I have been wondering if there is going to be a YouTube app anytime soon. I really don't like the idea of going into the mobile website when there is a great app which tons of features just like I had on my previous S3. I really missed that.
    02-12-13 05:18 PM
    I have been wondering if there is going to be a YouTube app anytime soon. I really don't like the idea of going into the mobile website when there is a great app which tons of features just like I had on my previous S3. I really missed that.
    What features? lol. Not trying to be a smart arse but what exactly is missing aside from the upload option? I have a GNote II among many other Android devices and I can't really think of one thing I miss from the YouTube app itself.
    playbookster and goku_vegeta like this.
    02-12-13 05:23 PM
    The way Google has been playing keep away with a lot of other phones (Windows Phone) who knows, might be able to get a third party eventually?
    proudtobe_bb likes this.
    02-12-13 05:24 PM
    Probably not. Google's position as far as YouTube on BlackBerry devices has been that you should use the mobile web experience. Google has been improving that experience using HTML 5 for many devices, including legacy BlackBerry 6.x and 7.x, PlayBook OS and BlackBerry 10.

Perhaps if BlackBerry 10 becomes as big as the iPhone or the Galaxy line, Google will do something different but for now, the best recourse for you is to end Google feedback about your experience on the YouTube web app. Please report technical issues, provide feedback and more here:
    Google Forums for YouTube
    One_Cam likes this.
    02-12-13 05:47 PM
    I actually prefer the HTML 5 YouTube application. It is really well done and for the typical use cases I have fits the bill entirely. That being said there must be some reasons why others may prefer a standalone application.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    b320 likes this.
    02-12-13 06:08 PM
    The mobile site is fast and efficient. I dont want to download another app when the internet works perfectly. Heinz did say that mobile devices will replace computers.. do computers have Apps for simple websites? No. Leave apps to programs that require it.
    cjcampbell and webdave like this.
    02-12-13 06:22 PM
    The mobile site is fast and efficient. I dont want to download another app when the internet works perfectly. Heinz did say that mobile devices will replace computers.. do computers have Apps for simple websites? No. Leave apps to programs that require it.
    Agreed. This is pretty much the future for smartphones. We're going to do more and more through the browser on the desktop and will do so on mobile devices as well. A lot of missing "apps" work very well on the BlackBerry 10 Browser in their HTML 5 web versions.
    dmacne likes this.
    02-12-13 07:57 PM
    I wish the push towards HTML5 would grow a bit... I'm a frequent shopper of a site called "Frank & Oak" that just released an iOS application. For a small company like that, even given that the current iOS base of users must be massive, I'm sure they would have hit more total users that could run the mobile HTML5 site. On my z10 the desktop site runs reasonably well, but a mobile specific application would do wonders.
    b320 likes this.
    02-13-13 03:29 PM
    oh yes.. the classic... "Who needs an app, just use the mobile version of the website" Palm Pre users were saying the same thing about 2 years ago.............................................

He isnt asking that, he is asking when, or if, the app will come out. He also stated he prefers an app over the website..
    robitaille93 likes this.
    02-13-13 03:35 PM
    I would like for YouTube to make a app for the BlackBerry 10!
    02-13-13 03:37 PM
    oh yes.. the classic... "Who needs an app, just use the mobile version of the website" Palm Pre users were saying the same thing about 2 years ago.............................................

He isnt asking that, he is asking when, or if, the app will come out. He also stated he prefers an app over the website..
    You're right, he is asking for an application... but just to be clear the HTML5 mobile verion of the website IS an application just the same. Both the mobile and a YouTube specific site are/would be still client-server applications. The UI and stability of HTML5 mobile youtube on the Z10 feel amazingly 'Fat' client. I'm just trying to think if there are any use-cases for me that I would benefit from in having a BB10 appliction in addition to what YouTube already provides.
    02-13-13 03:43 PM
    I wish the push towards HTML5 would grow a bit... I'm a frequent shopper of a site called "Frank & Oak" that just released an iOS application. For a small company like that, even given that the current iOS base of users must be massive, I'm sure they would have hit more total users that could run the mobile HTML5 site. On my z10 the desktop site runs reasonably well, but a mobile specific application would do wonders.
    Please write to them and tell them that your shopping is hampered by them only offering am iPhone app and not offering a proper Web app. Retailers do listen as they want you to buy.
    02-13-13 03:55 PM
    I don't like that it is not in its own window.

I also changed browser settings and it made You tube videos low resolution. I figured out what happened but many people will not.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 03:59 PM
    Are you guys even serious with the "why have an app while the HTML5 version of the site works perfectly fine and fast" bullsh!t? Alright I do admire the Z10's super fast browser and the ability to load HTML5 websites and all, but that doesn't mean BlackBerry do not deserve a special native app for YouTube just like the other phones got it already. What makes them better than us, BlackBerry users, to have the app when our OS is even better than them? You know, some features cannot be implemented on the YouTube mobile site but it will have better performance when using the app itself.

Let me have an argument here. If that is your point of view, then why would you need that CB 10 app when the mobile site works perfectly smooth with BB's new browser and it's HTML5 compatibility? Have you ever thought about that too?
    02-13-13 05:22 PM
    Bookmark to homescreen? Can it do that like PB?
    02-13-13 05:35 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-z10-771498/

And here goes why I'm requesting a YouTube app.
    02-13-13 06:41 PM
    Apps will die eventually, but not in the Z-10's lifetime.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    02-13-13 06:58 PM
    I've sideloaded the youtube android app and it works fine. only thing is you can't log into your youtube account.
    02-13-13 07:04 PM
    i dont need another app from google
    02-14-13 12:02 AM
    Bookmark to homescreen? Can it do that like PB?
    Yes! It's called Add to Home Screen.
    02-14-13 01:41 AM
    Are you guys even serious with the "why have an app while the HTML5 version of the site works perfectly fine and fast" ...
    The issue isn't about "deserving" one thing or another. The point is that Google very likely doesn't care enough to publish a YouTube app for BB10 at all.
    02-14-13 01:47 AM
    Please write to them and tell them that your shopping is hampered by them only offering am iPhone app and not offering a proper Web app. Retailers do listen as they want you to buy.

Already done... didn't get a response back. It's a shame too because I can't acces their site from work anymore so I've been buying less clothes! If I had a viable mobile alternative I'd be spending more.
    02-14-13 01:36 PM
    Let me have an argument here. If that is your point of view, then why would you need that CB 10 app when the mobile site works perfectly smooth with BB's new browser and it's HTML5 compatibility? Have you ever thought about that too?
    lol. dont think he will be responding anytime soon
    02-14-13 01:47 PM
    The blackberry 10 comes with the youtube app already.
    02-14-13 02:08 PM
    The only difference between the android app and the blackberry 10 youtube app running on a browser is that the android one runs a browser inside the app. there's no difference.
    02-14-13 02:09 PM
34 12