I have noticed when I download files from browser they save to my device by default, apps save on sd card, I have not tried to change default, will try rite now to see if it's possible

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 09:39 PM
    Ok so go to camera app, swipe down, change first option to on and voila

meganVee likes this.
    02-15-13 09:40 PM
    Josh, I have a tip for your battery life.
    When you don't need LTE.
    Don't use it.
    02-15-13 09:41 PM
    Same thing for apps, go to blackberry world, swipe down, first option is general settings, then select on and bam, apps save to mem card

meganVee likes this.
    02-15-13 09:43 PM
    I don't know but it sounds like you had to do something to cause some issues. That much data doesn't just poof and could explain the terrible battery life. Also the freezing and app crashing is NOT normal. My playbook froze once on OS 1. I have had apps crash but it was always either low memory or an app written in adobe air. Well written native apps don't crash in my experience. I don't know what to suggest though.
    02-15-13 09:44 PM
    Another troll post. Gee, don't these guys (gals, botnets?) ever give up?
    Cmon, he's obviously played with the device and reciting his experience. Not everyone is a troll.

I do get that sometimes people come across as overly negative "Baaaa! Everything sucks in every way because of these issues I've found (a few are bugs, a few things I blame RIM for are actually me not knowing how to do something or not liking that it's different)" but to me a troll is an uninformed basher who shows up to cause trouble but typically has little substance.
    02-15-13 09:45 PM
    On my s3 I had poor battery life and high data usage, found out it was because I wasn't shutting down ttorrent app, probably not your issue, but just using as an example, it's usually an app to blame for high data usage

02-15-13 09:46 PM
    Hmm...I wonder if Kevin knows you can move apps to the SD Card because I have not read anything about that Until this thread.
    02-15-13 10:19 PM
    I don't know about moving apps to the sd card but there is NOT a setting to save apps there by default.
    If you read the 1 sentence description of the BB World setting, it is for saving videos & music DLed from BB World to the sd card. Apps are not mentioned.

Likewise, has anyone tried what the OP is stating about saving browser images?
    I just tried, and seems to me he's right.

I had already noticed that screenshots save to device memory's camera folder.
    And this is despite me setting the sd card as default on Day 1 or 2 that I had Z10.

Posted from my Z10 with my CB10 app
    02-17-13 06:28 PM
    I agree with some other people on this thread. Let's not assume he's being a troll. We all know sometimes our phones do weird things. Some of us will forgive any shortcomings of a new OS, others will tear it apart and say it's garbage. That's just the way it is. As far as the apps go, I'm the same way, I don't require a billion, but I have a few apps I use for banking, etc that I would love to have for the sake of convenience. I WISH I had any input on the Z10 or any BB10 device, but I'm one of those people in the US that are still waiting it's arrival.
    02-17-13 06:40 PM
    On many of your points I respectfully disagree, my experience has been rather the opposite.

1 � I have no reason to need ota backup, everything important is backed up on my outlook.com account.
    2 � True, but they will come�
    3 � Haven�t had any major glitches, aside from an Andriod app I side loaded.
    4 � No Bluetooth problems, this could be your car�
    5 � Hasn�t froze on me once...
    6 � I thought the battery was bad at first, but it isn�t any more, many people seem to share this sentiment, not sure why
    7 � I�ve used 400 megs so far� doesn�t seem so bad� I only use my wifi at home� and haven�t been stingy on the data usage
    8 � Not entirely sure what you are talking about but I now I have 80 gigs on my phone + 50 gigs on Box�
    9 � Have had no problems with sounds
    10 � Don�t really agree with many of them either, as I am not much for the �this is not my old phone� rant...

Needless to say I have rather enjoyed my BB Z10� sure there are a few things I would like that my old phone did, but I won�t be giving it up any time soon�
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Now as for Number 8 issue, he is saying he can't see anyway to put his online stuff onto the SDcard as he saying all it does is download to the device, which is true.

TO the OP you need to use the File Manager Program to move the files to the SDcard or a program like it, like ES explorer then you can move them over.

Or

Load up the the Z10 to the PC via USB or over WIFI which ever you prefer and once you see the drives get mounted, you can manually move the files from the onboard SDcard to the Inserted SDcard you bought.

I have 255gb of free online space and only a 2gb Sdcard ... ... i know i need a bigger SDcard people say, but why when i have so much free space in the clouds.
    Hi not sure if you read both those articles, but I did when each was originally published.

The WhatsApp article is applicable to the discussion. The Netflix is not, as it shows Netflix for Android sideloaded.

I'm just saying for accuracy's sake.

I am personally patient on app selection, despite wishing several specific ones were available already.
    I love how people criticize about quality over quantity, but don't think that quality might take time. BB doesn't make these 3rd party apps. Who does? You guessed it, third parties do, i.e. other companies. BB has done more than any other mobile platform to court devs. There are tons of articles on this, plus a little searching will turn up some devs' blogspot detailing this too. If it bothers someone they shouldn't switch yet to BB10. The BB World Web store is available for one's researching pleasure at any time.

(Last paragraph not directed at poster I quoted.)

One last thing.... just remember keep a cool head and ask nicely in here and your questions will get answered.

Remember its all about user experience and some of us older fella's have lots of experience.
    02-17-13 06:41 PM
    I love my Z10. I haven't been able to out it down since I got it last week.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 06:42 PM
    I was bummed momentarily about Protect not backing my Z up as well. But not a deal breaker for me anyway. As for your other issues OP, I have none of those issues bud. Love my Z.
    02-17-13 06:57 PM
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Now as for Number 8 issue, he is saying he can't see anyway to put his online stuff onto the SDcard as he saying all it does is download to the device, which is true.

TO the OP you need to use the File Manager Program to move the files to the SDcard or a program like it, like ES explorer then you can move them over.

Or

Load up the the Z10 to the PC via USB or over WIFI which ever you prefer and once you see the drives get mounted, you can manually move the files from the onboard SDcard to the Inserted SDcard you bought.

I have 255gb of free online space and only a 2gb Sdcard ... ... i know i need a bigger SDcard people say, but why when i have so much free space in the clouds.
    I don't argue with the correctness of any thing you say, but that's just not good enough.

One of BBOS's biggest problems is that it's not user-friendly enough. Very basic settings like saving to media card or cloud need to be baked in properly from the get go. And then you should still have option to save differently than your user-defined default. BB can't get away with calling it mobile computing then telling people you can't save media where you want to by default, especially after you've selected to save the media in a certain place.

Again, I am willing to give benefit of the doubt and wait to see if this is rectified in a future (hopefully NEAR future) update. But understand that this should not be acceptable by the time BB10 hits the biggest market in the world next month.

I'm not saying this for me. If anyone knows me, I have literally thousands of posts here giving troubleshooting advice. But BB can't fix the biggest things like UI and browser and then annoy people with obvious, easy settings missing or not working as labeled.

02-17-13 07:02 PM
41 12