BB Newbie. Just bought a BNIB Z10 stl-100-3.
    Coming over from WebOS and Android, I was looking for a list of Apps that will work with my Z10.
    My favorites from my Galaxy are Skype, Smartrunner, Snapchat.
    My favorites form WebOs are , Smartrunner, Weather channel, Igolf and Boxalicious.

So far I can't seem to find any of these other than Smartrunner and it says it is not compatable with my device???

Any help?
    03-11-15 09:57 AM
    If you can find the .apk file(s) for your specific apps, they can be send to your device from a pc to your email, download it, save it to your SD card, and install the app, about 90 percent of the time they will work, much more reliable than the old "sideloading" style i.e. "Playbook", there, maybe 30 percent....
    tracks914 likes this.
    03-11-15 10:08 AM
    Some of main stream Android applications latest versions are not working on BB10 os but you can try http://forums.crackberry.com/android...oading-985344/ and see what works with the help of Cobalt.
    tracks914 likes this.
    03-11-15 10:17 AM
    That's too complicated.

I added Snap once via PC then use Snap to access the App. store.

Works for me.

All the apps. I downloaded have worked.

Via my device connected to the Ethernet
    03-11-15 12:02 PM
    I don't use SnapChat, but I read about its many BB10 client apps. So, there could be a few other client apps for the other ones you are looking for.
    Otherwise, all I can say is Fool Guy is no fool at all! Big warm welcome tracks914! Although Carl Estes is an option, it should be the last one you should try. Even if you were not into tinkering devices, but are enjoying what BB10 offers, going through Cobalt's option will be time well spent. If you happen to be running OS 10.3.1, even better for you. I'm still on 10.2.1. To install the Play store I first got my feet wet with a video as an initial guide. Everything else is getting a good drink, set little time aside, and get it done. The video in YouTube is called "How to install Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10" by AgentJuicy.

True, Snap is way simpler, as Gerry suggests, and I enjoy it more to browse through the Play Store and get the Android APK files. With Snap, however, you are limited to whether it will work or not. If it it does not you will be out of luck. With Cobalt's methods, once you become familiar with the process, you will end up wondering why you never did it or even didn't give it a try.

Believe me when I say it is NOT Rocket Science!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 12:32 PM
    Coming from Palm/HP/WebOS (what an awesome platform, I will miss it) I've done a lot of tinkering , it doesn't scare me at all. I was just kind of hoping moving to BB that was all a thing of the past.
    I'll give Cobalt a try.
    03-11-15 02:12 PM
    Well, Minecraft works, although a lil' bit slow on the STL2 and the SQN3. It's better with tweaked settings.
    03-11-15 04:27 PM
    I don't use SnapChat, but I read about its many BB10 client apps. So, there could be a few other client apps for the other ones you are looking for.
    Otherwise, all I can say is Fool Guy is no fool at all! Big warm welcome tracks914! Although Carl Estes is an option, it should be the last one you should try. Even if you were not into tinkering devices, but are enjoying what BB10 offers, going through Cobalt's option will be time well spent. If you happen to be running OS 10.3.1, even better for you. I'm still on 10.2.1. To install the Play store I first got my feet wet with a video as an initial guide. Everything else is getting a good drink, set little time aside, and get it done. The video in YouTube is called "How to install Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10" by AgentJuicy.

True, Snap is way simpler, as Gerry suggests, and I enjoy it more to browse through the Play Store and get the Android APK files. With Snap, however, you are limited to whether it will work or not. If it it does not you will be out of luck. With Cobalt's methods, once you become familiar with the process, you will end up wondering why you never did it or even didn't give it a try.

Believe me when I say it is NOT Rocket Science!

Posted via CB10
    You should no longer follow that video, the instructions are outdated.

The setup process has been massively simplified. It's now just 3 simple steps and you are up and running. Just read post 1 of my Play Store thread here on Crackberry.

Also, only use the files from my thread and don't get them anywhere else (also not the ones that are attached to the youtube video!). They are all outdated.

Enjoy Play Store on BlackBerry!
    03-12-15 05:53 AM
    You should no longer follow that video, the instructions are outdated.

The setup process has been massively simplified. It's now just 3 simple steps and you are up and running. Just read post 1 of my Play Store thread here on Crackberry.

Also, only use the files from my thread and don't get them anywhere else (also not the ones that are attached to the youtube video!). They are all outdated.

Enjoy Play Store on BlackBerry!
    First and foremost big thank you for your continued developing / support of this major project Cobalt! Awesome job so far!

The use of the video, at least in my case, was only to get a quick idea as to complexity of the task (more sort of a brief overview). All my installed all files (except for 3 more so related to run with 10.2.1 vs 10.3 and more optimized for the 4.3 Android runtime) did come from your main thread, thus the most up to date - I suspect. I should have been more clear to emphasize what you have stated on your comment. Thank you again Cobalt232!

In particular, about those exempted three files I make reference above (and which were curated by you Cobalt), I went ahead and gave them a try because solely of my concern as to whether the most up to date optimized for 10.3 might cause me a bit of "unnecessary" troubles. All has been running very smoothly!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 11:34 AM