I am in general happy with the performance of Z10 but i think that next high end BB10 should come with quad core CPU. The reason why I say that is not because I think the os is slow but because I think that android based appa would run better with more powerful cpu.

I just sideload latest version of Dolphin browser and one thing I can say is that Dolphin run much better on Z10 than on Playbook. Pages load faster and overall experience is good. Playbook hardware is not as good as Z10 so it seems to me that cpu power makes a difference. I am wondering if sheer power od quad core or eight core cpu would make android apps run as smoothly as native qnx apps? Or perhaps no matter how faster cpu is android player will never be capable od running Android apps better?
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    04-27-13 10:42 AM
    As long as it doesn't cause any problems

I'd pay a bit more, given the option to have quad core -- no matter how useless.
    04-27-13 12:04 PM
    Z10 is great with the dual core. If battery is better and phone competes in perceived speed then quad is not needed. It's more of a spec ego thing at the point. QNX is very efficient and has proven that specs don't mean as much as they used to.

Posted via CB10
    fragment137 likes this.
    04-27-13 12:09 PM
    Regardless of whether or not the Android Runtime is running on a dual, quad or octa core CPU, it's still running Gingerbread. Let's see how it goes running Jelly Bean first.
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    04-27-13 12:15 PM
    Agree with two responders to OP, let's get thru this Z (and Q) first...and we've got a long, long ways to go to get over the hump.

As per battery issue, yes, yes, ugly as barely adequate, at best, under present hard/soft configs....hard to imagine using current Z10 (or slightly better Q10) battery with a heavier juice eating QP bringing only relatively marginal returns in "appreciable" speed for the vast majority of apps.

Posted via CB10
    King29b likes this.
    04-27-13 12:27 PM
    If apps become more complicated requiring more power, yes or whatever it will take to get people to stop talking about old or last year's technology.

Posted via CB10
    idon12no likes this.
    04-27-13 12:31 PM
    It's long been a complaint that BlackBerry doesn't seem to care about current hardware. In the case of the BB10s that's not quite true (I'd put them in the upper range of competitiveness), but it's still a complaint.

I'd like to see just how good BB10 would be on leading edge mobile hardware, and it would shut the "BB is dead" critics for good.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 12:35 PM
    If it as a quad I'll ask a 2800 mAh battery at the least. I know that the process is to use two of the processors as energy saving but in reality this drain the battery more than it will give you a better performance overall

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 12:42 PM
    I think they might not have much the choice to come out with a quad core phone eventually. Or maybe they would skip the quad to an octo core?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 12:43 PM
    Aristo!!!

Well...maybe...one can dream

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    04-27-13 12:43 PM
    Quad cores would be only marginally faster, and only in specific situations.

Octa cores provide no performance increase whatsoever, they can only ever use four at a time. The reason to use the current generation of octa core processors is battery consumption, not performance.
    04-27-13 01:04 PM
    I really think thunder buck hit it on the head there

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    04-27-13 01:08 PM
    Not really

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 01:20 PM
    I don't see a benefit to quad core for bb10 unless it brings battery improvement or some special feature.

Bb10 isn't like Android. I've used android devices with quad core processors and they still sputter.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    04-27-13 01:26 PM
    If it as a quad I'll ask a 2800 mAh battery at the least. I know that the process is to use two of the processors as energy saving but in reality this drain the battery more than it will give you a better performance overall

Posted via CB10
    The latest rumors have the Aristo sporting a 3300mAH battery. Sealed, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 01:37 PM
    I don't see a benefit to quad core for bb10 unless it brings battery improvement or some special feature.

Bb10 isn't like Android. I've used android devices with quad core processors and they still sputter.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    Yes but android is highly depended on cpu power.

04-27-13 01:54 PM
    Just to shut the annoying Android drones up I'd like to see BlackBerry use all the top end hardware available at the time of making their next phone. I'm happy with what they put into the Z10 but for the sake of keeping these mindless zombies quiet, I'd love it. Plus, then we can have better looking games and such with better and faster hardware.

Posted via CB10
    bitek likes this.
    04-27-13 02:38 PM
    Some bragging rights wouldn't be a bad thing for BlackBerry. Blow everybody else out of the water even if it is not expected to help the bottom line, at least not in terms of Unit sales. Would really have to be done right to achieve the desired results.
    We need a Skunkworks.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 02:46 PM
    We don't need any quad-core CPU smartphone. There is no application which could possibly make use of such a microprocessor.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    skibnik, mcmolineux and ddlax22 like this.
    04-27-13 02:49 PM
    If we reach the point where a quad cpu is needed then sure. But from my perspective I don't see the point. The phone and os is plenty fast enough.

Posted with CB10 on a Z10
    04-27-13 02:53 PM
    I think they should skip 4 and go right to 8.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-27-13 02:56 PM
    OCTA baby

Posted via unlocked Z10 on T-Mo in SoCal
    04-27-13 02:58 PM
    NO! I do not want a cellphone that only lasts 4 hours because the phone is constantly using quad cores. No application to date uses quadcore(from what I've read) and only android needs it not to lag. I would only want it if the battery compensated and it would run sideloads better.
    04-27-13 02:59 PM
    We don't need any quad-core CPU smartphone. There is no application which could possibly make use of such a microprocessor.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    What about android player? Wouldn't quad core CPU make run Android apps faster?

BerryWizard likes this.
    04-27-13 03:01 PM
    NO! I do not want a cellphone that only lasts 4 hours because the phone is constantly using quad cores. No application to date uses quadcore(from what I've read) and only android needs it not to lag. I would only want it if the battery compensated and it would run sideloads better.
    What's wrong with having a 500g battery? Would be nice to including a shoulder strap, like I had with my bag phone. I miss it... ;-)

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    04-27-13 03:04 PM
101 123 ...