HI. In trying to make BlackBerry Blend work, I have discovered that my BlackBerry ID is associated with a very old BlackBerry Curve device. How do I change the ID to be associated with my Z10?

That old device is long gone so my concern is whether I am also going to need access to it, in order to change the ID to my Z10.

Thanks for your help.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 05:19 AM
    From your desktop or laptop, open browser then sign in to BBID blackberry.com/bbid. Then delete that old device from your account.

I still have my old Bold 9780 added on my bbid even I don't have the phone anymore.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-11-15 05:44 AM
    Doesn't Blend have a forget device link or option?
    07-11-15 05:50 AM
    HI. Blend on my tablet doesn't give me any options. It just shows the old device as being unavailable and no other options.

I am trying to figure out how to delete the old device. I see one of the options is "Remove Device." But that seems to be associated with my Z10. I don't want to remove that. When I try to "Switch Devices" I get so far and it tells me to connect my old device along with the new one. Well, I can't connect the old one - I don't have it. So how do I just get rid of it?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 06:14 AM
    Wait - I didn't read your instruction. I am going to bb.com/BBID. I will let you know.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 06:16 AM
    Delete and reinstall blend app on your tablet.

07-11-15 06:19 AM
    Okay. If I go into bb.com/BBID and sign in, all it does is let me confirm my account, then ask for new passwords, etc. I don't want to do that - I just want to change the device. Suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 06:19 AM
    The delete and reinstall on the tablet doesn't work. It just brings up the old device as an option.

When I log in to any BlackBerry support Forum or website, it let's me log in but it shows me as having the old device (which was established with BBID) back in 2011. So I have to somehow figure out how to update things to get rid of the old device and show the new device.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 06:29 AM
    Try logging into blackberry protect in a browser and manage devices.
    07-11-15 06:48 AM
    Lol sorry, not BBID. That should be Protect blackberry.com/protect.

07-11-15 06:50 AM
    Okay, thanks guys. Well, in BlackBerry Protect, it only shows my Z10. It does not show the old device. I am in a maize here and I can't get out. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 07:09 AM
    Okay, I have a theory: in BlackBerry Link, on the left side it shows my Z10 (which is highlighted since I have the device connected to the laptop) and below that a listing "Blackberry" which is not highlighted. If I click on it, it says the device is not connected. Perhaps THIS is my old device? If so, there is a "remove device" option. I don't want to do this and totally screw everything up. But if you think I can safely remove this and it will finally solve my issue, let me know. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 07:30 AM
    Okay, I am on the phone with BlackBerry. They are going to register a new BlackBerry ID account and somehow link it to my Z10. Hopefully this will work. I don't know why they can't just go in and get rid of the old phone info or just revise to the new, but apparently they cannot. I will advise if this works.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 07:59 AM
    The delete and reinstall on the tablet doesn't work. It just brings up the old device as an option.

When I log in to any BlackBerry support Forum or website, it let's me log in but it shows me as having the old device (which was established with BBID) back in 2011. So I have to somehow figure out how to update things to get rid of the old device and show the new device.

Posted via CB10
    If you're tablet runs on Android, go to Settings and find Blend app there. Clear cache and clear data before you Uninstall.

07-11-15 08:43 AM
    HI JDesignz, I tried your suggestion too, thanks. Unfortunately, the issue remains. After 2 1/2 hrs with BlackBerry, they said that I have to wait till tomorrow to see if the update I did to my BlackBerry ID will show my Z10 and not my Curve. They said that the BlackBerry ID associated with Curve is there forever so I had to create a new BlackBerry ID and somehow associate it with the Z10. Unfortunately, we did all that but he claims that on his end it still shows that it is processing the change. All I know is that when I go to my tablet and log into BlackBerry Blend, it still shows the Curve as the only device I can pair with. He said this is my only way to check to see if the update occurs - only they (BB) can see the actual status of things. This has been frustrating and even if I decided I didn't want to use BlackBerry Blend, it doesn't fix the problem that my ID will be associated with the wrong phone until I clear this up.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 03:49 PM
    Veeeery stupid suggestion: do you use the same BlackBerry ID on the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 04:19 PM
    Well, that is a great question. I think the BlackBerry tech was trying to figure it out. He would give me a suggestion, then put me on hold and come back and say, "Uh, let's try this." So I wonder if he really knew what he was doing. I told him a couple of times, "This is what we tried before and this seems to be a waste of time."

But he had me create a new account that right now is still showing associated with both devices - although he claims that it is really updating to show it is associated only with the Z10 now, but it will "take several hours for it to process." I am skeptical - but I don't know anything else I can do presently except wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 04:27 PM
    The only way I know to associate your BB10 device with a new ID is to start from scratch.... meaning you would lose all apps you have purchased on the other one....
    At least for testing purposes, I would create a new BBID with a new email and see if Blend works or not.
    I would create the ID during the setup process of the Z10...

IF it works, I would call BlackBerry support and ask them to shift all BBM contacts and purchases to the new ID, referring to the case ID you have opened due to the original issue....

Just waaaaaaay too strange what you are experiencing....

I am happy to assist in any way I can.

Add me on BBM pin:2BDA40AC or pin:warlack (yes, a custom pin)

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-11-15 06:15 PM
    So... I'm sure I missed this: why can't you just associate your Z10 with your old BBID? I have two phones on my ID.
    07-12-15 10:30 AM
    HI. Well, here is the latest. Right now it appears that the BBID is associated with my previous Z10 - not my old Curve. I had a new Z10 for a short time and then got a warranty replacement from BlackBerry because of an issue. Apparently, when the phones were exchanged, something happened in the protocol that was not followed to make sure the old Z10 was deactivated. The BlackBerry Support tech (her name is Charmaine and she seems very professional and knowledgeable) said she had to escalate my case to have someone with more power or knowledge to get involved and get the old one deactivated (if possible). It is still going to take time. Kinda frustrating but I need to get this corrected.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-12-15 08:26 PM
    And you need to deactivate, why? If you change your password no one, not even someone with the "old phone" can get on to your ID. I have two Z10s. One I am not using and one that's active. Both appear on my ID, but I only use one.

Heck, if you can locate the old phone with Protect, wipe it.
    07-13-15 12:41 PM
    Well, update. Finally today, Charmaine at BlackBerry Support got everything fixed. My correct BlackBerry is connected to my BlackBerry ID and I was able to get BlackBerry Blend to work. It is a very cool app.
    Thanks everyone for helping me. This is a success story with the BlackBerry Support team.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and jdesignz like this.
    07-15-15 05:57 PM