an obsolete hardware device running OS with virtually no developers' support and that heavily relies on Android ecosystem through software emulation - sure, keep it.
    02-14-15 05:48 PM
    From your point of view. Most people perfectly fit everything they need on a phone in 16GB.

Yes, similar opinion have less than 0.5% of all mobile phone users. If you're happy with an obsolete hardware device running OS with virtually no developers' support and that heavily relies on Android ecosystem through software emulation - sure, keep it.
    Yes, some people can get by with 16 GB, others cannot. I cannot, at this point since I have multiple cards for the photography I display on the phone. I also like a replaceable battery for my specific needs, others don't need that.

Buy what you need, let others buy what they need. What is perfect for one person, fails for another. The iPhone is a great phone, but for me the Blackberry works better, based on specific needs. My wife has an S4, she loves it, it is a great phone, for me, I prefer the Blackberry, for my needs.
    02-14-15 06:10 PM
    ...I prefer the Blackberry, for my needs.
    That's fine. Just don't compare your 2013 phone to one of the best devices currently available on the market. No point doing it.
    02-14-15 06:22 PM
    galaxy s has less than 512mb ram and single core processor you're comparison is irrelevant android apps are faster and fluid in z10 with latest leak
    02-15-15 03:15 AM
    [warn]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/warn]
    02-15-15 08:04 AM
    galaxy s has less than 512mb ram and single core processor you're comparison is irrelevant android apps are faster and fluid in z10 with latest leak
    I was playing recently with my old SGS, updated the OS to JellyBean 4.2.2 to get closer to BB10 Android Runtime. SGS actually has 384MB RAM available for apps. For testing purposed I loaded exactly the same apps (same version) on SGS to compare. Z10 was running popular 10.3.1.1154 leak at that time. Memory management on JellyBean is killing inactive apps on SGS due to lack of RAM (only last 3-4 remain active), but opening and processing speed on single app is very similar to what we see on Z10 (less than 20% difference is hardly noticeable in real life experience).

OP can expect some improvements in 10.3.1.x OS, but no miracle will happen. It all depends on apps he's using more often. If they are mostly Android apps, it's better to get an Android device and run it's native apps with no emulation and limited compatibility.
    02-15-15 08:48 AM
28 12