Hey guys,

i just wanted to know if anyone has had the liberty of replacing their z10 body yet regardless of reason buying something like BlackBerry Z10 Complete Housing (B Version) this.

The reason i ask is that i have been searching where i can buy a replacement rear speaker for my phone because its starting to sound like crap. I work in the metal industry and little metal chips have attached themselves to it and i cannot get them off. I tried and tried but now when it rings it just sounds absolutely terrible. Since i was unable to "just" find that, i assumed it came with the body itself when the replacement is made.

Can anyone pipe in and give me some information? Any thoughts?
    09-18-13 08:35 AM
    You can always get a replacement 'Loudspeaker Buzzer' Speaker as they call it and have it replaced or do it yourself if you are crafty enough, both items are available perhaps on eBay or such, the earpiece speaker and the loud speaker, easy fix without having to replace the whole housing which would probably be more expensive....up to you
    09-18-13 09:08 AM
    You can always get a replacement 'Loudspeaker Buzzer' Speaker as they call it and have it replaced or do it yourself if you are crafty enough, both items are available perhaps on eBay or such, the earpiece speaker and the loud speaker, easy fix without having to replace the whole housing which would probably be more expensive....up to you
    Hey ray, i realize you can technically replace the speaker which would result in me soldering the old one off and putting the new one on. Are you suggesting that if i do replace the housing that the new speaker will come with it as per my OP?
    09-18-13 09:28 AM
    I am not really sure if soldering is required with this model but if I'm not mistaken if you were to purchase the full housing it should come with the speaker in it, it is important that you make sure you get the correct one model wise because there is more than one, ask the seller about the details just to be safe. Good luck !!!!!!
    09-18-13 10:08 AM
    I too work in a machine shop and I know there are some metal chips in my rear speaker. I also saw the rear housing on etrader or some website. I've had the phone apart and I don't see any way you could take the main speaker out. It looks like it's molded into that piece. I too would like to replace mine. I think the rear housing is like 12 bucks, but I couldn't really tell from the picture if the speaker was there or not. If you find out anything, let me know.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 11:13 PM
    I too work in a machine shop and I know there are some metal chips in my rear speaker. I also saw the rear housing on etrader or some website. I've had the phone apart and I don't see any way you could take the main speaker out. It looks like it's molded into that piece. I too would like to replace mine. I think the rear housing is like 12 bucks, but I couldn't really tell from the picture if the speaker was there or not. If you find out anything, let me know.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah i diffidently will, that stuff gets into everything!!! I cant seem to have any nice phones anymore because of the simple fact that after 1 month that speaker sounds like crap. I had no idea you could just purchase the back, if the speaker is attached to the back and it is only $12, i may be inclined to do so. According to the other poster, the speaker component can be purchased on ebay. Any thoughts on that?
    09-20-13 12:16 AM
    I looked into it a little more. The speaker doesn't look like it's installed in the back housing, as there is a void in that area compared to my housing on my phone. It looks like a very close tolerance glue-in plastic speaker housing. The loudspeaker component available on eBay looks correct, but it is only the rectangular speaker part. It looks like you would have to do some transplanting and component soldering, but I have found no procedural documentation online.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 12:05 PM
    Very easy to change. Got metal shavings in mine. Only required to take out the 9 or 8 screws out pop apart. Speaker comes out easily, put in new one. No soldering. No nothing. Works great. After looking at the one on ebay, they looked like knock offs, ordered from etrade supply. Got extras. Ended up costing like $5 each counting shipping.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:36 PM
    Very easy to change. Got metal shavings in mine. Only required to take out the 9 or 8 screws out pop apart. Speaker comes out easily, put in new one. No soldering. No nothing. Works great. After looking at the one on ebay, they looked like knock offs, ordered from etrade supply. Got extras. Ended up costing like $5 each counting shipping.

Posted via CB10
    Want to send me one? PM me! or.. I could just quit my job haha. You could send it to me in an envelope. If that's too much of a hassle, can you link me to the one you purchased. How did you come to the realize that it was fake on ebay?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 06:25 PM
    I have to think you are talking about the earpiece speaker. The loudspeaker is not even visible when you take the back cover off.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 07:12 AM