01-15-14 02:25 PM
127 ... 3456
tools
    How do you know how I type? Who said I type with one hand? Either using a qwerty for 12 years or my Z'd for a year, I have always typed with two thumbs.

The virtual keyboard has never been the problem, it's other manufacturers Virtual keyboard that is the problem....IMO, they are crap. Would I spend 100.00 for a qwerty case for my z'd?...Nope. Never thought I'd sway from a qwerty keyboard until I tried BlackBerry's . I also can type without looking at my phone...while walking down the street. You are correct, It's not always about speed....its about speed and accuracy. I personally get both from Blackberry's virtual keyboard.

Now if the question was "would I buy an iphone if they had a quality built keyboard case? " Probably not, but it would be one less issue I have with the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't try to guess how you type, neither tried to guess what's the best for you...

I still didn't find one person that can type on touch screen without looking with acuracy enought.... if you you say you can... that's great!

I just wonder if you find any advantage of a physical keyboard... because the milions of physical keyboard users now look like a bunch of idiots that pay the same for a inferior device, and that don't have enough inteligence to type as good on a touch screen
    01-14-14 09:52 AM
    No. I don't like physical keyboards... Might as well embrace the future where touch and voice will be all that and then some.
    01-14-14 09:59 AM
    I just read Kevin's post about wearing out his TYPO keyboard and wondered...

If BBRY made a keyboard case like TYPO for Z10 and/or Z30 would you buy one?

Perhaps someone at CrackBerry could create a poll please?

Z10 STL100-2 10.2.1.1925 DTAC 3G
    That's like asking the Windows and Android users would buy a Typo keyboard for your Android or Windows device, the answer is simply NO. To be honest if you want a keyboard buy a sinking device that has a physical keyboard!
    01-14-14 10:06 AM
    No: even if the virtual keyboard was so bad that I needed a physical keyboard replacement (which it isn't, this is a BlackBerry), the resultant Z30 plus an extra couple inches on the bottom would be awkward to hold.

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    01-14-14 10:09 AM
    On screen keyboard for Z10 is the best ever. No need for a physical keyboard in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 10:21 AM
    No. I don't like physical keyboards... Might as well embrace the future where touch and voice will be all that and then some.
    Sooner or later I might change to a virtual keyboard, but i'm not convinced about the voice thing.... I just feel awkward talking to something that's not a person... maybe it's just me now...
    01-14-14 10:44 AM
    Nope.

Posted using my beloved Z30 on 2.2.1.1925
    01-14-14 10:48 AM
    What's the point, there is a reason why BlackBerry made the Q10 and Q5. For iPhone they never made a touch screen and physical keyboard, main reason why they have this typo keyboard.

Posted via ZED10-BEAST
    01-14-14 10:48 AM
    No. touch keyboard is very nice
    01-14-14 11:56 AM
    Absolutely, or something similar. I have been holding off on buying a Z30 because I want a big screen
    along with a physical keyboard.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    01-14-14 03:20 PM
    Should have made this a poll so we could see the tally of yes and no replies.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    01-14-14 03:21 PM
    Hell no

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    01-14-14 03:29 PM
    Answering to OP, being a Physical keyboard guy, I don't think Blackberry touch devices need a typo, the Z10 and especialy Z30 are very very good to text, but there's always a niche, i've seen a lot of people going from Z10 to Q10 that probably where a producti like this could fit
    01-14-14 03:34 PM
    Why! The Z10 keyboard is great with the exception that there is no backspace arrow for corrections and you have to drag a circle.
    01-14-14 03:35 PM
    I wouldn't buy since my Z10's and Z30's on-screen keyboard are the best!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    +1
    01-14-14 04:58 PM
    I usually buy all accessories associated with my device, so yes I would.

Do I think BlackBerry should make an iPhone keyboard no I don't think they should. I don't think they need to make one for the Z10/30 but I would buy it if they did.
    Last edited by FoxxBerry; 01-14-14 at 06:22 PM. Reason: more comments
    01-14-14 06:19 PM
    No, it makes the phone too long.
    And I can vouch, after using so many other phones. The BlackBerry keyboard is the only acceptable keyboard for me. Even with all the third party solutions I've tried.
    01-14-14 06:28 PM
    No. If I'm going to be doing keyboard work then I use my second phone - my Bold 9900. Putting a keyboard on my Z10 would still be inferior to the 9900 for one simple reason: no trackpad
    01-14-14 07:01 PM
    Yes I would!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    01-14-14 07:28 PM
    Nope! I love my virtual keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:33 PM
    Not at chance. Cuz I won't be using an iPhone.
    01-14-14 07:52 PM
    Not me. I have trouble typing on anything else after having the Z10 for 11 months. No need for physical keys anymore

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 09:41 PM
    Nope

Trusted Member Genius
    01-15-14 02:19 AM
    THEY MUSTN'T; BLACKBERRY WILL BE SUED!

Here's Why:

So this is a brand new product with nothing like it before, correct? That was rhetorical...Apart from the layout of the keyboard, this is a Typo product and a Typo design which would be patented because well...they're making these for iPhones and you don't go into business with Apple without filing for Patents. If they had half a brain, they would patent a "cellular device case with physical keyboard for bluetooth integration".

BlackBerry can't exactly go and make one of these as well (after suing the company that made the first) and then not expect to be sued.

The options:

1. Take royalties ($10 for every device)
    2. Sue the company, get a payout and then buy the company and its patents (this way, they could actually make the product in high quality)

So you see, BlackBerry should destroy the company, then pick up the pieces and use them as ingredients in their own pie.

Also, the BlackBerry devices are too heavy for this to work on them...it only works for the excessively light and tiny phones like the iPhone 5.
    01-15-14 03:28 AM
    They can if they already hold a patent for something similar.

THEY MUSTN'T; BLACKBERRY WILL BE SUED!

Here's Why:

So this is a brand new product with nothing like it before, correct? That was rhetorical...Apart from the layout of the keyboard, this is a Typo product and a Typo design which would be patented because well...they're making these for iPhones and you don't go into business with Apple without filing for Patents. If they had half a brain, they would patent a "cellular device case with physical keyboard for bluetooth integration".

BlackBerry can't exactly go and make one of these as well (after suing the company that made the first) and then not expect to be sued.

The options:

1. Take royalties ($10 for every device)
    2. Sue the company, get a payout and then buy the company and its patents (this way, they could actually make the product in high quality)

So you see, BlackBerry should destroy the company, then pick up the pieces and use them as ingredients in their own pie.

Also, the BlackBerry devices are too heavy for this to work on them...it only works for the excessively light and tiny phones like the iPhone 5.
    01-15-14 08:51 AM
127 ... 3456