Question of the day would you openly share your pin? Perhaps getting to know someone first is best, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this one. Well here's mine if you feel like adding someone new. 2ABB3339... Always look forward to BBM'ing someone new.
    dahccec, jaydee5799 and DJM626 like this.
    01-20-14 02:44 PM
    I have never done it while here....until today. I woke up and decided I would put my pin out there and see if there are new friends to add.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-02-14 at 05:38 PM.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-20-14 02:51 PM
    I don't think I would again. Too many spam attempts and hounded by freaks overseas that just don't understand 'leave me alone, not interested'.

Maybe in the future who knows. If people or groups didn't abuse the privacy then maybe I would.

PS: privacy can only be secured in BBM, you cannot block PIN 2 PIN as far as I know. - didn't see that option with BB10.1

Weapon of choice Z10, Full Metal CB10!
    curvezzz and jaydee5799 like this.
    01-20-14 03:03 PM
    I have shared my PIN and I have also added complete strangers to my BBM with good results. With being male I don't get many odd people hounding or saying adverse things. I have deleted people who seem to have added me as a hash mark to have "X" number of contacts as some sort of an ego thing. Overall I would say my BBM PIN sharing has been good. I wouldn't recommend it to any of my doing it until they were of age and maturity.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 03:20 PM
    I will share a pin after watching how a person posts here. If they are helpful, kind to newbies then I am willing to share. But to share with complete strangers is asking for trouble.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    01-20-14 03:27 PM
    I will share a pin after watching how a person posts here. If they are helpful, kind to newbies then I am willing to share. But to share with complete strangers is asking for trouble.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Well I have to agree but then again taking chances is all part of life sometimes, you can be agoraphobic or you can face the world head on.
    01-20-14 04:42 PM
    To disclose your address is one thing along with your complete identity, unless you can have on going conversations with people. The problem we all face today is trust. Very few of us in this world are trust worthy and therefore we must watch ourselves, being realistic when your on borrowed time don't you think you'd wanna make the best of it? And when it's time and you've made your peace you have no regrets. In all sake of this thread it's to prove to ourselves that technologies have taken over and getting to know your neighbours and the city have fallen behind us, communication hence verbal and physical communication is almost non existent. We need to change! We can still have our devices but also make the effort to get to know each other again, and the rest of the world would know that it's hard to be anything but friendly and peaceful.
    01-20-14 04:51 PM
    I have never done it while here....until today. I woke up and decided I would put my pin out there and see if there are new friends to add. 333CC25C
    Then today is my lucky day, because I think you're an amazing person - and not just because your wallpapers are great! I will be sending you an invite soon!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 04:53 PM
    I've posted my PIN here once I think, but I just have problems trusting people. There are people IRL that I don't trust... So people on another screen is kind of tricky. but I've met some really nice people in BBM groups. Hmm...

2AD9DE9D

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-20-14 04:55 PM
    I don't think I would again. Too many spam attempts and hounded by freaks overseas that just don't understand 'leave me alone, not interested'.

Maybe in the future who knows. If people or groups didn't abuse the privacy then maybe I would.

PS: privacy can only be secured in BBM, you cannot block PIN 2 PIN as far as I know. - didn't see that option with BB10.1

Weapon of choice Z10, Full Metal CB10!
    Good to know about blocking PIN 2 PIN, I like the honesty.
    01-20-14 04:56 PM
    I agree that is is a matter of trust. But as the person receiving invitations you have the chance to decline. And as for adding strangers; it can be risky only if you don't hit delete after deciding this new person is not a compatible one to talk to.

I have contacts on my list from as far back as 5 years ago; warm, friendly individuals whom I count as wonderful friends. They all started out as a stranger to me. If I never gave them a chance, I wouldn't have met some fantastic people.

But to be sure, there are some that have come and gone. I'm none the worse for wear.
    01-20-14 05:10 PM
    I've shared my pin on here several times. I like having new contacts, but sometimes you stumble upon someone who isn't right for your list. I've deleted my fair share of people, but I have some folks who are great on my list.

