How was your Z10 Purchase experiences? Was the reps knowing and excited? Was the store selling well etc?

Share your experience here
    03-31-13 06:00 PM
    How was your Z10 Purchase experiences? Was the reps knowing and excited? Was the store selling well etc?

Share your experience here
    I bought it off someone who recently got an iphone 5 for work. He was pretty happy with his one week with the device and was sad to sell it.

His loss equals my gain.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10!
    missing_K-W and ErinnM like this.
    03-31-13 06:01 PM
    Pretty good. Bought it the second day it was at att. There was a BlackBerry rep there who showed me how it worked and then I bought it off contract. Love it.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-31-13 06:15 PM
    I had bought an unlocked model from Canada and sold that to a friend and picked up another one when it launched on T-Mobile here, the salesperson was very knowledgeable about the z10 and was happy the store was carrying it.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W and cyco1978 like this.
    03-31-13 06:19 PM
    Apparently sales reps are calling in love with the Z10. This is gonna go a long way.

I have heard that stores in the US are ramping up BlackBerry marketing. Bestbuy, Tmobile and Verizon supposed doing excellent work now
    03-31-13 06:27 PM
    Preordered online but took it into the store to activate on the correct line. Sales rep said the hadn't sold any yet, but he was knowledgable and had been using one himself for about a week. He liked it, but wanted more apps.
    03-31-13 06:33 PM
    It was super! Launch week at a Bell store in downtown Toronto. The rep's knew about the phone, and even though they were iphone users they said that they were thinking of getting one. the "app gap" seemed to be what was holding them back.

They also said that the response from the public was great, people were loving it
    03-31-13 06:39 PM
    Apparently sales reps are calling in love with the Z10. This is gonna go a long way.

I have heard that stores in the US are ramping up BlackBerry marketing. Bestbuy, Tmobile and Verizon supposed doing excellent work now
    You know, just because you say it enough times that doesn't actually make it happen. You and "world traveller" should get a room.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-31-13 06:49 PM
    Once people see the device in the hands of others they fall in love. Oh yeah
    03-31-13 07:17 PM
    I had originally pre-ordered from AT&T and gotten it on release day, but I decided I wanted to switch to T-Mobile's new plans. I returned my Z10 to AT&T and put my SIM card back in my Lumia 900. I told myself I could make it through a few days with the Lumia until I got a Z10 back in my hands. I ordered online from T-Mobile at around 4:30 pm PST on a Wednesday with Free overnight shipping (if you place the order by 3pm). Imagine my surprise when I got my shipping confirmation the next morning, and a half hour later a UPS My Choice Alert showing it was going to be delivered that SAME DAY. I only had to go 24 hours with the Lumia. I was very pleased with my purchase experience from T-Mobile.

On a side note, when I was returning my first Z10 to AT&T I asked the manager how they were selling. He said, "Pretty well, actually. It's basically a combination of an iPhone & Android." I didn't ask him to elaborate on that last statement because I was pretty content to hear that it's selling well. This all happened in Orange County, CA btw.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-31-13 07:22 PM
    Bought a AT&T Z10 yesterday. My local store had very little signage for any phone - just one poster for iPhone5, everything else was for U-Verse, etc. Phones were lined up along the sides of store. When a rep greeted me, I said I wanted to upgrade to a Z10. He immediately took me to it (towards back corner, next to a 9900 and several Android phones). The demo unit was up and running.

He asked me if I knew for sure if I wanted the phone or was just looking. I said I wanted it. He showed me several features and talked positively about the Z10 during the entire transaction (he'd had training, thought it was excellent, really liked how different it was). He never tried to steer me away from the phone.

Positive experience. I thought it refreshing that AT&T location wasn't promoting any phone much (one iPhone banner was it).

And, yes, I'm loving my Z10 (upgrade from a 9810).
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-31-13 07:22 PM
    Good! My ATT rep who uses an iPhone, loves it.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    03-31-13 07:25 PM
    Bought at VZW on launch day. The sales person I got didn't even know they were available, nor did he know how to operate the phone. I had to show him the swipe up to home screen. He was attempting to get home by pressing the "Blackberry" logo over and over again. It was quite humorous, but the store did have about 3 different posters advertising the Z10 (With the date clearly on the bottom). 2 other sales reps looked at it before I took it out of the store, but none of which had gone through the training on it yet.
    03-31-13 07:35 PM
    Was painless!!! Jumped on the att website ordered it, the next day prior to 10:30am the FedEx truck pulled into driveway delivered my new Z10.

Pretty simple concept!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:43 PM
    Launch dat in Canada I bought mine from future shop (owned by best buy) the rep knew didley squat. In fact he bricked the first one he was trying to activate right in front of me. Then the dip shiznip continued to set my BlackBerry up for me which I did not ask him to do. So when I went home I did a security wipe and set it up my self.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-31-13 07:49 PM
    Very good! I purchased on release day at Verizon. There was a large sign on the door advertising the Z10, and inside was a large banner (there's only room for 2 of these horizontal lit banners at this store) over the working Z10 demo unit.

