The sound also keeps playing if you open a new tab. I personally love that and have been waiting for that since the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    If I have YouTube open in another tab in the browser (playing a video) and move on to another tab it stops playing :/

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:49 AM
    If I have YouTube open in another tab in the browser (playing a video) and move on to another tab it stops playing :/

Posted via CB10
    I just tried it on mine and it kept on playing.
    Vector-SS likes this.
    05-02-13 10:52 AM
    Although it is a great feature, I'm about to pop some bubbles here.

This not only work with YouTube but with all HTML5 videos from other websites.

If you were to enable the desktop version of YT (flash videos), it will stop as soon you swipe up same goes for other flash heavy websites.

PS: don't forget to turn off flash when not in use, as it eats up a chunk of RAM, uses more processing power and therefore squeezing much juice out of your Battery.

Posted via CB10
    Thx for the flash tip. Did not that.
    Love being able to listen to music while reading other sites.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:30 AM
    I just tried it on mine and it kept on playing.
    I just disabled Desktop Mode and it worked!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:43 AM
    Yep, even Jellybean 4.2 doesn't allow youtube to play in the background whether through the app or a browser. You have to download third party apps to do that, and they all suck. As soon as they go to the background, there is a noticeable break and the sound goes to lower quality, then when you go back into the app, the video isn't still playing. It stops, goes back to your position, rebuffers, then starts playing again. I'm guessing there's some kind of limitation in Android that doesn't allow videos to run in the background at all, even if it's only meant to bring up the sound.
    Nope. YouTube plays on the screen..then a text or email comes in and I can have both on the same screen...YouTube keeps playing. smarting with a movie...keeps playing g while I answer a note otr text or check weather.... and no...It doesn't have to put into an active screen page where I can't use it either. It's all right there..

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Get a phone that's not running cupcake. Been updates since then. And yes it does keep playing.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:50 PM
31 12