Overall, sharing my pin has been an okay experience.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-20-14 05:22 PM
    2ABB23D5 i have never shared it yet i hace very few people who use or know bbm

Posted via Z10 from Lithuania
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-20-14 05:45 PM
    Question of the day would you openly share your pin? Perhaps getting to know someone first is best, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this one. Well here's mine if you feel like adding someone new. 2ABB3339... Always look forward to BBM'ing someone new.
    I've decided that with all the feedback in this forum is this interesting I'll continue to share my PIN, look forward to adding you. Please be kind with your comment we should all be friends in here, Circle of Trust "Robert DeNiro". Thanks for sharing all your honesty
    01-20-14 05:49 PM
    ive shared my pin here a few times and talked to some great ppl all over the country,i just started back using my z10 and loving it. something i have never tried is bbm voice or video call that i would like to.
    great thread you started op!
    2ABE6409
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-20-14 06:20 PM
    ive shared my pin here a few times and talked to some great ppl all over the country,i just started back using my z10 and loving it. something i have never tried is bbm voice or video call that i would like to.
    great thread you started op!
    2ABE6409
    You must try BBM Voice! It's as if you are on a phone call. It's extremely clear and fun. I haven't tried a video call yet, but I've heard good things.

Posted via CB10
    mohawk apple likes this.
    01-20-14 06:30 PM
    You must try BBM Voice! It's as if you are on a phone call. It's extremely clear and fun. I haven't tried a video call yet, but I've heard good things.

Posted via CB10
    how bout you give me a call and we can both experience them!
    01-20-14 07:03 PM
    That's what I'm talking about, so far the experience seems to be going well. Made a couple friends thanks to all who are participating, and look forward to more great comments keep em all coming. Video chat is also something I'd like to give a shot, Kevin mickaluk has a video on YouTube you should all check it out.
    01-20-14 08:52 PM
    I'm not a big chatter but I do not care about my PIN sharing. Only normal conversations, no flirting, just chatting about sports, cars, work and life generally. Always nice to get to know new people.
    Sorry for my rusty English.
    My PIN: 2AC1FB50
    greetings from belgium.
    01-22-14 01:51 PM
    how bout you give me a call and we can both experience them!
    I don't like video chatting TBH, I'm a self-conscious woman.

But BBM Voice for sure! Lool.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 02:16 PM
    It's a good stuff sharing bbm pin but with the good persons.
    So many people want to spam or try to pishing us.
    24CDD8E8

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 02:25 PM
    In legacy os you can block PIN messages in the BlackBery firewall. Have you checked there on BB10?
    01-22-14 02:36 PM
    I never understood this pin messaging thing. People just throw it out there, especially in blackberry world. Do people enjoy getting messages from complete strangers??...

i currently have just 2 bbm friends mainly cause others have jumped ship but i would get annoyed if i updated my status and suddenly I get 6-7 messages from strangers saying things like "...it must be nice." or other random comments....if i want to talk about a tv show, music, movie, etc. then i would go in a forum specific to my interest at the time I choose. Not to mention that if it's shared with someone outside your timezone you'll likely get unimportant messages at 3am or constantly have that new update indicator making you go through who said what to see if it's one of your real friends...

here's a scenario that happened about a month ago... i went to this bar and grill and came across a guy who had a white z10, i then showed him my black z10 and we spoke briefly as to why we like it. he was an air force pilot, seemed like a cool cat so we exchanged pins... i have yet to speak to him again on bbm...why? cause I have nothing to say, and evidently neither does he...and we actually met and vibed for a bit so the point of sharing pins in forums or anywhere on the net for strangers is pointless...at least it is for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 03:37 PM
    ... here's a scenario that happened about a month ago... i went to this bar and grill and came across a guy who had a white z10, i then showed him my black z10 and we spoke briefly as to why we like it. he was an air force pilot, seemed like a cool cat so we exchanged pins... i have yet to speak to him again on bbm...why? cause I have nothing to say, and evidently neither does he ...
    True, but maybe he's a good contact to have in your network. Maybe someday you'll need a favor from someone with military connections?
    01-22-14 06:50 PM
    True, but maybe he's a good contact to have in your network. Maybe someday you'll need a favor from someone with military connections?
    Highly unlikely; besides that's what the u.s. Embassy is for if need be...anyhow there is still no incentive in publicly posting my pin number. I'm just asking to be bothered if i did so.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 06:57 PM
45 12