I am fairly certain that the delays just started yesterday or today, and the first several days of owning the phone I didn't have these delays.

I've HEARD that yahoo has stopped their push mail???? That smells like bs cuz my yahoomail on my 9900 was just fine, and that was only a few days ago that I was using that.

Can somebody tell me why my yahoo mail accounts (both of them..) have obtained a 15min or so delay?

Oh and I'm also hearing that its a Yahoo problem WITH blackberry that Blackberry is trying to fix:
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...2151993/page/4
    06-19-13 02:15 PM
    Yeah I was experiencing the same thing as well. But for me its been going on for months. I have a Yahoo biz account and it was still delayed on that. I ended up leaving Yahoo biz and now am with Godaddy and those emails are working fine. So, its Yahoo problem and has nothing to do with Blackberry because it was coming in delayed on Outlook as well.

Hope that helps.
    06-19-13 02:22 PM
    I've HEARD that yahoo has stopped their push mail???? That smells like bs cuz my yahoomail on my 9900 was just fine, and that was only a few days ago that I was using that.
    Yahoo doesn't support push, it's just plain old IMAP.
    It was only fast on your 9900 due to BIS.
    06-19-13 02:27 PM
    Yahoo mail doesn't push.
    Your 9900 was very fast because it uses the BIS.
    The Z10 does not use the BIS, so your phone has to poll
    yahoo for it's email. The smallest delay you can set is 15 mins I believe.
    There are apps that allow as little as a 1 min delay between polls.
    Look at "Color LED Messages" in the AppWorld

Fred
    06-19-13 02:27 PM
    Yahoo doesn't support push, it's just plain old IMAP.
    It was only fast on your 9900 due to BIS.
    ugggggggg. Blackberry really boggles my mind with some of the things they do. Lots good, few bad. But the bad are really "wtf moments".

Yahoo mail doesn't push.
    Your 9900 was very fast because it uses the BIS.
    The Z10 does not use the BIS, so your phone has to poll
    yahoo for it's email. The smallest delay you can set is 15 mins I believe.
    There are apps that allow as little as a 1 min delay between polls.
    Look at "Color LED Messages" in the AppWorld

Fred
    Why doesn't the z10 use BIS? thats just silly!

And setting the poll to 1-min intervals would trash my battery :\
    06-19-13 02:31 PM
    The smallest delay you can set is 15 mins I believe.
    OS10.1 now has an option to poll IMAP accounts every 5 minutes.
    06-19-13 02:34 PM
    ^I only saw 15m intervals....
    06-19-13 02:36 PM
    Its not just the Z10 that does't have BIS, its overall BB10. Why they got rid of it is beyond me, because that was the main reason why I kept loyal to BB (I'm still loyal, but its costing me more money to keep it because I had to get an Exchange server for my company because of the lack of push email).
    06-19-13 02:39 PM
    ^I only saw 15m intervals....
    It's there...

Yahoo email delays?-img_00000016.png
    06-19-13 02:45 PM
    ^Yep, mine only shows 15mins bud

Besides, setting aything lower will destroy battery life because its constnatly trying to update. Thats why I loved the push effect....
    06-19-13 02:57 PM
    ^Yep, mine only shows 15mins bud
    Yep, only available in OS10.1
    06-19-13 03:18 PM
    I did do an update on my berry already but dont remember which OS I was updated to...
    06-19-13 03:26 PM
    Its not just the Z10 that does't have BIS, its overall BB10. Why they got rid of it is beyond me, because that was the main reason why I kept loyal to BB (I'm still loyal, but its costing me more money to keep it because I had to get an Exchange server for my company because of the lack of push email).
    Why did you have to get an exchange email server? BB10 and Z10 native email works like any other email client. It works fine on my companies proprietary email ([email protected]) Sometimes sitting at my desk, the email will show up on my Z before hitting my native outlook program on the laptop. Even when I am on network and not wifi.
    06-19-13 03:48 PM
    If you're on 10.1, you can go down to 5 minutes. I have several Yahoo accounts and was able to choose 5 minutes after updating to 10.1 (leak).
    06-19-13 03:51 PM
    They got rid of it because everyone who was looking for an excuse not to buy a BlackBerry used the excuse of added cost for the BIS service as a reason not to go with BB. Also, the carriers didn't like it cause it used less data in general due to data compression. So it was a lose - lose for BB, so they felt the need to get rid. I, for one, didn't have an issue paying for the service since it was better for me in the long run. Unfortunately, the majority rules even though many are ignorant.
    06-19-13 03:57 PM
    It's yahoo. We got the same problem at work. Yahoo sucks anyway

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 04:15 PM
    They got rid of it because everyone who was looking for an excuse not to buy a BlackBerry used the excuse of added cost for the BIS service as a reason not to go with BB. Also, the carriers didn't like it cause it used less data in general due to data compression. So it was a lose - lose for BB, so they felt the need to get rid. I, for one, didn't have an issue paying for the service since it was better for me in the long run. Unfortunately, the majority rules even though many are ignorant.
    Oh boy... it just hit me. So now that we dont have BIS, our data-usage is gonna actually go up even w/ doing the same browsing/data consumption we've always done.

And also, since we aren't on BIS anymore does this destroy our BBM's privacy as well as any of our other data usage security?
    06-19-13 06:56 PM
    Gmail is for losers

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:46 AM