Hi all,

Sorry if this has been posted/answered; I searched here and Google and came up empty.
    I am using Z10 (love it) with ActiveSync to connect to my corporate email (believe it is Exchange 2007 backend). Set up works fine, but need to go through Advanced, no auto-detection on the connection settings.
    Account and password authenticate against server input and account sets up fine.
    Sync works great - no issues, but every now and then, i get prompted to re-enter my password. If I enter, all goes back to normal and works fine until the next random time it pops up. If I hit Cancel, it will re-pop 2-3-4 times (I guess depending how many times it "popped" while sleeping) but once dismissed, everything still continues to work fine.
    Had an S3 and iP5 connected to this account: S3 went through a security provision process and forced me to add a device password. iP5 was actually supposed to be connected through McAfee MDM app, but ActiveSync worked just fine with no additional security requirements needed. BB10 seems to "connect" like the iP5, but this password nag is a bit of a nuisance.
    Appreciate any help.

Thanks
    02-03-13 03:26 PM
    just got my z10 today.. also have the exact same issue with my exchange 2007 active sync account!
    02-06-13 12:05 AM
    I've not tested connecting directly with normal active sync to corporate Exchange, since we are testing the Enterprise 10 platform which gets activated as a work / fusion account.
    02-06-13 12:10 AM
    Do you have to keep re-entering your Exchange password or your Z10 device password?
    02-06-13 12:15 AM
    U entere once on the phone and then again when you change the pass at work..
    ActiveSync sucks..it does not work good as BES did..belive me people lock their accounts all the time..especially executives..I take their calls..
    MattUK likes this.
    02-06-13 12:37 AM
    U entere once on the phone and then again when you change the pass at work..
    ActiveSync sucks..it does not work good as BES did..belive me people lock their accounts all the time..especially executives..I take their calls..
    That is an excellent point.. even with Enterprise devices.. thats something I need to test, if setup as a fusion account how it handles and prompts the user.. especially for Execs.. great point
    02-06-13 12:40 AM
    Same issue here, our backend is exchange 2010. Hope we can find a solution here...
    02-08-13 02:44 PM
    Hi guys.
    I have a ticket open with BlackBerry Tech Support on this and will update the thread with whatever comes back.
    Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone else have any thoughts on possible work-arounds?

thanks
    02-12-13 09:26 AM
    I have a ticket open with RIM as well re: syncing with Corporate Exchange 2010. Account setup is successful, however email sync is sporadic and drops all together. Calendar sync, will show work appointments, however when you select them they disappear. Contacts have not synced at all. I had a RIM tech on my phone via the BBM video chat and screen share so they could see what my phone was doing (work email acount folder would flash, then all email would disappear, then flash and come back). The most infamous customer support words were said, "I have not seen this before". Logs collected from my phone, as well as from the RIM tech (Duplicated on their Z10).. Now in day two of waiting for an update back from them on whether they have found something or not. I was able to move my work contacts to my phone by exporting .csv file of my contacts to a gmail account, then syncing to my phone so at least my contacts are here now..

I really do love the Z10, however if the ability to sync via Active sync to my corporate email is not resolved the phone will need to be returned. One other co-worker who also made the switch is having the exact same problem. Unfortunately our company will only support Active sync devices moving forward, so no BES...
    02-13-13 03:19 PM
    I called into RIM today for an update on my ticket. All they could tell me from the logs is that the phone received an ActiveSync error code 110 from the server when trying to sync memos. When the phone receives this error code, it will drop all previously synced data and try again, this would explain my phone behaviour. I sent this info off to my corp IT to see if hey have any sort of active sync error logging enabled. On a whim, I re-created my work account with Activesync and this time, I changed the memo sync to off prior to completing the setup. Within 5 min I had all corp email, calendar appointments and finally my contacts!. I waited for about 15 min and they appeared stable, so I went back into settings and renabled memos and within minutes the same symptoms I had previously returned. In order to resolve, I actually had to delete the account and set it back up again with memo sync disabled. It has now been almost an hour and corp email, calendar and contact remain stable.... I will post again if I hear anything from Corp or RIM. (Who I have updated)...
    02-14-13 04:52 PM
    Check the format using outlook of each and every memo. I had an exec drag some emails into his memos or tasks folder in outlook so they retained a non default memo form. You could not see the form difference without opening each memo. This caused his memos not to sync.
    02-20-13 01:03 AM
    Hi,

Dont have much to add here, other than we are using the new BES10 server to deploy BB10z devices and this morning for no apparent reason we all had to re input our windows domain passwords. I didn't notice this right away as i was still able to send emails from my BB10, but was not receiving emails. The only thing that i can attribute it to was that i had to change the active exchange mail store ( exchange 2010 std sp1) to a new server this morning and all affected users happen to be on that mail store. The word from BlackBerry is that this should have no affect.

Waiting to see what other people are seeing.

Scott
    04-11-13 04:28 PM
    We have someone in our organization that is having the same issue, she has a Z10 with the latest OS and we're on Exchange 2010 (Activesync). I called Blackberry, spoke to a fast talker with a heavy accent, told him what was going on, he said he couldn't hear me so asked for my number to call me back - still waiting...
    03-06-14 01:36 PM