Most issue I have is I need to go into Facebook to get my notifications they don't get pushed

Posted via CB10
    Does it get rid off reboots?
    04-25-13 07:18 AM
    This is always the case with much needed updates on devices. I am on Verizon and desperately need the update to correct some issues.
    04-25-13 07:19 AM
    Kinda pissed that it won't release may 1st...

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:25 AM
    Is it a paid app? I'll go check it out in the app world

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it is.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:34 AM
    Meh, what's a couple of weeks in the big scheme of things? I'm looking forward to HDR, but otherwise, the changes just look to be solid, subtle improvements. I'm looking forward to the official release, but there isn't anything that has me ont he edge of my seat waiting or bothering with leaked builds. (By contrast, when I had a 9810, I was absolutely chomping at the bit for 7.1 for the mobile hotspot addition.)
    04-25-13 09:02 AM
    I liked the leaked 10.1 but had enough issues with Android ports to roll back to 10.0. I'd install another leak, if one came along that was relatively problem-free. 10.1 has very mixed reviews, but it was worth a go.

I got into the habit of installing leaked OS versions on my legacy BBs. They almost always worked fine, and generally provided incremental improvements in features and performance. I rarely had to roll back to a previous BBOS version, and often the leak became T-Mobile's official release in a month or so anyway. But I think all that smooth sailing was due to the fact that BBOS was already a very mature OS, and the OS engineers already had everything working well; the updates were mostly minor tweaks, increases in efficiency, and so forth.

In BB10 we have an OS that is still pretty "raw", with a lot of features, not just tweaks, waiting to get coded in. I think that means that it will be a bumpier ride for a while, and we won't be able to have as much confidence in leaked versions being relatively problem-free.
    Sator and TheEliteOne like this.
    04-25-13 09:22 AM
    So, MobileSyrup re-blogged Engadget, and added their own twist to it... From the original Engadget article:

Do be patient if you're not bent on picking up a Q10, however -- the Z10 doesn't get its update until sometime in the weeks following the release of its keyboarded cousin.
    There is no timeline there. Just a mention of following weeks. I'll wait to see what happens before I get "disappointed at BlackBerry"...
    04-25-13 09:25 AM
    So, MobileSyrup re-blogged Engadget, and added their own twist to it... From the original Engadget article:

There is no timeline there. Just a mention of following weeks. I'll wait to see what happens before I get "disappointed at BlackBerry"...
    Yea when I originally saw this article it was only BlackBerry that mobile syrup linked to so hard to say if it'll hold up

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:34 AM
    I liked the leaked 10.1 but had enough issues with Android ports to roll back to 10.0.
    Ubizmo, can you explain what you mean by issues with Android ports? You're not talking about side loaded apps, I assume, but rather official BB apps that are Android based. Or am I wrong?
    I don't understand the Android port concept.

I, too, used to be the first guy on the block with an OS 6 or 7 leak, but have held off so far on the current leak, just because it looks as though the problems outweigh the gains in this case.

Thanks very much.
    04-25-13 09:43 AM
    Ubizmo, can you explain what you mean by issues with Android ports? You're not talking about side loaded apps, I assume, but rather official BB apps that are Android based. Or am I wrong?
    I don't understand the Android port concept.
    I had problems with both ports and one sideload. Some other people didn't have these problems; I'm not claiming that my experience will predict anyone else's.

Waze, Tapatalk and Kindle are all Android ports that I have installed on my Z10. After installing the 10.1 leak, both worked for a while--a matter of hours. Then I started to get "Force close" errors, and soon that's all I got. I tried the usual things: rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling the apps, even battery pull. The problems persisted.

The one sideloaded app was Words With Friends, and it never worked after installing the leaked 10.1. So I uninstalled it, using Chrome.

I figured I could live without Waze for a few weeks, since BB Maps works fine for me (I just like the crowdsourcing aspect of Waze); and I could certainly do without WWF. I have a friend from high school with whom I've been playing continuously since last July, but that's it, and I can easily keep up with our games from my laptop. And WWF has been plagued by downtime lately anyway. But Kindle is an app that I use all the time, and not having it was the dealbreaker for me. So I went back to 10.0 until there is either an official 10.1 release or a better 10.1 leak.

I, too, used to be the first guy on the block with an OS 6 or 7 leak, but have held off so far on the current leak, just because it looks as though the problems outweigh the gains in this case.
    I guess it really depends on what you use, and the luck of the draw. Some people reported no Android port or sideload problems. It may come down to which specific apps will work and which won't.

