I had a chance to have the Z - 10 demo'd yesterday. The OS lived up to the hype and I am now certain I will be getting one, but two things really stood out to me.

• The camera takes pretty good close-up photos of a document. As a 9900 owner, one of the shortcomings I have had to live with is that it is nearly impossible to get a non-blurry photo of a sales slip, business card or any document. In the store yesterday I got the phone to take some pictures of various parts of a newspaper. Fine print came through crystal clear.

• The browser is rocket fast. I have a fairly high-end desktop on Shaw broadband 50 and I left that store thinking the phone loaded web pages faster than my desktop!

I hope the stores have stock today.
    02-09-13 09:25 AM
    Yup thats thanks to the Z10 having the ability to focus where the 9900 was fixed focus, and SO annoying.
    Im the same, for ages i struggled with trying to get a shot of a document. Those days are over

And yeah, the browser is silly fast compared to older BB browsers. To think that the 9900's webkit browser was meant to be a huge leap, and it was... Now imagine going from a non-webkit to the Z10, Its the difference between walking a mile and driving it lol

I had a chance to have the Z - 10 demo'd yesterday. The OS lived up to the hype and I am now certain I will be getting one, but two things really stood out to me.

• The camera takes pretty good close-up photos of a document. As a 9900 owner, one of the shortcomings I have had to live with is that it is nearly impossible to get a non-blurry photo of a sales slip, business card or any document. In the store yesterday I got the phone to take some pictures of various parts of a newspaper. Fine print came through crystal clear.

• The browser is rocket fast. I have a fairly high-end desktop on Shaw broadband 50 and I left that store thinking the phone loaded web pages faster than my desktop!

I hope the stores have stock today.
    02-09-13 09:45 AM