03-20-13 07:33 AM
    03-20-13 07:36 AM
    Why? The article makes a number of good points. Read it through.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 07:38 AM
    beat me to it.
    03-20-13 07:59 AM
    Pretty spot on. Without BIS, long lasting battery and a physical keyboard, pretty much my only reasons for staying are notification led (!) and now the hub.
    03-20-13 08:08 AM
    Why? The article makes a number of good points. Read it through.

Posted via CB10
    Good points my *** "The browser is slow, unintuitive and unattractive"

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 08:10 AM
    Pretty spot on. Without BIS, long lasting battery and a physical keyboard, pretty much my only reasons for staying are notification led (!) and now the hub.
    You don't even own a Z10 and you would say that it doesn't have long lasting battery? It's far longer than iphone 5 or gs3 even....

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 08:13 AM
    I came from a S3 and I find the battery about the same if not a little better

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 08:15 AM
    "You don't even own a Z10 and you would say that it doesn't have long lasting battery?"

How do you know I don't have one? I've had one since the first week of release and been struggling with it ever since. The long life of my Torch battery was one of the reasons I stayed out of Apple's clutches. I now get about a day out of the BB - same as my other half's iPhone.
    03-20-13 08:16 AM
    My S3 needs oxygen twice a day

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
    03-20-13 08:18 AM
    This article sounds like it was written by someone that has no clue about the actual metrics of true functionality of thsi phone or any other for that matter. He compared general qualities of other phones best features to the Z10 overall. The lumina has a good low light camera, Big WHOOP! The phone's OS has not made any big waves. Talks about other phones having better specs. Processor speed, multicore. If your OS doesn't have a large amount of bloatware why woudl you need more. Do more with less!Hardware specs? Pixel per inch. The Z10 has some great specs and the incredible OS make it even better. Just because people have gotten used to typing on a touch screen doesn't mean we can't improve the system. Blackberry did a great job on this. People have gotten used to crappy service at drive thru fast food, does thsat mean that is a good thing?
    That's because it's not bloated with Android crap even if the gs3 battery is bigger it doesn't change the fact that android is inefficient.

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    My S3 needs oxygen twice a day
    Ahahaha that is genius!
    Daveensannie likes this.
    03-20-13 08:19 AM
    That's because it's not bloated with Android crap even if the gs3 battery is bigger it doesn't change the fact that android is inefficient.

Posted via CB10
    This is what ive been telling my phandroid princess friends as well that i find Android so in-efficient. My S3 hardly has any apps on it and every so often it lags when im trying to do something on it. I had it rooted then un-rooted it and wiped it...still the same no matter what.
    Now its just sitting in a corner of my room gathering dust until i get around to selling the thing.

Compared to the Z10??, the Z10 flies and i have far more apps on it than on my S3. Worst example of lag is when im playing temple run 2 on my S3 and listening to music, dear god the lag is unbelievable for a phone that has 4 cores. Probably because temple run 2 is a very badly coded app but still my point remains.
    03-20-13 08:22 AM
    "You don't even own a Z10 and you would say that it doesn't have long lasting battery?"

How do you know I don't have one? I've had one since the first week of release and been struggling with it ever since. The long life of my Torch battery was one of the reasons I stayed out of Apple's clutches. I now get about a day out of the BB - same as my other half's iPhone.
    Torch isn't the same type of device as the Z10.... Q10 will last days compared to the Z10

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 08:23 AM
    I don't really care what sort of device it is, I just want a phone that does what my old one does better. This one is much worse sadly and it gives me no pleasure to say that.
    03-20-13 08:25 AM
    I don't really care what sort of device it is, I just want a phone that does what my old one does better. This one is much worse sadly and it gives me no pleasure to say that.
    Your Z10 is worse than your torch? I find that hard to believe, maybe something is wrong with your Z10 if not then ya I guess BlackBerry isn't for you.. I don't that my z10 is wah better than my old 9900 and my S3

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 08:27 AM
    It is worse as a business tool - for me at least:

- battery life is significantly down
    - calendar items take up to 2 minutes to post
    - usb sync going means I've had to create new cloud accounts. Which don't work - I get duplicate calendar entries that I can't delete on either my phone or on the outlook.com site
    - Twitter, BBW and Facebook take ages to load and crash/fail to load half the time
    - I can't back up my hundreds of memos to my pc

Clearly other opinions are available, but this is my experience as a 12 year Blackberry loyalist.
    03-20-13 08:33 AM
    I don't believe you lol...

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 08:34 AM
    Your prerogative.
    03-20-13 08:35 AM
    Sounds like user error at its finest, blaming the product before knowing how to use it.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 08:35 AM
    It is worse as a business tool - for me at least:

- battery life is significantly down
    - calendar items take up to 2 minutes to post
    - usb sync going means I've had to create new cloud accounts. Which don't work - I get duplicate calendar entries that I can't delete on either my phone or on the outlook.com site
    - Twitter, BBW and Facebook take ages to load and crash/fail to load half the time
    - I can't back up my hundreds of memos to my pc

Clearly other opinions are available, but this is my experience as a 12 year Blackberry loyalist.
    Thanks for clarifying, and that makes sense and im sure all of those complaints are software update fixes.. with a new device and a brand new system for a company it takes a little bit to work out the kinks, I love my Z10 I agree fb and twitter Suck but I heard the company's and not BlackBerry made those, so hopefully they get in gear and get it up to par

What Os are you on cause the 10.0.10.672 update is supposed to help with the battery

Posted via CB10
    Bartleby001 likes this.
    03-20-13 08:36 AM
    "Sounds like user error at its finest, blaming the product before knowing how to use it."

From me or the article? I've invested a month in this so far and followed thread after thread to try and solve the problems I've encountered.
    03-20-13 08:36 AM
    Several things you've said I've never encountered on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 08:38 AM
    Oh well, if you've never encountered them, I must be lying eh? Lol indeed.
    tangyorangesour likes this.
    03-20-13 08:38 AM
77 123 ...