Hey everyone, I just bought my new z10.....thank you!!
    So, I put the battery and it took about 2 min to open. Then I start the configuration and everything was okay till the OS update step. It started last night at 01:30 and it's already 10:00 and still updating. Is there something wrong? Should I pool the battery off or should I wait.
    When I scroll down it shows me the emergency call option, that means that it works.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ps, I havent insert a sim card yet as I use it on my other mobile!
    09-06-13 02:59 AM
    Reload the os.
    Something went wrong.
    Use an autoloader

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 03:09 AM
    Hey everyone, I just bought my new z10.....thank you!!
    So, I put the battery and it took about 2 min to open. Then I start the configuration and everything was okay till the OS update step. It started last night at 01:30 and it's already 10:00 and still updating. Is there something wrong? Should I pool the battery off or should I wait.
    When I scroll down it shows me the emergency call option, that means that it works.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ps, I havent insert a sim card yet as I use it on my other mobile!
    The lack of SIM can be the culprit if it is stuck in OS update; the issue can be many things. Why did you remove the battery from the beginning?
    09-06-13 03:10 AM
    Thanks, well I didn't know! The update is through wi-fi, does it matter? Can I remove the battery now or its gonna mess up everything.
    09-06-13 03:13 AM
    The lack of SIM can be the culprit if it is stuck in OS update; the issue can be many things. Why did you remove the battery from the beginning?
    I agree that the lack of a SIM card would most likely be the issue here.
    If the device cannot associate or communicate with the service provider, there can be a problem.

However, I did not read anywhere that the OP removed the battery.
    New devices do not come with a battery installed to remove. They are separately wrapped.
    He placed the battery in the device as all should do.
    I believe he is asking if he "should" pull the battery at this time since it is taking so long.

@OP. Put in your SIM card and start the process again.
    Get started - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.1
    09-06-13 03:17 AM
    Thanks madbradnyc. So, when ill go back home I'll remove the battery, insert the sim card and start the process again. Thank you all for your help. I'll post later to tell you how is it going!
    09-06-13 03:23 AM
    Thanks madbradnyc. So, when ill go back home I'll remove the battery, insert the sim card and start the process again. Thank you all for your help. I'll post later to tell you how is it going!

If there is any issue doing the above or you notice the OS buggy afterwards, then you are going to need to reload the OS. Removing the battery won't necessarily "mess" anything up cause you have not really done anything yet, but it will be like starting over. If you get it up and running and experience issues, then you just need to carefully follow some easy directions...

*Only use 2-5 if the OS does not load properly and hangs again.*

1. Install BlackBerry Link if you have not yet done so
    2. Remove the battery from the Z10
    3. Insert SIM (if you haven't)
    4. With Link up and running plug the phone in to your PC without the battery
    5. Once Z10 is plugged in, insert the battery, quickly proceed to...
    6. Follow this: How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com
    or this: How to reload your BlackBerry 10 smartphone operating system | CrackBerry.com

By the way Kostas Aspiotis, congrats on getting the Z10. Hope everything works out!
    Kostas Aspiotis likes this.
    09-06-13 03:50 AM
    Is nothing wrong, there was a big issue regarding the last OS update, taking too much tike and people rebooting and restarting their devixes. Just let it do it's thing, mine took 6 hours after 3 tries, don't take out your battery, leave it alone with the blue loading screen!

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 03:51 AM
    Is nothing wrong, there was a big issue regarding the last OS update, taking too much tike and people rebooting and restarting their devixes. Just let it do it's thing, mine took 6 hours after 3 tries, don't take out your battery, leave it alone with the blue loading screen!

Posted via CB10
    It is a new Z10, though it is true to leave it alone and load; he did not have the SIM installed.
    09-06-13 03:55 AM
    +1 for the reload of the OS via Link. Worked for me.
    09-06-13 04:05 AM
    ok, i'll try first with the card inside and connected to my pc
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    09-06-13 05:28 AM
    Well, everything is okay and I'm very excited. The z10 is an amazing tool. I have an original os version 10.1.0.2312. Tomorrow I'll try to install the Android run player.
    MADBRADNYC and Man@Arms like this.
    09-06-13 04:21 PM
    Well, everything is okay and I'm very excited. The z10 is an amazing tool. I have an original os version 10.1.0.2312. Tomorrow I'll try to install the Android run player.
    Awesome! Enjoy!
    09-06-13 05:35 PM
    What do you mean? It is already there, in each and every OS release.

Or did you mean you were going to update to 10.2 (leaked) for the 4.2.2 runtime?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 06:50 PM
    As you can see im a newbie . I thought i had to download run time :-p . Is there any link about how to use it?
    09-07-13 07:15 AM
    As you can see im a newbie . I thought i had to download run time :-p . Is there any link about how to use it?
    There is a thread about sideloading Android Apps. You must be careful because some work on 10.1 and others work on 10.2. The unlocked Android Runtime works on 10.2. The version of android runtime you have requires some special steps to sideload an adroid app.

Read carefully this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...erry10-817781/
    09-07-13 08:58 AM