Highly unlikely; besides that's what the u.s. Embassy is for if need be...anyhow there is still no incentive in publicly posting my pin number. I'm just asking to be bothered if i did so.
    No, I just meant if your kid wants to be a pilot or get some military job in Geneva. Someone like that guy could be freaking general by then and good to know, lol. Or he might be working for Southwest Airlines. Guy could probably just shoot a BBM to someone else in his contact list and set up the interview. I'm just saying it could open doors ...
    01-22-14 07:10 PM
    No, I just meant if your kid wants to be a pilot or get some military job in Geneva. Someone like that guy could be freaking general by then and good to know, lol. Or he might be working for Southwest Airlines. Guy could probably just shoot a BBM to someone else in his contact list and set up the interview. I'm just saying it could open doors ...
    You're thinking of a highly unlikely hypothetical scenario. The point of the thread is about posting your pin in public places, which as I said, unless you like to be bothered by strangers at random times throughout the day, there is no point.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:48 PM
    Everyone can have their own opinion. Some of us like meeting new people. Others consider it an invasion of privacy. No matter. Post or not. It's up to the individual. Everyone is happy. I may redact my pin later if I don't want any more invites. We can all change our minds

Posted via Z10. HTTR forever!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-22-14 07:59 PM
    You're thinking of a highly unlikely hypothetical scenario. The point of the thread is about posting your pin in public places, which as I said, unless you like to be bothered by strangers at random times throughout the day, there is no point.
    No, I was merely implying that your new BBM contact might even make more sense than some random stranger met on the net. You yourself said that he hasn't bothered you, and you haven't bothered him. So why you going on about being bothered by strangers?
    01-22-14 08:31 PM
    I don't think much of it. If I feel like bad will remove and block.
    My pin:2B4AC853

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 08:57 PM
    No, I was merely implying that your new BBM contact might even make more sense than some random stranger met on the net. You yourself said that he hasn't bothered you, and you haven't bothered him. So why you going on about being bothered by strangers?
    Because THIS thread was about displaying your pin in public places for the purpose of having new contacts and NOT about physically meeting someone and exchanging pin numbers...
    i only brought it up as a comparison and to make a point that I met a stranger and exchanged pins with no further contact so why would I want to exchange pins with people I Don't Know and risk being bothered constantly or not at all, in which case would defeat the purpose...
    I understand other people have what they consider good experiences and get a kick out of somebody from Alaska chiming in to say "how's the weather where you are?" and carrying on a conversation about it... not me; chances are, they'll send me a message at the worse possible time about what they had for lunch and I will tell them off and delete them and all because I posted my pin in a forum?? No thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 09:13 PM
    I've had overall good results with BBM on here. I've made some really good friends from CrackBerry. I'm not joking - I consider them my good friends. I'm not saying to add everyone on here, but there are a few really good people and it's worth taking a little bit of a chance to add them.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-22-14 09:28 PM
    I've had overall good results with BBM on here. I've made some really good friends from CrackBerry. I'm not joking - I consider them my good friends. I'm not saying to add everyone on here, but there are a few really good people and it's worth taking a little bit of a chance to add them.

Posted via CB10
    I get that part of it; for instance, if there was an active developer in here with an app i'm interested in and they openly said will provide support for users then i would add them BUT this thread is asking would you openly share your pin, as in having it as a signature, your profile, etc. for random people to pick up.

Not to mention that if you get into some kind of discussion with someone in a thread, then you get a pin request (if displayed) and you don't know who or why and if you accept out of curiosity and all they have to say is "I agree with what you said on X thread." By which I would wonder "is the like button not working on crackberry? " and if they wanted to send me a message about a thread i'm in they could just as easily quote my comment and do it there...
    if you go into blackberry world and see the review on some apps you will constantly see people simply put their pins "so we can chat"...to that I ask, "what's the point??... and now with bbm channels there is even less of a point to add random strangers.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 09:58 PM
    I get that part of it; for instance, if there was an active developer in here with an app i'm interested in and they openly said will provide support for users then i would add them BUT this thread is asking would you openly share your pin, as in having it as a signature, your profile, etc. for random people to pick up.

Not to mention that if you get into some kind of discussion with someone in a thread, then you get a pin request (if displayed) and you don't know who or why and if you accept out of curiosity and all they have to say is "I agree with what you said on X thread." By which I would wonder "is the like button not working on crackberry? " and if they wanted to send me a message about a thread i'm in they could just as easily quote my comment and do it there...
    if you go into blackberry world and see the review on some apps you will constantly see people simply put their pins "so we can chat"...to that I ask, "what's the point??... and now with bbm channels there is even less of a point to add random strangers.

Posted via CB10
    Hey!

