My Z10 is still the same size. I thought this update made it bigger.
    It's bigger on the inside...
    Barljo and bungaboy like this.
    01-28-14 07:26 PM
    Lets list here your biggest disappointment you found with 10.2.1

My biggest gripe is the extra bar added when composing an email or facebook msg It takes up valuable real screen estate! And I am on the z10! I feel sorry for those on q5 or q10!!!! We should be allowed option to turn this off!
    What bar? I just sent an email and really didn't notice anything different. Is this just on Z10 's?
    01-28-14 07:30 PM
    No disappointments. So much better than what I had.
    Yes! I haven't found anything I'm unhappy with and my Q10 is not freezing up on me now (and I wasn't complaining about that either) Happy, Happy, Happy
    01-28-14 07:33 PM
    Its not waterproof
    (grin) The phone update is awesome as it is,- waterproof or not. Lol
    01-28-14 07:36 PM
    Why was the Z10 not equipped with FM radio capability like the other BB10 phones? Us early adopters lose out again!
    01-28-14 07:39 PM
    Only disappointment is they never added an option to default to hub using the up+right gesture. I really dislike it takes you back to where you left off. Ah well I've lived with it for almost a year now.

Posted via CB10
    Dr.Deebs likes this.
    01-28-14 07:55 PM
    Disappointments are not caused by the quality of the product, but by the expectations of the end users.

Before publicly writing down your personal disappointments, ask yourself where you got the expectations.

Only than do you know who to blame...

Posted via CB10
    Well said!!
    And, no matter how you dislike "Leaks," The 10.2.1.1925 OS "Leak" is exactly the same as the "Official" OS except for the "L" and the "O."
    01-28-14 09:42 PM
    for the doubled whatsapp, this is whatsapp's issue. they have to FIX IT!!!
    01-28-14 09:47 PM
    Had the same issue. What I did was go into Hub, bottom right 3 dots, settings, hub management, find the second whatsapp that isn't the real one, and set it as "show in hub only".

Not a fix but it disappears from the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    That didn't work for me - but un-installing whatsapp, and then re-installing it, worked fine
    01-28-14 09:55 PM
    So far so good. Love the update! Brings a lot of new features to my z10. About people complaining of the extra bar when composing emails. I love it. Very easy to format and attach to your email compositions. Love the fact that's now you can delete an email in the HUB only or delete in HUB and server. Love this feature. Like the good old days of BB7. Well gonna explore some more features. With each update my z10 is becoming a powerhouse. Enjoy guys and gals!

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    01-28-14 09:58 PM
    I lost all my saved wi-fi and the ability to save new wi-fi, after I download the official 10.2.1.
    So everytime i restart my z10 I lost all the wi-fi profile.

Anyone else experience this?
    01-28-14 09:58 PM
    I'm wondering how many of you that are disappointed did a backup in anticipation of this OS?
    Barljo, Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    01-28-14 10:01 PM
    Ugh all this freaking time! Thanks for that!

Posted via CB10
    This is true of almost all screen that you launch from hub, you can just swipe the entire thing to the right!
    01-28-14 10:11 PM
    Loving the update. Only issue I've had so far is that my Q10 has been so hot. Especially when running apk's and battery life hasn't been as great as expected too. But I guess I haven't given my phone any rest since the update dropped so its understandable.

Also just wondering, is it possible that the android runtime can be updated to make apk's more compatible with the Q10 screen size? Some apps are ok but just require small tweaks ( Like Flipboard and Temple Run)

My biggest gripe is the extra bar added when composing an email or facebook msg It takes up valuable real screen estate! And I am on the z10! I feel sorry for those on q5 or q10!!!! We should be allowed option to turn this off!
    01-28-14 11:22 PM
    Its not waterproof
    Your disappointments in 10.2.1, list them here.-i-see-what-you-did-there..png

Bogus Apple ad convinces some that iOS 7 makes your iPhone waterproof

Well played sir. Addressing the OP the only thing I'm dissapointed that isn't included is the holster vibrate on notifications. Other than that 1925 has been excellent for me yes I'd like to see further development of a few features and some new innovative things but this build is solid top to bottom.
    01-29-14 12:05 AM
    I can't use the pinch feature in the hub and do deletes via the "hold the date" method.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 12:07 AM

I don't mind the bar and actually enjoy not having to hide the keyboard to access these items.
    01-29-14 12:16 AM
    My Z10 is still the same size. I thought this update made it bigger.

No, no no. It makes certain of your body parts bigger.
    01-29-14 12:20 AM
    If I had to complain, it would be that they did not add the new bar above the keyboard in BBM also. Just makes more sense to me now.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 12:26 AM
    Now it's just a waste of space.

Now that's pretty funny, because one of the things that I really don't like about BB10 when using my POP email accounts is the combination of A) no default BCC option, and B) the fact that every single time I compose a mail on a POP account where I want a record of that email in the same account, I have to force the keyboard down, hit another menu button, then hit the BCC button and manually enter an address to BCC that email to.

For someone like yourself who has a love affair with POP email, I would have thought you would love that change.

Another thing that I never liked about BB10 email is the default HTML email format. The bar is where the facility to change the email format was added-to, which is a really big deal to me. I do NOT like to send HTML emails, and I do NOT like any replies I make to some dumb HTML email to have lame-*ss blue text. Now I can easily change those things without having to go through even more burning hoops of flame. Next step: allow me to change those settings to fulltime defaults.

That effin bar in the Hub really annoys me. Five seventh of my Z10 screen is used up by the keyboard and headers/footers when I'm typing in the Hub. I mean, there surely are people for whom it is really handy, but why can't we, who are more than happy with using only the gestures, at least choose to hide it?

I agree it would be nice for people who never use such a thing to hide it if they want.
    01-29-14 12:27 AM
    All of my android apps have stopped working. Could it be a problem with the runtime? Anyone else experience this?

I have a number of sideloaded Android apps and a number of Android apps ported to BlackBerry World installed, and if anything they work better than before.

If you use an autoloader to load the OS, then yes, your Android apps will probably need to be re-installed.

How large was the download you got for this update? If it was around 1GB, then it's possible it may have installed the OS like an autoloader and did a backup/restore. If that's what it is doing, and if you got that large download, then it would make sense that Android apps might need re-installing.

I lost all my saved wi-fi and the ability to save new wi-fi, after I download the official 10.2.1.
    So everytime i restart my z10 I lost all the wi-fi profile.

Anyone else experience this?

My WiFi settings and encryption keys were preserved perfectly.
    01-29-14 12:32 AM
    Only disappointment is they never added an option to default to hub using the up+right gesture. I really dislike it takes you back to where you left off. Ah well I've lived with it for almost a year now.

If you use the widely-derided BlackBerry Hub icon that comes with the 10.2.x.x OS releases, it will take you directly to the "root" view of the Hub, regardless where you were last time you used Hub.
    01-29-14 12:34 AM
    Not a fan of the incoming call screen. Still prefer sliding up/down.
    acupblackberries and R Field like this.
    01-29-14 12:40 AM
    In hub settings
    This can be oky
    Hub seting
    Hub managment
    Do
    show in hub only

Mani bhinder
    01-29-14 12:44 AM
    So far liking the new update.

- Call screen. I actually think it's better.
    - Bar above keyboard. Meh. Would be nice if I could disable it. But no biggy.
    - What's App double icons in HUB. Was having this issue with Blaq app update. But BB10 update somewhat solved it.
    - Was unable to open Android Apps. But there was a reasonable fix in another thread. So back in full force there.

Quite content. Hope to stay that way for the coming month or two. But you never know with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 12:50 AM
551 ... 23456 ...