I don't know if any of you guys noticed this, but I found it to be a very cool feature on the Z10. Currently if you okay a song or video on youtube you can keep it on and running even if you move out of youtube and into another app or if you just swipe up and have youtube as an active frame.
    I think this feature (youtube running in background) doesn't work on another platforms such as iPhone or Samsung so it was pretty cool from BB10 to step up on this.

Thumbs up
    phylez likes this.
    05-01-13 01:07 AM
    Overall I think it's good... noticed it too. only thing is, some may find it annoying that when they return to the video, they'll have to rewind back to the part they left off at.

It would be awesome if the video/YouTube video kept playing (including video) in the active frame... even though it would be ridiculously small. lol. Kinda like how it works on PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-01-13 01:16 AM
    I still don't know how to do that. How do we okay a video? =)

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 01:17 AM
    This is a huge annoyance of mine with regards to my ipad mini. My PB multitasks like a boss. My ipad... Well, not so much. Not at all actually. The damn thing wipes info from the app if you have too many apps open. Pause a YouTube vid and open a few more apps, then go back to YouTube and its at the start screen again. Wtf? If we could take the App Store and make it work on the PB, there'd be no tablets wars. And thanks for the info, I'm very happy to hear this!
    05-01-13 01:18 AM
    I have enjoyed this too.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 02:13 AM
    I don't understand the point of this. If you keep it running in the background won't you miss the video?
    05-01-13 03:21 AM
    And if you want only to hear sound, why use YouTube on the first place?

Posted via Z10
    05-01-13 03:25 AM
    A good reason could be listening to the talking on the video. It get's further though:

The video keeps playing if you open a new tab!

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:45 AM
    It's quite useful. Say you're watching a video and someone sends you a Facebook message. You can still listen to the video while doing your important communication. That's part of Flow

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 05:36 AM
    Although it is a great feature, I'm about to pop some bubbles here.

This not only work with YouTube but with all HTML5 videos from other websites.

If you were to enable the desktop version of YT (flash videos), it will stop as soon you swipe up same goes for other flash heavy websites.

PS: don't forget to turn off flash when not in use, as it eats up a chunk of RAM, uses more processing power and therefore squeezing much juice out of your Battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 05:45 AM
    It's a excellent feature you can also do this with the browser. It doesn't stop playing music if you go to soundcloud.com because it's the best browser and mobile platform ever.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 05:45 AM
    I use it for acdc songs because we don't have any on bbw. I'm gonna have to eventually go out and buy the records...I play songs while multitasking. works great!! No interruptions when I get messages.

Yes I know there are music apps...but they're no good if I can't select exactly what I wanna listen to...

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 06:25 AM
    The playbook actually plays the video while it's in the background.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 06:28 AM
    I use it for acdc songs because we don't have any on bbw. I'm gonna have to eventually go out and buy the records...I play songs while multitasking. works great!! No interruptions when I get messages.

Yes I know there are music apps...but they're no good if I can't select exactly what I wanna listen to...

Posted via CB10

Grooveshark allows you to listen exactly what you want. There is also a html5 version
    05-01-13 06:33 AM
    It's a excellent feature you can also do this with the browser. It doesn't stop playing music if you go to soundcloud.com because it's the best browser and mobile platform ever.

Posted via CB10
    iOS does the same thing.
    05-01-13 07:04 AM
    This is the only phone that let's you watch Vevo music videos on YouTube because it has Adobe Flash. It's nice to click the lock button, check your messages, or do something while you listen.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 09:29 AM
    This is what I hated about android! I would be listening to a song in my car with youtube and then have to check google maps to make sure I was still on the correct route and it would always pause my music, same thing replying to a text message got annoying as hell!

One of my favorite features of the z10
    05-02-13 09:39 AM
    It's quite useful. Say you're watching a video and someone sends you a Facebook message. You can still listen to the video while doing your important communication. That's part of Flow

Posted via CB10
    It's easier on others when you can have the
    Both up on screen to fire off that message. Not sure why BlackBerry omitted this.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 09:46 AM
    This is what I hated about android! I would be listening to a song in my car with youtube and then have to check google maps to make sure I was still on the correct route and it would always pause my music, same thing replying to a text message got annoying as hell!

One of my favorite features of the z10
    Must have been an old android. New ones not only let you multi talk but let you do it bon the same screen at the same time...kind of best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 09:47 AM
    Must have been an old android. New ones not only let you multi talk but let you do it bon the same screen at the same time...kind of best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    Only owned a Nexus One
    Atrix
    HTC one X
    but i think the highest OS version I was ever on was like ics. So jellybean feature?
    05-02-13 09:58 AM
    Only owned a Nexus One
    Atrix
    HTC one X
    but i think the highest OS version I was ever on was like ics. So jellybean feature?
    Did it on ics too with a galaxy note. On jellybean with a note 2. I wish I could run 2 apps on my z10 like that. Hopefully with the Aristo and more screen we can

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:10 AM
    Isn't that a Samsung feature as opposed to Android?
    05-02-13 10:19 AM
    Isn't that a Samsung feature as opposed to Android?
    Yep, even Jellybean 4.2 doesn't allow youtube to play in the background whether through the app or a browser. You have to download third party apps to do that, and they all suck. As soon as they go to the background, there is a noticeable break and the sound goes to lower quality, then when you go back into the app, the video isn't still playing. It stops, goes back to your position, rebuffers, then starts playing again. I'm guessing there's some kind of limitation in Android that doesn't allow videos to run in the background at all, even if it's only meant to bring up the sound.
    05-02-13 10:26 AM
    The sound also keeps playing if you open a new tab. I personally love that and have been waiting for that since the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:26 AM
    Not really. What's actually happening is more complicated and resource intensive. Have you used the Galaxy S4? I had a chance to try one out, and it is shockingly laggy for such a high specced phone. Pressing the home button from an app takes no less than a full second to respond, moving around screens is slaggy, etc. If I were to buy an Android, I would not even consider a Samsung. You can tell just how backwards they are by their decision to keep a menu button on their new phones. Who does that? The menu button has been taken out of official Android guidelines years ago in the Honeycomb days (and ICS for phones).
    05-02-13 10:28 AM
31 12