The rep was very friendly and had a pretty good idea about the workings of the Z10 and many of the features. He mentioned that he still prefers his Android device, but was pretty impressed with the Z10 overall.
    03-31-13 07:50 PM
    Purchase experience was bland. The reps were surprised that I wanted one, even though another gentleman was purchasing one at the same time. The demo didn't work (it was discharged and the charger on the tether didn't work) but there was one in the store that was being passed around. The rep finishing the sale and taking the money was very helpful. He was also apologetic that they did not have the capability to transfer data from my old phone to the Z10. The only comment that was off-putting was when he found out that I had had two other BlackBerry phones - he used that (calling me a fan) as justification for this unusual sale.- as though normal people wouldn't buy the Z10. This was the day after the AT&T release.

A week later, I'm trying to buy the battery charger pack (which is out of stock here on CB). The website won't work because they insist that my billing address not be a PO Box. This doesn't work because my billing address is a PO Box and the zip doesn't match if I put in my physical address. So, I head over to my local AT&T store.

Long story made short, I almost had to arm wrestle the rep in order to purchase a battery charge package from him. Not in stock, it'll be here in a couple of days.

But the real telling is in his surprise that I actually thought the Z10 is a good phone. He said that they are getting a lot of complaints that the gestures are different than the iPhone.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-31-13 07:54 PM
    I have T Mobile which in my experience has the best reps in store. They typically seem to do a lot of homework on their own.

One of the guys in the store was a blackberry user but had not upgraded.
    I was actually going in to switch my plan to the new simple choice plan but I decided to get this rather than wait for the q10.
    The guys there were very positive on the phone and said they had sold several anf only had one left in stock. Well, when I got done there were none.
    One thing i wanted to do was try one untethered to type on it and someone there had a personal one I got to use. It was on ATT so i think it was a friend of an employee. At any rate, it could not be more positive.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-31-13 08:06 PM
    Reps were confused as to why nobody had bothered to unpack the shipment. Had to come back an hour later to actually buy one. There were no in-store advertisements.
    03-31-13 08:16 PM
    On launch day here in Canada I had to work so my wife went to Walmart down the street from us. I went there the night before and they said they will go o. Sale at 10 am but to come a little earlier. So when my wife went there they told her they only have 1 phone only in the store. That's all they received. I am with telus and it just so happened that the 1 z10 they had was for telus. I was on the phone with my wife and she told me that the only z10 they had was for telus. I was so happy. Then she called me back and asked what kind if sim card it took and where did the sim card go? I laughed cause the Walmart employee knew nothing about the phone at all. Not even where to put the sim...lol. I told the girl how to take the back cover off and install the sim and hung up my phone. Then once my BlackBerry 9800 was disconnected I had a big smile on my fave because I knew that meant that my z10 was fired up and connected to my number. Let me tell you, the next 4 hours of work took soooo long as I was so excited to get home and try out my new z10. It was killing me knowing that my wife was playing around with it before me but I was very thankful she went for me. Then I canceled my pre ordered one since we picked it up at the store and my wife had to wait a week for her white z10 to be released by telus. We are both very happy with our z10's and recommend the phones to everyone. So far I have got 16 people into z10's. My goal is 100 people. Spread the work everyone because a lot of people don't know much about BlackBerry 10. Once they get to hold and demo one, they end up loving it. I would say about 12 of the 16 people I got to get a z10 were iphone or android users and now love their z10's. Anyways that was my story of how I got mine. Sorry it was a long story but i love BlackBerry and I love BlackBerry 10.
    #selllikehell

BlackBerry Z10 and 32gb PlayBook
    03-31-13 08:19 PM
    Purchase experience was bland. The reps were surprised that I wanted one, even though another gentleman was purchasing one at the same time. The demo didn't work (it was discharged and the charger on the tether didn't work) but there was one in the store that was being passed around. The rep finishing the sale and taking the money was very helpful. He was also apologetic that they did not have the capability to transfer data from my old phone to the Z10. The only comment that was off-putting was when he found out that I had had two other BlackBerry phones - he used that (calling me a fan) as justification for this unusual sale.- as though normal people wouldn't buy the Z10. This was the day after the AT&T release.

A week later, I'm trying to buy the battery charger pack (which is out of stock here on CB). The website won't work because they insist that my billing address not be a PO Box. This doesn't work because my billing address is a PO Box and the zip doesn't match if I put in my physical address. So, I head over to my local AT&T store.

Long story made short, I almost had to arm wrestle the rep in order to purchase a battery charge package from him. Not in stock, it'll be here in a couple of days.

But the real telling is in his surprise that I actually thought the Z10 is a good phone. He said that they are getting a lot of complaints that the gestures are different than the iPhone.
    You should of just slapped the **** of him/her and said.......

WAKE UP! THERE IS THIS BRIGHT BIG WORLD OUT THERE TO BE EXPLORED THAT DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND THE IPHONE DUMMIE!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    03-31-13 08:46 PM
    Purchased an unlocked version until ATT launch day. At 2:30 PM, went right in asked for my device. There was NO promotional material and the display model wasn't up yet. But they came out with my device and said I was number 5 who purchased the model. He said one guy was waiting for the store to open.

The mood though was as though the phone was a low end model of phone to offer something just in case the best efforts of selling iPhone or Samsung doesn't work.
    03-31-13 09:05 PM
    Nice to see many having Pleasant experiences
    03-31-13 09:40 PM
    Just got my Z10 from Att. Every thing is good but I still don't understand why vz can have the white and Att stuck with only the black. I want the white one bad

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:49 PM
    Z10 is just an amazing device. Enjoy folks
    04-01-13 01:43 PM