I had a devil of a time just doing the installation and rollback, but all my problems were, as far as I can tell, due to issues with Link, which I had to uninstall and reinstall. When I finally got those problems sorted, the 10.1 installation and 10.0 rollback and restore went smoothly (though slowly), without any mysterious errors. The fact that my laptop is a cheap POS probably has something to do with it, too.
    04-25-13 09:59 AM
    Nice just got a notification update from BB (looks like a message for 10.1). But it seems my Verizon based phone just got a minor update. Funny that I was reading this when it happened.
    04-25-13 10:01 AM
    Nope link is a junk software I have to un install it and re install every time I run a new leak

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:01 AM
    As I've always said....just wait...
    Yeah everyone is just happy about waiting for the update.
    Just sit there and take it.....sounds like apple sticking it to their people....
    Just like the Playbook upgrade.....just wait
    04-25-13 10:05 AM
    Guys cut BlackBerry some slack here, we will get it in time. It's very common for new devices to launch with an exclusive on new software for a short period of time before updating other devices in the pipeline. Heck even the "Vaunted" new HTC One will be RELEASING 3 software versions behind (4.2, 4.2.1, 4.2.2) with only a promise to be updated within the following MONTHS. To those who wonder why BlackBerry doesn't just sell unlocked so updates can be swift... the answer I imagine is that carriers use their own money to market, service and warranty our devices. That and the fact that carriers represent guaranteed sales of product... These are all luxuries BlackBerry can't afford on its own (for that matter even financial giants like Google are having a hard time with this). So while it's okay to want an update and be excited for it, try and remember the sky isn't falling, you haven't been forgotten, and patience is a virtue!

Via Zed using CB10
    04-25-13 10:08 AM
    I had problems with both ports and one sideload. Some other people didn't have these problems; I'm not claiming that my experience will predict anyone else's.

Waze, Tapatalk and Kindle are all Android ports that I have installed on my Z10.
    Thanks for your detailed and thoughtful response.

But what I quoted gets to my question about Android ports. Kindle, which I use, too, is available on BB World as "Kindle for Blackberry," and Tapatalk is also available from BB World. Are these Android ports? Do they not work on the 10.1 leak?
    04-25-13 10:14 AM
    Bugs me that as a customer who bought a factory unlocked Z10, I still have to rely on carriers pushing out updates.
    Unlike Google with their Nexus Phones.

Hope Z10 owner's don't have to wait 2 months before we get 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:22 AM
    It's cause I have Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.1483

Posted via CB10
    Will this 10.1.0.1483 your having install on the SLT100-2??

If so it would be awesome to have a copy??

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:23 AM
    Well, hope they have it out before my 30 days to return runs out. I use my phone pretty much to talk, text, and mail. Because of the SMTP issue, i cannot send emails. Ill wait it out and hope (because i love it besides that issue), otherwise im switching to the One or GS4
    04-25-13 10:25 AM
    why Do i feel like Im always waiting..as mentioned...

first and still with the Playbook, and now with the Z10...

Im not complaining, I love the Z10!..but I find myself, waiting and hearing others with their new devices and/or OS..and find myself waiting for releases..finally get the Z10 (USA-ATT)..and now I get to hear those with their Q10's, and what it can do..as I wait..
    04-25-13 10:25 AM
    I think Blackberry is doing a great job on disappointing current customers.
    04-25-13 10:27 AM
    any user with (10.1.0.1429) stl100-2/3/4 can install it

the 10.1.0.1483 will be official ver on o2 uk
    04-25-13 10:27 AM
    From BlackBerry 10.1 update coming to Z10 weeks after Q10 launch | MobileSyrup.com

BlackBerry announced today that its first major update for the BlackBerry Z10, dubbed BB10.1, will arrive weeks after the release of the Q10 on May 1st.

The update will introduce many of the same features found in the Q10 shipping software, including Pin-to-Pin messaging, contacts suggestions in the Hub, HDR photos in the Camera app, custom message notifications on a per-account basis, in addition to performance improvements and better low-light photos.

The BlackBerry Z10 has seen one update since its launch in early February which cleared up many of the launch-related bugs. It also addressed a major sticking point, battery life, improving it substantially over the shipping software.

Such a significant update is subject to carrier approval, so no word on exactly when the software will hit, but we�d imagine it will be before the end of May.

Via: BlackBerry
    This is still up to the carriers to push it out to their Z10 clients. In the end they may decide to wait until 10.2 is available for the Z10 before pushing it out.
    04-25-13 10:28 AM
    Bugs me that as a customer who bought a factory unlocked Z10, I still have to rely on carriers pushing out updates.
    Unlike Google with their Nexus Phones.

Hope Z10 owner's don't have to wait 2 months before we get 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    Not always the case... see VZW Galaxy Nexus, which is a "Google device". Since BlackBerry doesn't sell the device directly a la Google currently software will require carrier testing and approval. But it sure would be nice to buy directly from BlackBerry similar to Google. Maybe someday!

Via Zed using CB10
    04-25-13 10:30 AM
    I just got an Alert on my VZ Z10 saying that my BlackBerry was due for a free software update!

No update available when I check under Settings, but I'll be hitting it until it shows up. Timestamp on the alert is April 25, 2013 10:50:00 AM EDT

Anyone else get this yet??
    04-25-13 10:33 AM
    Man str8 bullshart on blackberry's part. Quit strategic but at least give us pin to pin back. Im starting to realize its better to wait a few months before getting a new BB device.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:37 AM
193 ... 34567 ...