Hello,

Do we know what frequencies the 4G module of the Z10 will be able to use ?
    For example, I live in the UK and we have one provider offering 4G on 1800MHz (ex 2G frequencies) and another one going on 800 or 900MHz frequencies.

Does it means that we will have different versions of Z10 and so "stuck" to one provider ? I wish not.

If anyone has the information, just let us know !
    01-25-13 08:51 AM
    Does it means that we will have different versions of Z10 and so "stuck" to one provider ? I wish not.
    Unfortunately, it does.
    01-25-13 08:55 AM
    Thanks for your feedback. This is sadly worrying!

Is there a spreadsheet somewhere that could help us to check this? We can only wait for the 30th I believe...

On the other hand I know that Samsung and it's galaxies and note are multi frequencies for the 4G. (I may be wrong) it would be great to be the same for the Z10.
    01-26-13 09:44 AM
    As long as the Vodafone/O2 version is LTE capable, would be a little diappoint if they releaased anything else.
    01-26-13 10:56 AM
    Does this then mean that EE (Orange/T-Mobile) will run the 'best' z10's as they are the only ones to offer 4th generation?
    01-26-13 11:02 AM
    At launch yes, EE is the only live network, assuming you live in a city with coverage, VF/O2/3 will be ready late spring,early summer. the networks a preety much built they are just waiting for the final frequencys to be awarded/purchased
    01-26-13 11:17 AM
    go to wikipedia and look for LTE network..it shows all the frequencies in the world

Thanks for your feedback. This is sadly worrying!

Is there a spreadsheet somewhere that could help us to check this? We can only wait for the 30th I believe...

On the other hand I know that Samsung and it's galaxies and note are multi frequencies for the 4G. (I may be wrong) it would be great to be the same for the Z10.
    01-26-13 01:14 PM
    Realistically speaking, there has to be two GSM/LTE variants that are going to launch, one will support the bands used by at&t and some latam countries and then there will be another one that supports the main lte bands that are in use or going to be used by countries in europe, australia etc. meaning that carriers like vodafone and o2 will probably also take that same model since it would save them having to approve new hardware later this year just for the lte support.
    01-26-13 02:37 PM
    That free upgrade thing tends to imply that they would want to ensure that they had to give away as few free upgrades as possible.

Doing a bit of nosing on the GCF website, they list a couple of bb10 devices and this one Terminal Info would include both the EE frequency and the ones that would potentially be used by VF too.
    01-26-13 03:26 PM
    Didn't RIM acquire Paratek so they wouldn't have to have different versions of the same phones. IE just switch frequencies when necessary

RIM acquires Paratek to focus on developing RF tuning technologies | CrackBerry.com
    01-26-13 09:32 PM
    Didn't RIM acquire Paratek so they wouldn't have to have different versions of the same phones. IE just switch frequencies when necessary

RIM acquires Paratek to focus on developing RF tuning technologies | CrackBerry.com
    Wont really help when the radio in the LTE version is made by Qualcomm. You can only support as many frequencies as the radio allows.
    01-26-13 10:07 PM
    paratek is an antenna , not the base radio (LTE, HSPA+, CDMA etc). They are a tunable antenna. I dont think they would need quallcomm in on this. Also paratek switches frequencies not all of them at once

future Electrical Engineer in RF
    01-26-13 10:13 PM