I've noticed that with 10.1 official my Z10 tends to hang, freeze or lockup whatever you want to call it.

It's happened to me 2 or 3 times already since the official 10.1 rolled out on Telus.

It never did this when I was on official 10.0

The only way to fix the problem is to hold the power and turn off the device....

I think I might try the latest leaked OS a try....

Anyone else have this problem?
    05-24-13 12:00 PM
    I've noticed that with 10.1 official my Z10 tends to hang, freeze or lockup whatever you want to call it.

It's happened to me 2 or 3 times already since the official 10.1 rolled out on Telus.

It never did this when I was on official 10.0

The only way to fix the problem is to hold the power and turn off the device....

I think I might try the latest leaked OS a try....

Anyone else have this problem?
    Are you saying it locks up when you are receiving an incoming call and/or making a call? Haven't seen that posted as yet, no issues here (Rogers, 10.1) . Maybe some other Telus users can sound in to see if it's a carrier specific issue.
    05-24-13 12:19 PM
    ive had it happen only once where it froze entirely but never happened on 10.0 first time ive ever had to do a battery pull on my z10 with my official version of rogers 10.1
    05-24-13 12:22 PM
    Some of the leak versions seem to work better on some carriers for some people. On ATT the new .2009 looks really good. Sure would try a different OS if I had the same issue as the OP.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:31 PM
    Yeah, and if you're nervous about leaks, perhaps an OS reload if you haven't tried that already. Perhaps something happened in the course of updating to 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 02:22 PM
    Well, seems like I'm not the only one complaining !
    This update sucks ! After I got the update ,everything worked fine.
    Till today, when I was trying to open my profile on bbm to change the personal messege .. it freezes when I touch the name on the top !
    So now I cannot change anything on the profile , I should've not bought this at all !
    05-24-13 02:54 PM
    My personal opinion about the reboots with 10.1 is not necessarily that a particular 10.1 release is "bad", but that the people who never experienced the random reboot issue were just previously lucky in the sense that they didn't have the combination of factors on their device that combined to cause the self-reboot issue.

But when updating the OS to a newer release, they "stirred the pot" with all the OS changes and some of them ended up with the combination of factors that caused the self-reboots.

The good news is that the latest leaked OS version (10.1.0.2009) so far hasn't had a single report of a self-reboot, though it's still early, it's not been out for even half a day yet.

Regardless, it is the first one I would consider loading for the purpose of possibly addressing the self-reboot issue. Most of the rest did not consistently improve the issue for users.
    05-24-13 05:05 PM
    I'm having a problem with SMS on Telus OS 10.1 (official). It takes forever to send a text and freezes up the SMS screen as well. WTF kind of OS update is this? It'd be laughable if I wasn't so pissed off about my texts not going through and freezing.
    05-24-13 05:15 PM
    It's crazy, it happened to me again about an hour ago.

The last few times were when I had a whatsapp chat open.

The OS 10.1 I'm running right now is official installed fresh from a security wipe, so it can't be from a bad update.
    05-24-13 05:35 PM
    My personal opinion about the reboots with 10.1 is not necessarily that a particular 10.1 release is "bad", but that the people who never experienced the random reboot issue were just previously lucky in the sense that they didn't have the combination of factors on their device that combined to cause the self-reboot issue.

But when updating the OS to a newer release, they "stirred the pot" with all the OS changes and some of them ended up with the combination of factors that caused the self-reboots.

The good news is that the latest leaked OS version (10.1.0.2009) so far hasn't had a single report of a self-reboot, though it's still early, it's not been out for even half a day yet.

Regardless, it is the first one I would consider loading for the purpose of possibly addressing the self-reboot issue. Most of the rest did not consistently improve the issue for users.
    That would be fantastic news for those suffering from reboots. I hope so.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 05:40 PM

my thread isn't about reboots though.....

It's about the phone completely LOCKING UP, FREEZING and the only way to unlock is to hold down the power until it shuts down.
    05-24-13 05:43 PM
    Happened to me 3 times since 10.1 but only when writing a message in whatsapp. Battery pull/ restart sorts it.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 05:49 PM
    Happened to me 3 times since 10.1 but only when writing a message in whatsapp. Battery pull/ restart sorts it.

Posted via CB10
    maybe it's an issue with whatsapp then? because I think that's the only time it freezes on me too.
    05-24-13 05:52 PM
    I've had it randomly freeze. With phone calls (incoming and outgoing), having the browser open, and SMS (also, same problem with it taking forever to send). On Telus only since 10.1. Pulled the battery made it happen less often. Then I did a complete restore without putting the backup back on the phone, and its happened even less. Probably going to try a leaked version to see if it helps rid it completely, because before the official 10.1 from Telus, the phone had no issues.

Posted via CB10
    I'm in the same boat. On official 10.0 Telus I was fine, no freezes and even when I was using the leaked 10.1.16xx I didn't encounter this problem.

I think I'm going to try the .2009 leak, but first I'm going to try a re-install of whatsapp.
    05-24-13 06:00 PM
    I've had it happen the past couple of days where it freezes within an app.

Another strange occurrence is that my contacts app seems to pop up randomly whenever I try to swipe between pages. I know it sounds weird.

Posted from my ZED10
    05-24-13 06:25 PM
    my thread isn't about reboots though.....

It's about the phone completely LOCKING UP, FREEZING and the only way to unlock is to hold down the power until it shuts down.

EVERY time that has happened to me, within 30-60 seconds the device restarts itself. This personal experience, combined with reading thousands of comments here on the unexpected reboot issue, is why I consider it to be in most cases just a different side of the same coin.

How long do you leave it in the frozen state before you manually power-cycle it?
    05-24-13 06:27 PM
    A lot of Telus users so far. When did the 10.1 update get released from Telus?

Sorry to hear in any event my friend.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 06:39 PM
    Can everyone posting list their carrier as well?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 06:42 PM
    I'm telus as well. Apn issues also happening.

Posted from my ZED10
    05-24-13 07:13 PM
    It happen to me too since the update, about three times now, twice while in the whatsapp app and once trying to do add a name to the Cc line on an email. The phone just locked up.
    On Rogers

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:47 PM
    No issues here on rogers 10.1

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 09:47 PM
    I've re-installed whatsapp to see if that resolves the issue.

I will post back in a few days with my findings....

If the problem comes back I'm going to the latest leaked OS.
    05-24-13 10:06 PM
    Same issue here. I have had 3 or 4 crashes in 2 weeks since updating to 10.1.

Also using WhatsApp, but never had any issues before the update.

One good point though- can restart by holding the power button down. No need to battery pull- makes it much less inconvenient!

Not too worried about this- sure it will get fixed in a future update as it worked before.

Interesting thing I would add- rotating the screen (vertical -> horizontal) when playing a video causes this sometimes. The screen will freeze just as the orientation was due to change- requiring the long power button hold to restart. Causes it 1 in 30 times or something- not often. I actually find that disabling "rotate lock" while playing a video, then rotating the Z10 is what brings it on when it does happen. Weird.
    06-03-13 03:11 AM
    happens to me 3 or 4 times a day. Just made 3 calls and the went outside and made another. Phone froze had to reboot. Getting frustrated. Using version 10.2.0.429 on STL100-3 (Z10). On the Fido Network (Rogers). Never happened on version 10.1. Almost ready to chuck this phone and get another manufacture.
    12-18-13 11:12 AM