04-16-13 02:47 PM
34 12
tools
    Already done... didn't get a response back. It's a shame too because I can't acces their site from work anymore so I've been buying less clothes! If I had a viable mobile alternative I'd be spending more.
    That's really great. Thank you. I hope they will fix it soon.
    02-15-13 02:56 AM
    The blackberry 10 comes with the youtube app already.
    It is merely a web browser launcher which takes you to the YouTube mobile website. I found it necessary to switch to desktop-mode to playback some videos due to various MPAA/RIAA restrictions.
    02-15-13 05:35 AM
    I thought iOS's YouTube app was just the website packaged into an app?
    The mobile website looks identical to both iOS's and Android's app.
    02-15-13 06:12 AM
    It is merely a web browser launcher which takes you to the YouTube mobile website. I found it necessary to switch to desktop-mode to playback some videos due to various MPAA/RIAA restrictions.
    If rights owners place restrictions on mobile playback of content on YouTube, Google (these days) will propagate them to platform-specific mobile apps as well, not just the mobile site.
    02-15-13 08:00 AM
    I was using a Galaxy Note2 prior to the Z10, and that was my first usable experience with youtube on a mobile device (before the note2, all my phones were blackberry, bold9900 and back to the pager so internet/youtube was not really usable).

after using the mobile youtube site on the Z10 on a daily basis, I think it is great and I wish this was more common, i.e. if netflix could sort out a way to do this without a bunch of proprietary nonsense netflix would be available to almost all platforms as long as they supported html5 etc. There is certainly a place for native apps, but if it can all be implemented in a standards based web format, why bother with an app.
    b320 likes this.
    02-15-13 11:26 AM
    No need for an app.
    I'm just surprised and elated that The Z10 can play Vevo music videos and you can stream the video and scroll through the comments at the same time.
    I couldn't do that on my 9900.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 10:59 PM
    No need for an app.
    I'm just surprised and elated that The Z10 can play Vevo music videos and you can stream the video and scroll through the comments at the same time.
    I couldn't do that on my 9900.
    Yes, the Vevo site works rather well ... other than the constant and increasingly annoying ad for the iOS app that doesn't appear enticing at all. The record labels are the last in the list of developers one should let on a device (see record label DRM and spyware software).
    02-16-13 12:14 AM
    Still looking for a YouTube app since the web-based version is somehow sh!tty.
    04-16-13 02:29 PM
    It's indeed worthless when you can just make a link shortcut on the home screen. Quite a bit of filler going on in the content department. Android ports are lame, too. Can you imagine if iphone needed to port BlackBerry apps? The world wouldn't hear the end of it, but somehow this sits well with BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 02:47 PM
34 12