So while checking all of the bb sites that have cover the bb10 content (Nerdberry, N4BB, Rapidberry.........and of course CRACKBERRY) I came across this post. Its the link to the article that states all the z10's features and CanadaGSM's price and availability date set for the 30th of January! Check it out! BlackBerry Z10 Unlocked Touch Screen Pre Order from CanadaGSM for $799 | RapidBerry
    InWithTheNew and diegonei like this.
    01-22-13 04:40 PM
    Hot dang sign me up. Ha gosh off contact is pricey
    dataphry likes this.
    01-22-13 04:43 PM
    I know! Especially since a friend of mines mother knows some woman that works at Rim. And she told her that the price would be $699.99 off contract, cheaper than the iPhone but more that the SG|||. Didnt want to have to buy it on another contract, but i cant fork over more than $600 for a phone at this moment, even though I am loving the z10
    si001 likes this.
    01-22-13 04:46 PM
    Companies like CanadaGSM, Mobile Hut, CellHut, etc sell the phones or put for pre-order with higher than market prices generally.
    So wait for the actual launch to get final details for your carrier.
    robkd, si001 and houshinto#IM like this.
    01-22-13 04:52 PM
    I know! Especially since a friend of mines mother knows some woman that works at Rim. And she told her that the price would be $699.99 off contract, cheaper than the iPhone but more that the SG|||. Didnt want to have to buy it on another contract, but i cant fork over more than $600 for a phone at this moment, even though I am loving the z10
    Agree. $799 seems to be a bit steep.
    Justin Couto likes this.
    01-22-13 04:53 PM
    Very. As much as I hope that this is going to be the price of the device fully unlocked compared to what it would be locked to carriers, I'm just happy to see something new about it. Only a few more days now :-)
    01-22-13 05:47 PM
    And bit pricey but new tech costs...hundred bucks here or there isn't the end of the world. Happy happy!!
    01-22-13 05:59 PM
    Well if the pricing is similar to iPhone5 then this isnt all that much more for me. I just got off the phone with Rogers and it was $429.99(iphone)+ $286.00(early cancellation fee)+ $35.00(Activation). I had an upgrade in November 2011. Or, I could pay the $799 and have the ability to say "goodbye" to Rogers/Cantel/AT&T after 16 years whenever I want....tough choice
    CrownIsle likes this.
    01-22-13 05:59 PM
    I agree with you based on contact price. I really hope it is around $149 on. A 2 year deal because i still have $260 for cancelation fee myself!
    01-22-13 06:39 PM
    That price is comical.
    Interesting first post.
    01-22-13 07:46 PM
    Interesting first post.
    and yet, on point
    richardat and ddlax22 like this.
    01-22-13 08:02 PM
    There just grabbing at straws. They took the price place holder from that BestBuy leak and are using that. Even took a leaked pic to use. I bet they'll sell some up until the launch though.
    pblakk and asherwiin like this.
    01-22-13 08:29 PM
    I don't think that this price is correct. RIM has no logical reason to price the phone this high especially if they actually want to ship some phones and from the BGR leak yesterday I think that it will be between 549 to 649 Canadian outright. This price sounds right since it is priced to sell.
    01-22-13 09:00 PM
    So... How bout we wait till launch to confirm pricing? How about this... Let's wait till launch (A week away, cmon..) For all the complete details! As someone said, these places sell higher than MSRP because they in fact do not know the price and would refund the difference.
    01-22-13 09:11 PM
    Is the new phone gonna be a slider like the torch too? I would love that. dont really want the full touch screen or the other one. is that asking too much??? being greedy?
    01-22-13 09:52 PM
    isn't this like a suicidal price?
    01-22-13 09:59 PM
    Pic of the Blackberry Blade was what i was referring to- is that going to be reality or just a tease??? I really want that one!!!!
    01-22-13 10:25 PM
    Hope that that price isnt correct
    7 days to launch and we'll know exactly
    01-22-13 10:36 PM
    A lot of these businesses that "grey import" the devices grab for the buck in the first couple of weeks to cash in on the fervour. Expansys does it a little. A few places here in Australia do it. I'm heartened by the fact this example is only $799.00 - I'm expecting to pay about $650 retail here.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-22-13 10:44 PM
    Could it be $799 for the 64gb? That would be $100 less than the ip5
    01-22-13 11:04 PM
    Is there different sizes? I thought it had expandable SD provision instead.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    01-22-13 11:20 PM
    I had heard that there will be a 64gb and a 32gb - but my memory isn't always 100%
    01-23-13 12:37 AM
    I had heard that there will be a 64gb and a 32gb - but my memory isn't always 100%
    I don't think so. You can go grab a 64gb micro SD card for like $50, so if the difference between 32 and 64 is a single penny more than that, why would you bother? Different capacities just don't make a lot of sense when you have SD compatibility, especially since they have always had it and most if not all BB users already have SD cards waiting to plug in.

More on topic, I imagine that they are quoting a price that they know is too high, but that they think some people will pay. They certainly can't take the risk of offering it to people for less than the market price. So the put it up as high as they think anyone would rationally pay and its in no way an indication of the actual pricing. I remember seeing devices being offered for pre-order at eight or nine hundred bucks in the past. If there was an official price out there not covered by NDA, then you bet that EVERY major retailer would be advertising with it.
    01-23-13 05:44 AM
    Well if the pricing is similar to iPhone5 then this isnt all that much more for me. I just got off the phone with Rogers and it was $429.99(iphone)+ $286.00(early cancellation fee)+ $35.00(Activation). I had an upgrade in November 2011. Or, I could pay the $799 and have the ability to say "goodbye" to Rogers/Cantel/AT&T after 16 years whenever I want....tough choice
    I'm in the exact same situation with those #$^@! criminals at Rogers, right down to the $286 "Hardware Upgrade fee". Let me know what you decide or if you are able to get a better price on the phone. I may have to wait a while until that $429.99 comes down, that's just patently ridiculous. Stuck with a laggy battery-eating, app-crashing Android POS until September - I don't think I can wait that long but don't want to be gouged in the process.
    01-23-13 06:56 AM
    a couple of my co-workers who have been owning feature phones for a while and now are ready to move to smartphones. They have been eying the SGIII but because I've been telling them how good BB10 will be, they are waiting for the announcement and price point. They have no special sentiment for any brand and will solely make their decision based on price. With the current economic situation, I don't blame them. I know once they own a BlackBerry, they will like it. So RIM need to price their handsets reasonably to get these people on board.
    Lennart Vork likes this.
    01-23-13 11:24 AM
46 12