Seriously? This is ONE carrier. Bell is obviously trying to attract new customers with this deal. This does not affect BlackBerry negatively in anyway because they still sold the Z10 to Bell for the same price regardless of what Bell is selling it for.

Point 2, this is a TEMPORARY sale. Meaning, not permanent. Which is further proof is just trying to get some contracts signed.

Not everything is a conspiracy!

Posted via CB10
    Spin it if it makes you feel better about your purchase but until someone can point out when a flagship phone has been given away this soon I'm sticking to my guns. I remember it being a big deal when the GS3 had a 99 dollar sale 5 months after release.
    04-17-13 08:55 AM
    Spin it if it makes you feel better about your purchase but until someone can point out when a flagship phone has been given away this soon I'm sticking to my guns. I remember it being a big deal when the GS3 had a 99 dollar sale 5 months after release.
    LOL I really couldn't care less what I paid for my phone.

By the way, this phone isn't being "given away" unless you consider signing a new (not even upgrade) *3-year* contract being "given away".

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    04-17-13 09:03 AM
    Sale ends April 18th... Last month Rogers was offering the S3 for $0 as well so this is not a negative indication in any way. People need to stop trying to analyze everything they come across. This is for new activations only and on a three year plan. Bell is trying to attract new customers here.
    habs_fan and Kat0908 like this.
    04-17-13 09:06 AM
    Sale ends April 18th... Last month Rogers was offering the S3 for $0 as well so this is not a negative indication in any way. People need to stop trying to analyze everything they come across
    The S3 was 9 months old with the S4 right around the corner. The Z10 is still a baby. Not sure how you can see that as a similar situation.
    04-17-13 09:09 AM
    Not a good sign for Z, looks like mist of the chips are being pushed to the

Posted via CB10
    Are you kidding? It's a sale! The Z10 is ONE of a few on SALE. I'll say it again, it's a temporary Best Buy Sale on many smart phones on a 3 year term.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-17-13 09:17 AM
    Most of the chips are being pushed to the Q. While BB doesn't lose per se on the specific phones given away, they lose in public perception. And while it could help marginally in user base, they may have simply skimmed the easy $ sales with intention to partially retreat prior to almost certainly a more successful Q introduction in June.

Yes, BB realistically has to return to 7-10% market share. And they could have almost given away phones with that objective. Unfortunately BB also now requires cash flow and earnings to realistically survive (as indpndt public co.).

So, of course it's not a great sign to see deep discounts so soon. Just how bad will depend on success of Q (which in turn probably depends on cleaning up apps and a few OS10 bugs...but that's for another thread).

[Note: This touch screen just isn't a BlackBerry reliable keypad in my mind..]

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M65c02; 06-10-13 at 01:17 PM.
    04-17-13 09:24 AM
    Usually a phone is older before they get the free treatment. I refuse to believe this is a good sign. I can't remember the last time a flagship phone was free after 2 months.
    Yes, but before this carriers weren't doing three year contracts. A carrier has a lot more wiggle room with pricing when they have another full year to squeeze the money out of you. Especially since that third year the profit margin is undoubtedly higher than at the start of the contract. I mean 3 years ago $100.00 for one line was the norm for Unlimited Calls, texts, 2GB high-speed/unlimited 2g thereafter data; now T-mobile offers that for $60, not to mention if you want unlimited high-speed data it's only $70 a month.

This doesn't reflect current pricing* Imagine you sign in for a 3 year contract @ $80 for unlimited everything, 2 yrs later the company begins charging $50/month. Obviously it doesn't cost the full $50/month to run the cell-towers, etc. So in the course of that final year in contract they make $360 over the current market value of that plan the customer is on. Easily, that is enough to recoup selling the Z10s for $0 down.
    04-17-13 09:34 AM
    Isn't the GS3 the best selling android phone? Wow, someone figured out that if they lower the price, they sell MORE. Incredible that the carriers would do that.
    04-17-13 09:35 AM

So, of course it's not a great sign to see deep discounts so soon. Just how bad will depend on success of Q (which in turn probably depends on cleaning up apps and a few OS10 bugs...but that's for another thread).
    "Deep Discounts"??
    So because Best Buy Canada has a sale on the Z10 AND other smartphones on a 3 years term, this means BBRY is hurting??

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-17-13 09:41 AM
    Isn't the GS3 the best selling android phone? Wow, someone figured out that if they lower the price, they sell MORE. Incredible that the carriers would do that.
    It was the best selling phone before the sale as well. Look, this is just my point of view. As long as I have a phone that I enjoy I could care less how it's selling.
    04-17-13 09:42 AM
    Lowering the barriers to entry to own a Blackberry seems to be a smart strategy imo. Think about it this way, if you can own a flagship phone, social influences aside, myself, along with most other consumers will choose the marked down unit. Apple knows they don't need to adjust pricing, because they have their franchise built up, they have the apps, they have the social influences(people buy what their friends by to a certain extent), and they have a an easy to use OS(because a large chunk of the marketplace is familiar with iPad, MacBooks, iMacs, iphones, and, of course, the iPhone).

Blackberry needs to get the phones into the hands of the average joe, and after this if they can launch the apps quick enough to allow consumer confidence in future developments people will stay satisfied. The key is to hook as many people with the Z10, and Q10 as possible so consumers have Blackberry 10 on their radar. This allows a smashing opening once Blackberry launches their quad-core device in 3rd/4th quarter of 2013, if not 1st quarter 2014.

Specs aren't too important now, but when the quad-cores come out, it will be important to have another Blackberry 10 model ready. (Last rumor was around a Blackberry A10, but I read this a long time ago, so much can change)
    04-17-13 12:15 PM
    It was the best selling phone before the sale as well. Look, this is just my point of view. As long as I have a phone that I enjoy I could care less how it's selling.
    I think its a tremendous selling point when the customers know their friend paid $200 for an SG3, and then BAM, here's Black Friday, or whatever sale, and now I can get it FREE!

Its the ultimate oneupmanship, telling your friend that you really scored a better deal than they did for the phone!
    04-17-13 12:24 PM
    It was the guy in charge of the mobile phone area. He was hinting that BlackBerry phones will have access to the android market. I have no clue if this is true but that is what he said. He also told me that the phone is doing better than expected.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 03:56 PM
38 12