If the "Aristo" is going to be better than the z10 I dont even want to see the price
    01-23-13 12:43 PM
    I Really dont Understand why plps Here Complaim So Much About Prices , I live In Brazil And here Smarthphones Are Damn Expensive I remember when I bought My Playbook here about 1,800 R$ like 900 Dolars And Iphone Here Is About 2,400 R$
    so Guys ya`ll Should Feel Lucky with This Price Cause I dont want even have a Clue How much BB10 Will cost When It get Here ....
    01-23-13 01:40 PM
    They have no special sentiment for any brand and will solely make their decision based on price. With the current economic situation, I don't blame them. I know once they own a BlackBerry, they will like it. So RIM need to price their handsets reasonably to get these people on board.
    Good point. I'm also basing my decision on whether the device does what I need it to. Doesn't do any good if it's cheap, but useless.
    01-23-13 02:07 PM
    a couple of my co-workers who have been owning feature phones for a while and now are ready to move to smartphones. They have been eying the SGIII but because I've been telling them how good BB10 will be, they are waiting for the announcement and price point. They have no special sentiment for any brand and will solely make their decision based on price. With the current economic situation, I don't blame them. I know once they own a BlackBerry, they will like it. So RIM need to price their handsets reasonably to get these people on board.
    I think that RIM know that price is a big deal to a lot of people, and what little we know about the pricing so far seem to indicate that the Z10 will retail for less than the competition. By how much is yet to be seen, but I think we can guess it'll be at least $50, and probably more.

I think the angle that RIM will be taking with the BB10 devices is 'We do everything that iOS and Android does, and we do it better, and we do it cheaper'; pulling out all the stops and ensuring that there is no reason that anyone who is looking for a new phone could point to as a reason not to buy a BB. They know that just being the best OS, or the most apps, or the cheapest will only get them a certain number of sales, so they are trying to put together a package of all of these at once. It's so much easier to buy something when you can't think of a reason why not to buy it.

Oh and kudos for flying the blackberry flag high and proud. RIM should give you a hundred dollar rebate on your Z10 if you sign your co-workers up
    01-23-13 02:15 PM
    Is the new phone gonna be a slider like the torch too? I would love that. dont really want the full touch screen or the other one. is that asking too much??? being greedy?
    A quick Google search and/or reading some info here on Crackberry would've informed you that RIM has said there will be various (6?) models released in 2013 to cover various price points. What those are specifically are anyone's guess at this time. The two models that will be released first are the touchscreen and keyboard. Again, nothing is certain until Jan 30th.

Is it Jan 30th yet?

01-23-13 02:17 PM
    isn't this like a suicidal price?
    Tell you what: If that was the price with a contract extension, or having to buy it outright, with all due respect, and even though I really want one, no way dude.
    Not me...that would be suicidal. No matter how good it is, they are in no position to pull off the same crap they did with the PB pricing at launch back in the day.
    They gonna have to earn a price like that first.
    01-23-13 02:23 PM
    That "advert" has a fan render image, a price located through a google search and is just a joke. It does not represent the real pricing any more than any of the varying rumours posted in the CB forums do.

Ignore.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-23-13 02:59 PM
    You guys wanna know something funny?

Considering that a 9900 is R$2500,00 off contract, a Z10 for R$1730 ($799+$55 shipping) is not a bad deal in my book...

It's not really funny though...
    01-23-13 03:51 PM
    TELUS dropped their activation fees. just saying. I don't work for them, but have been happy with the service. but I do know that somebody somewhere has had a problem with (insert company name here). All companies have loyal customers and customers they've pissed off. BUT I am happy to save a least a few bucks on the $0 activation fee....... ......... I am going to eat the rest of my contract to upgrade ASAP ....7 days to go!
    01-23-13 04:58 PM
    I'll just wait for on contract from Verizon....but thanks anyway!
    01-23-13 07:42 PM
    Just called my Verizon store in Milwaukee, Wisconsin They are telling me that they have no information on a BB10 rollout next week. Can they be serious? WTH! They told me that Verizon won't have any until March. Is anyone else in the States hearing this? I am so bummed. I have been with Verizon since their beginning. Maybe it's time to move on...
    01-23-13 07:55 PM
    Just called my Verizon store in Milwaukee, Wisconsin They are telling me that they have no information on a BB10 rollout next week. Can they be serious? WTH! They told me that Verizon won't have any until March. Is anyone else in the States hearing this? I am so bummed. I have been with Verizon since their beginning. Maybe it's time to move on...
    3 things come to mind:

1) They really don't know anything as many reps don't.
    2) They know but can't say a lot until After the launch.
    3) They don't give a **** about BlackBerry.
    clareberry and Deanig_12 like this.
    01-23-13 08:10 PM
    I just came out of my Local Carphone Warehouse. The SIM FREE/ factory unlocked 16Gb BlackBerry Z10 is �479.95. I think that's equivalent to an Iphone 4s.
    01-24-13 07:13 AM
    omg this is disgusting!! there is noway everyone is going to pay that were out of pocket as it is!!!!!
    01-24-13 08:14 AM
    I should add that the Rep in Carphone Warehoue said that on Pay As You Go the Z10 would be around �440.
    My advice for anyone looking to pick up the Z10 Sim Free is to wait around 6 weeks for the price to drp a bit. Also consider buying through Amazon. The fact is early adopters will pay a premium.
    01-24-13 08:29 AM
    A quick Google search and/or reading some info here on Crackberry would've informed you that RIM has said there will be various (6?) models released in 2013 to cover various price points. What those are specifically are anyone's guess at this time. The two models that will be released first are the touchscreen and keyboard. Again, nothing is certain until Jan 30th.

Is it Jan 30th yet?

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...eadbanging.gif
    Thanks, I did do the google search and that's where i saw the pic of the blade but there was no info along along with that pic. That's why I asked.
    01-24-13 01:53 PM
    Thats how much i paid for my first Iphone and look how much it changed the smatphone game.

"That's how you get famous, gotta let your balls hang."
    01-24-13 02:55 PM
    With that high a price I guess i am getting a Samsung Galaxy S3
    01-24-13 03:47 PM
    I don't see it happening. Not at all.

$800, at least Canadian or USD, is utterly insane.

If they're hard to find, I could see that on Expansys or other resellers. That's it.

I'm betting $450-$599 in the US at least.
    01-25-13 07:10 PM
    I wouldn't hesitate on this... $799 is a bit over of what I previously expected for a 16GB, plus shipping cost, that's just too much IMHO...
    01-25-13 07:59 PM
    Hey guys, sorry to bring this back on top. But I ordered one on Feb 5th, the guys said itd be sent via UPS and that it would take 4-5 days for it to arrive.

Thing is, they havent provided me with a tracking number and havent answered my emails since the 6th, this is the last one I got:

"Dear Customer

We ve got the stock and orders are being shipped according to the Pre-order list. We are hopeful to notify you about your order process very soon.

Best Regards
    CanadaGSM Team"

Anyone else ordered it?
    02-09-13 09:29 AM
46 12