02-08-14 01:22 PM
52 123
tools
    Mine does a loud pop anytime you call someone as it connects you hear a pop. Then it starts ringing.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 07:00 PM
    What about when using the speakers to watch videos? Does it still blow?
    04-14-13 05:55 AM
    What about when using the speakers to watch videos? Does it still blow?
    They are talking about the top ear speaker not the bottom one that plays music etc.

Posted via CB10
    AliNSiddiqui likes this.
    04-14-13 09:03 AM
    I have a white model. And my speaker sounds blown as well. I thought it was just my phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:13 AM
    so mine just start doing the same thing as well. That damn crackling speaker is so annoying. Ive had it since launch day and the problem just started today. It seems like this is more than just a bad batch. Sounds like its a recurring problem/defect.....BB really needs to get on this issue.
    Last edited by Stupified; 04-18-13 at 08:41 PM.
    04-18-13 08:13 PM
    Well now on my 3rd z10 with one repair attempt on my second phone and less then a week now and this one blew. Wtf four speakers blown. I've had my z since launch and only had a z10 for a total of about two weeks the rest of the time was spent with a loaner. That's it I'm calling them out on a lemon and getting my money back. Had a blackberry since the storm one but no more.
    05-03-13 10:41 AM
    I have had the same issue stl-300 I have had my replacement for about a week ....so far so good fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 10:51 AM
    Found out my second replacement was not a new phone but a refurbished one that had the same problem. Rogers is giving me the newest run of phone out of there pocket just so I don't have to fight rim for a refund. Hopes aren't too high though. NEVER doing RIM again lost a long term customer on this one, it's a shame. And yes all 3 phones were a STL 100-3. Let's see what this new one is.
    05-03-13 01:40 PM
    First Z10 blew speaker after 2-3 weeks. Got replaced with new phone and guess what??? Blown again in 3 weeks. Waiting for new replacement AGAIN and will hopefully exchange for another phone. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!
    My last 3 phones have been Bold's without any issues. Love everything on the Z eccept the ear speaker.
    05-13-13 07:22 AM
    Well my replacement device speaker blew I just received my new refurbished device 3 time a charm

Posted via CB10
    okigami likes this.
    05-18-13 09:06 AM
    I have had my z10 for 2 months. The first month my speaker was blown or crackling bad, sent it in for repair. got it back, speaker blown still. Had a fight with telus. Took it into telus. They gave me a new z10, 14 days in. Speaker blown. Its back at telus exchanging for another new Z10. So this will be z10 #4. 2 months and 4 bb z10s. Excellent product. How do i insert a puking smiley face.

Edit.. Im back from telus store. After waiting 3 hours for all my contacts etc to load onto my NEW z10. The screen malfunctioned and broke. I didnt even get the phone yet and it broke. So they started loading all my info onto my NEW bbz10 #5. I stopped them and pulled the plug.. Im done with blackberry.
    Last edited by wickedchinmaster; 06-07-13 at 07:48 PM.
    06-07-13 01:48 PM
    Wow again z10 number four just blew the speaker. The more and more I research this the more and more common the problem is. F#$k this stupid phone.
    06-13-13 10:01 AM
    If your like me and can't stand the crackle, I noticed if you turn on the hearing aid mode and bass boost in the in call settings it takes most of it away. BlackBerry is turning into the Chevy of phones there's always a trick to get it to do something it should already do. Grrrrrr FML.
    06-13-13 10:13 PM
    Yea.. Had enough.. I was firmly against getting an iphone but man am i happy with it.. The thing just works. Calls are xstal clear. My girlfriends z10 is acting up now. Battery losing connection. Up until now though it has been good so who knows what will happen. A business associate also has the z10 and it is presently getting repaired for excessive battery heat. Seriously though the sound of the z10 is unacceptable. Hope you get yours worked out.
    06-13-13 11:30 PM
    With stories like these I'm starting to wonder if BlackBerry even has quality control.. from restart issues and now this, they prob just push out these devices and hope no one says anything about it.

My phone is fine btw, no issues never has restarted on me, cept twice now on the 10.1 update

But it does scare me that if other ppl phone speaker are cracking I'm scared it'll happen to mine

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 12:01 AM
    I have never, nor the 3 people in my family with Z10's nor my 3 friends have had any problems...

Odd

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 12:52 AM
    It was actually quite humorous. 3 new blackberries all stacked up on the counter. The Telus guys figured i was cursed and we all had a chuckle. All the Telus guys had z10s and were allegedly fine. They gingerly handed me my iphone hoping everything would be ok. I asked if i could smash one of the z 10s to alleviate 2 months of frustration dealing with the z10 and Telus.. Did you know Telus has a form letter thanking you for staying with Telus? I found that funny.

I never had a problem with my torch. That BB was rock solid.
    06-14-13 09:53 AM
    have the same problem...noticed it about a fortnight ago...i have installed two updates and it has not solved the problem

the loud speaker works fine though...when i switch from the phone speaker to the loudspeaker or play music and video, the audio is clear
    08-07-13 04:10 AM
    I haven't read the entire thread to know the details of your experience but we had the blown speaker symptoms on one of three z10's at our firm. Back to MTS and the next one was fine. 1/3 fail rate sure isn't great.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 04:51 AM
    well my third ear piece just blew this week. funny thing is I hardly talk on the phone so the ear piece gets used very little. I mostly surf the net and text people. my total talk time is less then 15 hours since my last ear piece blew 2 months back. anyways I decided against a fourth Z10. I pissed rogers off enough that they are giving me a new Samsung Galaxy S4 with a new one year warranty. It is a shame its come to this because I absolutely loved my Z10.
    08-28-13 07:19 PM
    I'm on my second Z10 for blown speaker issue, and this one just blew. very disappointed as two of my storm 2's had the same exact issue. i'm a true holdout for blackberry but getting about ready to wave the white flag.
    08-29-13 08:21 AM
    I really hate to say this but I've got everyone beat in this thread. I have had a Z10 now for 6 months. Let me rephrase that. I've had 6, Z10's now in 6 months. All returned for the same reason. The ear speaker fails after about 3 weeks. Really, I love BlackBerry. I have now for over 7 years. Is this the phone, network/Verizon, the OS? Somebody weigh in on this. The Verizon Rep's are laughing at me when I come in the door now.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 06:37 PM
    As I purchased mine pre release in the US, really have no one to take it back to. Any ideas on how I can get mine fixed. Stl-100-1.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 12:33 PM
    The only issue I have with mine is that it is super low. I can't hear anything on speaker until the volume is over 1/2...and yes my hearing is fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 12:59 PM
    my speaker also bad, half a year old phone, but won't delivery it back for repair, cant live without my zed...looked for Sparepart so I can fix this issue my self...

/Bob 10.1.0.1880
    09-05-13 01:36 PM
52 123