Don't really care as long as performance is good and battery is good.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 03:04 PM
    Personally I would like the focus if the next all touch BlackBerry phone to be on power conservation an longer overall battery life . I don't think that more cores will help in this regard. More cores might be good for a more entertainment oriented device like a phablet or tablet. But I hope the next Z10 has a power sipping touch screen. (AMOLED) and a bigger battery ( at least 2000mAh). But more cores? Why?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 03:08 PM
    What's wrong with having a 500g battery? Would be nice to including a shoulder strap, like I had with my bag phone. I miss it... ;-)

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    LOL, no thanks. I saw a shoulder strap 6000 mAh battery on Amazon, it was nuts!
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-27-13 03:15 PM
    I don't really care about the cpu cores, just give the next BlackBerry some good graphics power

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 03:21 PM
    From my limited knowledge and from all my research when buying an Android tablet, most Android apps can't/don't utilize the capabilities of quad core (they're optimized for dual core) usage. This is why most of the big-name brand tablets use great dual-core processors (like the dual-core Tegras and Exynos and/or Rockchip 3066s).

It is, however, rumoured that Key Lime Pie will not only utilize quad-core processing but will *require* it. This is why I opted to buy a tablet with the RK3188 processor + 2GB RAM - for future upgrading purposes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-27-13 03:25 PM
    Don't need quad or octo core processors if the OS is not optimized for them same goes for apps. The next entertainment blackberry ie Zed 11? should concentrate on beefing up the GPU and higher resolution screen etc

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 03:43 PM
    The processor is only part of the equation. A major factor is the efficiency of the app and how it uses the CPU.
    04-27-13 04:09 PM
    Better cpu always help. But a 2 days battery life and a camera with good low light performance and slow motion videos will take Z10 to a new level. IMHO.

Thank you and Welcome
    04-27-13 04:55 PM
    Let's not forget that there is a performance penalty for every core you add. A single core 1GHz processor is faster at a single thread than a dual core 1GHz, roughly by 15% if the ratio is the same as desktop processors.

BlackBerry or anybody for that fact needs to start giving us fast processors instead of relying on more cores and faulty software utilization. Shoot clock the dual cores at 2GHz and call it super core technology or something and I will be happy.

Posted via CB10
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    04-27-13 05:31 PM
    Your all thinking in the NOW not the future ... Of course a blackberry will have a quad core, all phones will by next year and a couple years after that itll be quad quad cores and so on. Blackberry isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

Late this year into the xmas season we should see a phablet blackberry with at least a 5" screen. That will have a quad no doubt and stylus pen as well with a 2800+mah battery
    dale-c and MasterOfBinary like this.
    04-27-13 07:28 PM
    Hell yea there already working on a 5" phone hopefully it's 1080p

Via Z10
    uaisol likes this.
    04-27-13 07:49 PM
    Just wondering whether having more cores, ie quad core, would benefit in running multiple apps, noting the given that 1 app doesn't need more than a dual core to run efficiently?

I'm guessing QNX is similar as computers, where a computer can run multiple apps/windows better with more cores?
    04-27-13 08:18 PM
    NO! I do not want a cellphone that only lasts 4 hours because the phone is constantly using quad cores. No application to date uses quadcore(from what I've read) and only android needs it not to lag. I would only want it if the battery compensated and it would run sideloads better.
    the new generation of processors dont all constantly run. It can run one core at a time and call upon other processors when needed. So it will save battery life and have the benefit of four cores.

so a dual core both running will actually consume more power then a four core using that technology.
    04-27-13 08:35 PM
    What about android player? Wouldn't quad core CPU make run Android apps faster?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    BlackBerry Android Player needs for be removed or at least we should have the option to disable it entirely from loading into memory.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    ddlax22 likes this.
    04-27-13 08:43 PM
    BlackBerry Android Player needs for be removed or at least we should have the option to disable it entirely from loading into memory.
    +1
    04-27-13 09:33 PM
    What I concern now is how have a longer battery performance. With Z10, even I don't dare to play game during break time if I am out of reach of charger.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 09:38 PM
    Just wondering whether having more cores, ie quad core, would benefit in running multiple apps, noting the given that 1 app doesn't need more than a dual core to run efficiently?

I'm guessing QNX is similar as computers, where a computer can run multiple apps/windows better with more cores?
    It's not just multiple apps, were in the app infancy still. In a few years massive companies will be churning out apps that control the UI and things will be much more integrated. Games right now are reason enough for quad cores because of the intense graphics and speed. Devices should not show any hardware weakness until the end of their life cycle, Play station 3 for example. Normal apps in 2 years from now will need fast phones to run them on, you don't want to be left in the dark again.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    04-27-13 09:47 PM
    Hardware isn't what sells phones. It's the features as long as features stay consistent and innovative people will care less and less about the horsepower. It happens in every booming industry.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 09:51 PM
    Aristo!!!

Well...maybe...one can dream

Posted via CB10
    yyyup,,, rumors of a May release, too,,, this could be the all touch "non-Z10" device slated for Sprint...

RIM BlackBerry Aristo EU Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net
    04-27-13 10:11 PM
    The latest rumors have the Aristo sporting a 3300mAH battery. Sealed, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    source???
    04-27-13 10:14 PM
    No I want a 6 core Z10 device.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-27-13 10:18 PM
    in BB10 (QNX) case, a faster cpu and gpu is probably more beneficial than having a quad core.

a cpu than could further boost its speed when in demand while also be able to throttle further down to lower speed at idle or low load, and a faster gpu for better graphical experience.
    04-27-13 10:19 PM
    I just want the next bb10 to be in full metallic.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 10:24 PM
    If there is a qua cores in the future I'm worried about the battery life. Since that of Z10 is not good even after Os updated. Besides , because of the software limitations, a phone with more than two cores is actually not as strong as it looks.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 10:31 PM
    Keep in mind that Thorsten said BlackBerry would replace your desktop computer. There might be a device which is not optimal as a phone but is perfectly capable of doing what the majority of people do on their desktop computers: check email, store photos and data, surf the Web. It probably could be made to work as a good phone as well but might be on the large and heavy side.
    04-27-13 11:00 PM
101 1234 ...