I'm sorry, I was in no way trying to disagree with you or trying to get you to change your mind. I'm sorry if my post came off that way.

To be honest, I held back from sharing my PIN for a long time. And I still filter some requests and if I don't like who I'm talking to, they get deleted.

I agree with what you said about BlackBerry World. Putting your PIN there seems a bit odd to me. Well, it seems REALLY odd.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:11 PM
    How exactly do you chat pin to pin without revealing any personal information? Do you guys hide your personal picture or name in your BBM?
    Like my BBM name is my first name and last name and my picture is my business card.
    So if I PIN someone (there is no compose PIN option without adding them first) I have to add them to my contacts!
    01-22-14 10:18 PM
    Hey!

I'm sorry, I was in no way trying to disagree with you or trying to get you to change your mind. I'm sorry if my post came off that way.

To be honest, I held back from sharing my PIN for a long time. And I still filter some requests and if I don't like who I'm talking to, they get deleted.

I agree with what you said about BlackBerry World. Putting your PIN there seems a bit odd to me. Well, it seems REALLY odd.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for what?? I haven't changed my mind and didn't think you were trying to do so... i'm just complying to what the thread starter was asking which incidently posted his pin in his comment just "to add somebody new"... i'm just wondering and dumbfounded as to the point of that? same goes for people requesting to use bbm video or voice call...WHY? I just don't see myself calling someone I don't know, to say what? "Oh cool, it works." "Ok, bye."... i just don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:23 PM
    Added few people from crackberry, most of them are nice people except one or two people just deleted me for no reasons lol.

Haven't share my pin though, just adding.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pankaler; 01-23-14 at 06:10 AM.
    01-22-14 10:30 PM
    Sorry for what?? I haven't changed my mind and didn't think you were trying to do so... i'm just complying to what the thread starter was asking which incidently posted his pin in his comment just "to add somebody new"... i'm just wondering and dumbfounded as to the point of that? same goes for people requesting to use bbm video or voice call...WHY? I just don't see myself calling someone I don't know, to say what? "Oh cool, it works." "Ok, bye."... i just don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    Okay, all good! Just making sure I didn't commit a technological-social-faux-pas.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-22-14 10:35 PM
    How exactly do you chat pin to pin without revealing any personal information? Do you guys hide your personal picture or name in your BBM?
    Like my BBM name is my first name and last name and my picture is my business card.
    So if I PIN someone (there is no compose PIN option without adding them first) I have to add them to my contacts!
    Well it's very rare that I put a picture of myself on bbm and that's with people I do know, if i had people I didn't know I wouldn't put my picture at all...as for pinning someone I don't do much of it but as far as I know nothing you don't want displayed in bbm will not be... the most i've seen and the only thing I think you have the option to display is the bar code ( or whatever they call it). It won't show your address and phone number if that's what you're worried about.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:35 PM
    Here's mine pin:24DCCCEB

It also helps me remember when it's also my pin for my bank card.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:41 PM
    No compose PIN option on BBM? I have it on legacy. In Messages, hit menu, compose other, then PIN. And what do you mean your business card is your pic? Do yo mean you have your contact (electronic business card or vcard) as your pic? Or did you actually click a pic of your business card with your cam and use it for your pic?
    01-22-14 10:54 PM
    I never experienced bbm ( is that what these pins are for?) as i just had my z10. Too bad cant experience using it. Anyway, those who want to share things to me about this awesome phone, here's mine. 2ABCEF24.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 11:22 PM
    No compose PIN option on BBM? I have it on legacy. In Messages, hit menu, compose other, then PIN. And what do you mean your business card is your pic? Do yo mean you have your contact (electronic business card or vcard) as your pic? Or did you actually click a pic of your business card with your cam and use it for your pic?
    I am using BBM for Android. I still have my 9900 and yes, it is tightly integrated so we can compose PIN directly, PIN to PIN. No such a thing on Android or perhaps the newer BBM's on BB10?

I took a picture of my business card and set it as my picture.

I did not share my PIN anywhere on the internet, it is used by companies I deal with, colleagues, or business partners overseas, so I thought I could do some anonymous random chit-chat by sharing PIN# so people can just BBM mi with PIN without having to worry about sharing their info, or me sharing mine. I guess it doesn't work that way. I am sure I have to allow them before they can see my details, but still, without allowing I can't reply..
    01-23-14 12:30 AM
    I'm a bit more wary about posting my pin in a public place. The last time I did it on my Instagram I had a lot of random creepy weirdos messaging me because I was "cute". I would rather talk to a person for a bit before giving them my info. Just my personal opinion
    waco77us likes this.
    01-23-14 04:39 AM
    Hmmmm. Cute = delightfully dainty ....
    01-23-14 06:10 AM
45 12